Stalemate option

Nsyion

Stalemate option

Post by Nsyion »

While uncommon, games will sometimes go on for 20+ turns with no side being able to make headway. For this, I'd like to propose (Here since there's no "general suggestion" subform) the option to propose a draw.

Every player has to accept it of course, ideally without having to wait for their turn to vote, be it FFA or 1v1 or teams. This would refund gems for bet games, and neither give a win or lose on leaderboard.
Midonik

Re: Stalemate option

Post by Midonik »

I don't think 20+ is a lot of turn lol.

I guess it can come in handy. Actually mainly for the games that get broken by updates.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think it could be useful something like that, but maybe the game creator might set the amount of turns needed for the stalemate.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Maybe 30 - 60 - 90 - 120 ?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Nsyion

Post by Nsyion »

I know turn limits already exist, at which point player with most score wins.
However sometimes, such as my current game one will reach a point where neither side can really advance, and when both have 100+ units it just feels *slow*. It's not expected, so no turn limit was set in the first place. It'd be an option one can suggest mid-fight be it turn 1 or 100.
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

This tends to happen especially on maps where you have a small front, but a long, long supply line. it can be very time consuming to manage all those logistics while there is not a lot of actual fighting.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)

Return to “Archived - Other”