Berserker frenzy

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Morningwarrior

Berserker frenzy

Post by Morningwarrior »

berserker frenzy would be an ability that depending on the berserker's life, getting lower and lower, he starts to get stronger, for example:
-less than 25% of your Hp(18), gains if +1 attack
-less than 50%, half your Hp(12) gains if more +1 attack (totaling +2 attack)
-less than 75% of your Hp(6) gains if +1 attack (Taking +3 total attack if your hp is completely low max)
It would be a passive ability of the berserker that matches a great deal with the unit.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
b2198

Re: Berserker frenzy

Post by b2198 »

If you mean a passive ability on top of his active ability, then the active would need a nerf to make sure they don't run out of control.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Technically not possible to activate ability when hp drops below some value (unless that value is 0).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:59 am Technically not possible to activate ability when hp drops below some value (unless that value is 0).
What a pity, I imagine that making a type of programming for this ability to work must be very difficult to do, but if instead of the HP is below a specific percentage of HP, the berserker would have a 25% chance of gains +1 attack for every hit he does (only in his fury mode would it be active and stackable) so would it be possible to implement?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Morningwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:59 am Technically not possible to activate ability when hp drops below some value (unless that value is 0).
What a pity, I imagine that making a type of programming for this ability to work must be very difficult to do, but if instead of the HP is below a specific percentage of HP, the berserker would have a 25% chance of gains +1 attack for every hit he does (only in his fury mode would it be active and stackable) so would it be possible to implement?
It's technically possible (ON_DAMAGED trigger), but so OP, that I cannot imagine how weak for cost unit should originally be to add it such ability.
Even for some unique map only units such ability would make them unusable on any map, that has any healing source.
And especially if player could use some buffing units - manipulating AI to attack this unit would easily create a monster.
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Endru1241 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:21 pm
Morningwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm
It's technically possible (ON_DAMAGED trigger), but so OP, that I cannot imagine how weak for cost unit should originally be to add it such ability.
Even for some unique map only units such ability would make them unusable on any map, that has any healing source.
And especially if player could use some buffing units - manipulating AI to attack this unit would easily create a monster.
On_damaged trigger activates differently — even from 1 damage taken, not when hp drops below certain amount.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 pm
Endru1241 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:21 pm
Morningwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm What a pity, I imagine that making a type of programming for this ability to work must be very difficult to do, but if instead of the HP is below a specific percentage of HP, the berserker would have a 25% chance of gains +1 attack for every hit he does (only in his fury mode would it be active and stackable) so would it be possible to implement?
On_damaged trigger activates differently — even from 1 damage taken, not when hp drops below certain amount.
Yup. Exactly. No matter the amount - just each time units gets damaged.
That's pretty much what he wrote after "instead".

Sorry I haven't removed quoting you.

Thinking about it I may have skipped mentioning, that I don't like chances, so by being OP I have thought about plain +1 each attack.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

What if on-hit he will get a temporary non-stackable effect instead?
Each hit will just refresh that effect and that's it.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 pm What if on-hit he will get a temporary non-stackable effect instead?
That could work.
Sufficiently short effect could work even with stacking.
But none of it is needed for berserks.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:19 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 pm What if on-hit he will get a temporary non-stackable effect instead?
That could work.
What other unit could have this passive ability?, the berserker looks perfect but as he is being rebalanced he would be too strong,some japan or slavic units can have?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:13 pm
Endru1241 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:19 pm
That could work.
What other unit could have this passive ability?, the berserker looks perfect but as he is being rebalanced he would be too strong,some japan or slavic units can have?
Hmm.
There is quite good Barbarian image made by Badnorth.
And ability like could work for primitives with their low defences.

Return to “Unit balancing”