ADD UNIT EXP! Making Battles Rewarding For Units

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
SerJohn

ADD UNIT EXP! Making Battles Rewarding For Units

Post by SerJohn »

:D Hello i just wanted to propose a simple idea; I find that adding unit veterancy would be so much fun espescially as a reward for using that unit well and having it survive. Plus I personally bond with units that have survived and gradually gain exp. (maybe bc it would feel more rpg like) Maybe every echelon they get +1 in something their strong in. Like archers get +1 range or +1 attack or defenders get +1 pierce defence or even towers as they rack up kills they get +1 range and attack. See what I mean? It will feel rewarding and just for units that do a good job clearing the map in your name. Thanks for reading. Let me know if anyone agrees this would be a nice suggestion.

PS: Adding recruitable heroes with the ability to name them in random maps would be badass. Also perhaps giving soldiers names. Just secondary ideas of mine but it be cool. Oh and bigger random maps! Alright I'll stop.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: ADD UNIT EXP! Making Battles Rewarding For Units

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

See veteraning power in Age of Fantasy
The glorious sun rises again
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Definately no for any bonuses becide attack and even for attack i think it is too much as well.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:56 am Definately no for any bonuses becide attack and even for attack i think it is too much as well.
Agree this is not the xp gain lvl game.
And this stat change thing for evbdy could cause crazy stats and a mess in fragile balance

(Ps-somting for eligible leader units was suggested.)
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside

Return to “Unit balancing”