PRI#5 Woodshaper - builder CLOSED_NO_NEED

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

PRI#5 Woodshaper - builder CLOSED_NO_NEED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Woodshaper should not help construct buildings - only heal(repair). With his help elves can build megabuildings too fast.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: PRI#5 Woodshaper - builder

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makaw:
Woodshaper:
This issue is fine for now but during buildings update it will be fixed.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here too we need the quick solution suggestion, not the future ones
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

One must know that they Dev don't make for Elf any reliable tower defense except for their mega. Sure Elf has Outpost and Parapet, yet both are merely sitting place and healing spot. Wolf Den, on the other hand, may act as tower likely but incomparable to any definition of tower like other races have, mainly that grand hp and steady range.

And after done making mega, Woodshapper's usefulness for Elf defence department decrease. Sure they have Barkskin (only 4/4 armor for at least 3 turn, see how much Troll Shaman do to Ork for such a 4 turn unit!), good healing for building and Ent, making emergency bridge, and transform to Ent themself.

In sum, only mega that Elf have for tower purpose and it's not like one can build ten mega in a game! So stop nerfing Elf like they are OP race at all for hiding Ork's imbalance stats.

Thanks.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I don't think it's needed for now.

Defense as elf is hard.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:22 pm One must know that they Dev don't make for Elf any reliable tower defense except for their mega. Sure Elf has Outpost and Parapet, yet both are merely sitting place and healing spot. Wolf Den, on the other hand, may act as tower likely but incomparable to any definition of tower like other races have, mainly that grand hp and steady range.

And after done making mega, Woodshapper's usefulness for Elf defence department decrease. Sure they have Barkskin (only 4/4 armor for at least 3 turn, see how much Troll Shaman do to Ork for such a 4 turn unit!), good healing for building and Ent, making emergency bridge, and transform to Ent themself.

In sum, only mega that Elf have for tower purpose and it's not like one can build ten mega in a game! So stop nerfing Elf like they are OP race at all for hiding Ork's imbalance stats.

Thanks.
DreJaDe wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:08 pm I don't think it's needed for now.

Defense as elf is hard.
Exactly why elves right now do not need this change.
During buildings update, when their towers will become more sturdy, they will get more walls and towers and so on, this will not be required anymore.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please in these topics dont talk about any "future" big rework, only quick solutions if needed for current balance (not future balance).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I am saying that right now no changes are required.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok that is your opinion,
also others please let us know what you think.
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

Tbh elf meaga or building are never a problem.enen through wood shaper can speed up the production that elf will mega will not become a problem even for undead.As elf mega deals pretty little damage and elf mega can not produce too broken unit as well so we can leave as it it.
Vladneral

Post by Vladneral »

Well that not big problem for me also.

But here could be abuse like if you have 5 woodshapers you can build mega instantly from distance just need one elf worker to start it.
Elven mega the most cheap mega even without woodshaper use and can be placed on forest tiles.

And about woodshaper himself: i have proposed increase armor given from him with spell power techs like: 4/6/8/10 or 4/5/6/7 i guess second is better for elves.
Also even without builder role woodshaper still one of the best casters because of slow -20 spell - that can stop every orc with any speed buffs.
He is the best tank for early game - before elves get ents.
And also great ent healer when elves get them.

Guess i have nothing more to add - after all i said before post all this issues all together - that i am fine with all of them just i find that slightly unbalanced.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Vladneral wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:31 am Well that not big problem for me also.

But here could be abuse like if you have 5 woodshapers you can build mega instantly from distance just need one elf worker to start it.
Elven mega the most cheap mega even without woodshaper use and can be placed on forest tiles.

And about woodshaper himself: i have proposed increase armor given from him with spell power techs like: 4/6/8/10 or 4/5/6/7 i guess second is better for elves.
Also even without builder role woodshaper still one of the best casters because of slow -20 spell - that can stop every orc with any speed buffs.

Guess i have nothing more to add - after all i said before post all this issues all together - that i am fine with all of them just i find that slightly unbalanced.
I don't know about now but when you say 5 wood shaper. Doesn't that look quite the late game? I mean, that seems to be quite pricy. 30 turn worth of units is still a lot. That doesn't seem to look OP. All to more that you can destroy the mega quite easily.

Even if you put it as a quick advance mega, it's still would just be an instant 3 hit tower. Kinda useless when you can use your wood shaper for so much mode ways..
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Vladneral wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:31 am Well that not big problem for me also.

Armor spell for woodshaper will be updated during magic update. It is supposed to give less armor than troll skin though thus probably we will change it to 3/4/5/6 armor (especially because elves will get 2 other spells to buff specific armor types).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, than i close this thread with : BALANCE_ISSUE_NOT_CONFIRMED

maybe with shorter: CLOSED_NO_NEED

Return to “Closed ones”