First strike lancer sarissaporoi

Phantomstriker

First strike lancer sarissaporoi

Post by Phantomstriker »

I have only the idea a cavalry armed with long pikes i see this in the movie crusade and other cavalry used this weapons i think in a five turns unit
Last edited by Phantomstriker on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
Morningwarrior

Re: Long pike cavalry

Post by Morningwarrior »

Hmmmmm,something like that
Hp:18
Atk:4
Spd:5
Def:1/1
Act:1
Cost:3
Rng:2
Hp bonus:1.0
Bonuses:
150% vs light cavalry
300% vs medium cavalry
400% vs slow heavy cavalry
700% vs heavy cavalry
1000% vs elephant
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:36 am Hmmmmm,something like that
Hp:18
Atk:4
Spd:5
Def:1/1
Act:1
Cost:3
Rng:2
Hp bonus:1.0
Bonuses:
150% vs light cavalry
300% vs medium cavalry
400% vs slow heavy cavalry
700% vs heavy cavalry
1000% vs elephant
Yeah its good
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Shouldn't cost 3 turns. Should be either 5 or 4..
stats can be like an elite hussar. Dunno.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:45 am Shouldn't cost 3 turns. Should be either 5 or 4..
Elite hussar is more of normal damage, I think this guy wants the lancer version of that.

Yeah, I would like a 4 turn cause this simply changes the meta if it's a 3 turn.

Maybe remove the the melee armor then change the cost to 4. That should do it for a 4 turn one if it will want to be a standard version like how spearman and pikemen.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:58 am
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:45 am Shouldn't cost 3 turns. Should be either 5 or 4..
Elite hussar is more of normal damage, I think this guy wants the lancer version of that.

Yeah, I would like a 4 turn cause this simply changes the meta if it's a 3 turn.

Maybe remove the the melee armor then change the cost to 4. That should do it for a 4 turn one if it will want to be a standard version like how spearman and pikemen.
the thesis of not having melee armor quite good, but, 4 shifts I think a lot, for a unit that causes such little damage, his only advantage of having 2 range, the other Stats are very weak.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Hp changed to 16.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Morningwarrior wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:30 pm

the thesis of not having melee armor quite good, but, 4 shifts I think a lot, for a unit that causes such little damage, his only advantage of having 2 range, the other Stats are very weak.
It may have a miniscule damage but it could reach like a 6 speed unit. It's almost between a hussar and a light cav so I think a 4 turn is nice.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 pm
Morningwarrior wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:30 pm

It may have a miniscule damage but it could reach like a 6 speed unit. It's almost between a hussar and a light cav so I think a 4 turn is nice.
they are right
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

this could fit as the sarissophoroi
a greek cav unit armed with a sarissa
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Find me one historical example of really long weapons used by cavalry. Apart of winged hussars of course.
Pikes had 5 or 6 meters!
They were heavy.
They couldn't be used by cavalry.
Pike units 2 range represents this advantage of greater range - over double vs knights with lances.

Winged hussar units started to employ their unique lance only after long research by Kingdom of Poland. These lances were the peak of technology of that time and nobody else new how to make them. They were longer, than longest pikes!
Swiss, german mercenaries refused to go into battle if polish Husaria was on the field (there is numerous employment contracts found that precisely states, that they could leave battle in such occurrence without consequences).
Most logical conclusion is that they couldn't employ pike tactic properly, because they were outranged.
The 2 range on this unit represents this.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 pm Find me one historical example of really long weapons used by cavalry. Apart of winged hussars of course.
Pikes had 5 or 6 meters!
They were heavy.
Pike units 2 range represents this advantage of greater range - over double vs knights with lances.

Winged hussar units started to employ their unique lance only after long research by Kingdom of Poland. These lances were the peak of technology of that time and nobody else new how to make them. They were longer, than longest pikes!
Swiss, german mercenaries refused to go into battle if polish Husaria was on the field (there is numerous employment contracts found that precisely states, that they could leave battle in such occurrence without consequences).
Most logical conclusion is that they couldn't employ pike tactic properly, because they were outranged.
So,this is a objection?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Yes.
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:57 amYes.
And an scout armed with lances
1 range and 6 speed
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Endru1241 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 pm Find me one historical example of really long weapons used by cavalry. Apart of winged hussars of course.
Pikes had 5 or 6 meters!
They were heavy.

after a long research im descover this macedonia cavalry sarisophoroi have sarissa of the cavalry that have the same dimensions of the sarissa used by infantry this cavalry not used shield
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Phantomstriker wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:11 am after a long research im descover this macedonia cavalry sarisophoroi have sarissa of the cavalry that have the same dimensions of the sarissa used by infantry this cavalry not used shield
In book Warhorse: Cavalry in Ancient Warfare, author Phil Sidnell concludes basing it on solid research, that cavalry sarissa couldn't have more than 12 feet (4 meters) and even then because of the handling, range would be 8-9 feet at most. While it could be seen as impressive in Alexander times - it's nowhere near discussed pike, having over 5m of reach.
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:05 am
Phantomstriker wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:11 am after a long research im descover this macedonia cavalry sarisophoroi have sarissa of the cavalry that have the same dimensions of the sarissa used by infantry this cavalry not used shield
In book Warhorse: Cavalry in Ancient Warfare, author Phil Sidnell concludes basing it on solid research, that cavalry sarissa couldn't have more than 12 feet (4 meters) and even then because of the handling, range would be 8-9 feet at most. While it could be seen as impressive in Alexander times - it's nowhere near discussed pike, having over 5m of reach.
interesing you win the discussion
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:05 am
Woah a lot of research. Wanna give a hand i our space crew.😋🛸🚀🪐☄🌠🌌.
You truly worth as a moderator honestly. My salute👮‍♂️
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

And a first strike lancer sarissaporoi post renamed

Return to “Unit - mounted”