version 1.116

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.116

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.115 is published
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version 1.116

Post by Stratego (dev) »

In code i made SPEEDUPs (on my device from 45sec down to 19 sec)
- a CACHE of unit definitions
- sounds only loaded on demand - so not on game load.

IMPORTANT!!
- please measure launch time of AOF BEFORE INSTALLING THIS version (kill from memory before measuring)
- also this cache can result in many errors, if i forgot to handle some properties - so any property of a unit can be missing - naturally i have not seen any missing ones, but there are too many units to test alone.

my suggestion for testing is simply playing a few turns, and also trying the "uncommon" features that only a few unit has if they work or not. (eg. i have not checked RndProd settings, and dodge settings, and terrain modification on unit, also terrain-speed dependancy and so on)

so in this version we need some extensive testing, also please feedback here indicating what have u checked, so we see how many can be covered.

also @Endru1241 : in this dev version modding of unit json will not affect the game unless you temporarily rename the json file (eg. prefix it with v1_*), but before sending me the pack please rename back to original name.
This will not be always like this, this kind of caching (that kills modding with same filename) will only be used on production builds - this DEV version is only for testing that)

also in this megapack Endru made these:
New multiplayer map:Forbidden land the bridge
New campaign maps:in Power Creep campaign
Fix:Aura overlapping problems are fixed
New units:
Miner - special builder capable of constructing various groundworks, including mines (right now only mines).
Mine - produces carts filled with various minerals, precious metals and gems
Mining carts produced by mine can be used for buffing worker mend (mineral), pay mercenaries (all others) and speed production (all, but salt and mineral):

Priory - small monastery building, which can train monks an call crusades
Monastery - Religious mega building. It can train monks, religious orders units, crusade leaders, call crusades.
Monk - basic cheap healer. Cannot convert!
Calling Crusade - trains random unit among Crusade Archer (armored archer) , Crusade Crossbowman (heavy crossbowman) , Crusade Warrior (medium infantry) , Crusade Elite Warrior (heavy infantry) , Crusade Spearman(swordsman-spearman mix) , Crusade Halbeldier (better swordsman-spearman mix) , Crusade Cavalry (weaker knight) and Crusade Knight (stronger knight)

Crusade Leader - mounted knight healer with aura affecting all crusaders
Mounted Teuton Knight - Mounted version of Teutonic Knight. Is quite resilent and converts enemies.
Teuton Lancer - Teutonic knight capable of dealing with other mounted units. Is quite resilent and converts enemies.
Teuton Komtur - Leader among teutonic brothers. Has aura affecting all religious units. Also converts.
New techs:
Herbalism - Increases heal rate of all healers and healing buildings.
Medicine - Increases heal rate of all healers and buildings. It allows all buildings to heal!
Unit Changes:
Laborers can build rowboats.
Hospitaller heal 6->9, Hospitaller Elite heal 9->14.
Genoese Crossbowman power 12->10.
Pavaise Crossbowman (in deployed state) power 12->10.
Teuton power 15->12 .
Hospitaller range 5->6, armor 1/1->2/1. Stats after upgrade are the same .
Elite Mounted Templar Knight heal rate 5->7.
Heavy crossbow units (Hospitaller, Elite Hospitaller, Genoese Crossbowman, Pavaise Crossbowman, Crusader Crossbowman) gets additional +40% damage bonus vs Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry .

Bug Fix:
Atl-atl thrower were lacking dmg bonuse +25% vs mounted.
Astronomy, Navigation, Tatoos and War Paint didn't give proper bonuses.
To Heavy Trebuchet tech was lacking ballistics requirement.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Loading time ~10s. Unfortunately I already installed and opened app before reading this. From what I recall previous loading time was around 20s, maybe few seconds longer. I think I measured it good few updates ago and it was 21s.

If I may suggest something - maybe don't turn off cached preloading for modded app completely. It can be made like: loading modded assets sets 1 value - date of loading and caches data, then on later loadings cached data is retrieved and files are checked for 1 attribute only - modification time, if newer, than last caching date, then single file has it's cached data changed. Clicking on Modded Directory would reset(remove) date.
This way only file headers would have to be read instead of whole files (not even talking about processing them).
Depending on targeted level of precision - date of loading can be global or file-tied.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes i planned to check date not only for modding but always (so if we change a few jsons no problem that few is not cached) but guess what! i trew my mind! I can not read asset file attributes! I could not believe but i can not...

so my only options were
- (bit slowing) loading the asset file without parsing, and comparing raw text size (an implemented option already) - i could check hash but i dunno how slow is that
- (fastest) without even loading assets, only checking in cache by filename, if eists in cace than i use that (current uploaded mode)

and there is an idea i have not checked:
- if i zip all jsons in a directory into a zip file, than i can by-pass the asset-not-have-date problem, and from zip i can read the date.
- but drawback for me is i will always forget to zip the ssets before publish :) (so when i will realize it is not zipped - so no cache used - i will have to restart the build doubling my time) lol
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

The to-be published version is uos 20.
(with some bugfixes on how "unit highlightin" works - showing the possible move positions.ű
please check.

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”