Upgraded buildings balance

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
SirPat

Upgraded buildings balance

Post by SirPat »

cause why not? I can see a tower there and since they have archers, then why not make them affected by tower manning
Last edited by SirPat on Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Badnorth

Re: Upgraded archer building can be affected by tower manning tech

Post by Badnorth »

all upgraded factories could have a tower where they shoot arrows.
The upgraded factories are underused.
In multiplayer I haven't seen any player with an upgraded factory.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

yeah and besides the only use of the upgrade is for more health and map editor use

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

The issue here is - tower manning is an upgrade tech - it replaces one unit with another.
Adding an attack is viable balance proposition, but it cannot be easily done by this tech.
Also - that would actually create disproportion between upgraded factories.

We can just change topic name for upgraded buildings balance and think about more wide solution.
Age of Strategy design leader
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

oh I forgot that its a unit upgrade hehe my bad.
Yeah Ill change the name now
the only building upgrades I use are Castle to High castle, tower maning, and Cathedral because they have other buffs like damage and range, heal range, and treb ability and the factory upgrades arent used at all so we should give it buffs that will make the player to need to invent these and also we would need to increase cost by abou 1-3 turns

Badnorth

Re: Upgraded buildings balance

Post by Badnorth »

How about making them a bit healthier? and if they aren't changed to Fortified buildings Categories then change their categories to Fortified buildings (idk because I don't use those upgrades). If that works then they shouldn't be destroyed easily then giving it balance by fortifications category and another way is giving archer barracks and other buildings with platforms e.g Fortified barracks an active ability when upgraded to Fortified verversion they can shoot arrows with a damage of 4 or 5 then stables and docks that don't have the platforms an archer could occupy they can have more health or so.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

maybe make units inside F.barracks able to attack and F.barracks have an aura like fortified TC giving 2 armor to units inside representing ranged units having a dificulty damaging units garrrisoned and units inside archer place can attack and will have +1 armor, +1 dmg, and +1 sight making this building to like an outpost but have a training ground and units inside stables would have +2 armor aswell and
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:27 pm How about making them a bit healthier? and if they aren't changed to Fortified buildings Categories then change their categories to Fortified buildings (idk because I don't use those upgrades). If that works then they shouldn't be destroyed easily then giving it balance by fortifications category and another way is giving archer barracks and other buildings with platforms e.g Fortified barracks an active ability when upgraded to Fortified verversion they can shoot arrows with a damage of 4 or 5 then stables and docks that don't have the platforms an archer could occupy they can have more health or so.
i like this idea

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Giving armor is almost useless, as it's the building, that gets most damage (all apart of counters).
Barracks and archery already provides ability to shoot from inside.
Upgraded factories already have 2x hp of basic ones.
With both techs increasing builings hp - it's 90hp.
To make them fortified category - there would need to be +50% hp boost and additional armor, which would make them equivalent to gate in defence.

It cannot be forgotten, that all of upgraded factories gets heal (siege and docks - mend instead).
Age of Strategy design leader
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I didnt knew those stuff mend

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Erm... Cathedral and siege factory you cannot fight from...

And will the culture buildings get fortifications or at least the ability to fight from them? Or will they get no love?
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Idk maybe

And I was thinking of making factories to be:
Units garrisoned able to attack
And give garrisoned units armor so when they fought someone they'll receive less dmg. And maybe other stuff in the future

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

SirPat wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:18 pm Idk maybe

And I was thinking of making factories to be:
Units garrisoned able to attack
And give garrisoned units armor so when they fought someone they'll receive less dmg. And maybe other stuff in the future
Fortified factories except for cathedral I think can have their units attack while inside without takin damage. I tested it on a map.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

ohhhh nice nice lets just ahhh idk anymore Ill think of Somthing

Return to “Unit balancing”