Obsidian Weapons IMPLEMENTED

Sombrar +1

Obsidian Weapons IMPLEMENTED

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good morning, I would like to post here an idea that I had for a technology for primitive people, basically it is related to weapons made from obsidian stones that some civilizations primitives used.

The technology is based on the fact that although obsidian stones were used as weapons and were very sharp, causing a lot of damage to enemies, they also ended up shattering on impact because they are a little fragile, so pieces of obsidian ended up remaining in wounds and injuries, making healing and treatment difficult to recover from that injury, so considering this, primitive units that use weapons with obsidian should have an effect that when they cause damage to a unit it reduces the unit's healing rate.
tech_obsidian_fragments.png
tech_obsidian_fragments.png (1.84 KiB) Viewed 326 times
tech_obsidian_shards.png
tech_obsidian_shards.png (204 Bytes) Viewed 326 times
Therefore, the technology should cost 3~4 turns in the primitive hut, affecting only the primitive infantry perhaps? And the effect is that it would decrease the healing rate of the unit hit by 10~20%, lasting from 3~4 turns, the effect is cumulative and cannot be removed by healing.

I know it doesn't make much sense that it works through a technology that has to be researched but it was an idea that I thought might work.
Last edited by Sombrar +1 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirPat

Re: Obsidian Weapons

Post by SirPat »

Interesting idea and great sprites :lol: I actually like this. It makes them more lethal while being a subtle change
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Thanks for the compliment, it's the first image I've been able to make that's acceptable and yes, in a way it's a subtle change, I thought it was better than giving something like bleeding by taking a certain amount of life per turn.

Furthermore, it is a good way to make primitives more harmful, making it increasingly difficult for a unit to heal the more it is affected by the effect, so the opponent has to be careful when doing so. Try to keep a unit on the front line fighting against primitive units since if it accumulates too much of the effect it will almost not heal itself, making it easier for primitives to eliminate units without needing to gives an attack buff. Maybe the effect doesn't work on heavy armor or heavy infantry and heavy cavalry type units?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also since they r using obsidian weapon wat if they also get an ignore armor + 1 dmg, which could also b upgraded by tech, 2 techs giving +2 dmg in the end, only affecting melee units with a new category called obsidian weapons, so not all primitive, i think clubman, swordsman, and spearman will get it

That would make it easier to kill high armored units along with killing and getting buffs from them
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:12 am Also since they r using obsidian weapon wat if they also get an ignore armor + 1 dmg, which could also b upgraded by tech, 2 techs giving +2 dmg in the end, only affecting melee units with a new category called obsidian weapons, so not all primitive, i think clubman, swordsman, and spearman will get it

That would make it easier to kill high armored units along with killing and getting buffs from them
There is no way to upgrade weapon effect unfortunately.
It can be granted by tech, but not removed or changed.
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:39 pm Good morning, I would like to post here an idea that I had for a technology for primitive people, basically it is related to weapons made from obsidian stones that some civilizations primitives used.

The technology is based on the fact that although obsidian stones were used as weapons and were very sharp, causing a lot of damage to enemies, they also ended up shattering on impact because they are a little fragile, so pieces of obsidian ended up remaining in wounds and injuries, making healing and treatment difficult to recover from that injury, so considering this, primitive units that use weapons with obsidian should have an effect that when they cause damage to a unit it reduces the unit's healing rate.

tech_obsidian_shards.png

Therefore, the technology should cost 3~4 turns in the primitive hut, affecting only the primitive infantry perhaps? And the effect is that it would decrease the healing rate of the unit hit by 10~20%, lasting from 3~4 turns, the effect is cumulative and cannot be removed by healing.

I know it doesn't make much sense that it works through a technology that has to be researched but it was an idea that I thought might work.
Very interesting idea.
Fresh.

So the description of the tech would be, that they start to intentionally select more fragile pieces of obidian to shatter?
Age of Strategy design leader
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:26 am
Sombrar +1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:39 pm Good morning, I would like to post here an idea that I had for a technology for primitive people, basically it is related to weapons made from obsidian stones that some civilizations primitives used.

tech_obsidian_shards.png

Very interesting idea.
Fresh.

So the description of the tech would be, that they start to intentionally select more fragile pieces of obidian to shatter?
In a way, yes, although I thought it was better that the primitive units already had this effect because at first I didn't see it as something that would fit as a technology but I just wanted to post it to see if it was useful, then, basically, we can consider that with the advances of battles and observations of the primitives in relation to obsidian stones, they began to make these stones in ways more specific so that while they are still very sharp, when they shatter, they end up leaving more fragments in the enemies' wounds, which is why it should not be removed by healing making the treatment of these injuries difficult.

This makes sense if we consider that obsidian is like volcanic glass that, despite being incredibly sharp, does not withstand many impacts, so it would normally occur in units that use these Stones on weapons have to be replaced constantly after a battle due to wear and tear.

Return to “Techs”