Movement overhaul IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Endru1241

Movement overhaul IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

Right now I'm working on implementing frozen water tileset.
It's water with ice floes on the surface visually. In flavor it's supposed to represent prartially/periodically frozen water, so on average both lighter units and ships can meet ve through it.
It will have infantry moving with 50-67% effectiveness, and mounted with not more than 25%.
Ships would have similar movement penalty as infantry.
No wagon or siege machines. Elephants wouldn't be able to move too.
Original topic: Request for frozen river

While I have to change movement definition for pretty much all units, why not implement other movement bonuses/penalties.

For now:
1.Cavalry movement in forests 75-87% (-1), apart from elephants - I don't see how forests could stop them.
2.Movement on roads 116-150% (+1 most units, chariots gets +2 - it can be lowered later when they'll have bonus movement tech).
3.Ships movement in deep water (open sea) 134-167% (+2).

Ideas, comments?
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: Movement overhaul

Post by godOfKings »

Won't ships like frigate move 8 tiles then? But ya its good, 3 speed great transport and siege can travel travel long distance fast now
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: Movement overhaul

Post by Endru1241 »

Only on maps, where map creator put deep water tiles, the same goes for roads.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”