Shielder line vs enforcer armor type difference IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
b2198

Shielder line vs enforcer armor type difference IMPLEMENTED

Post by b2198 »

Not sure if that's intentional, so I'm posting it here.

Basically, shielder, defender and guardian are categorized as [Heavy Infantry][Medium Armored] (among others), while enforcer, which is their mercenary counterpart, is categorized as [Heavy Infantry][Heavy Armored], which creates some differences on which units to use against each of them, even though they have the same exact stats and bonuses when both are fully upgraded (with the only other difference being that enforcers are mercenaries and guardians aren't), and I think that might be very unintuitive, so I think making either both [Medium Armored] or both [Heavy Armored](which I think makes more sense) would improve their consistency.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Re: Shielder line vs enforcer armor type difference

Post by Endru1241 »

Very little thing, but changed enforcer category to medium armored.
Heavy armored is supposed to represent heavy reliance on armor itself, like various knights.
Shielder line is common infantry trained to act as heavy infantry (good organisation, tight formation, protecting each other with shield wall or variant of that), but as mainly commoners - not so many would have good armor.

When assigning those - I searched for units starting with quite high melee armor for their hp and tier.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Re: Shielder line vs enforcer armor type difference IMPLEMENTED

Post by b2198 »

I see, nice.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Unit balancing”