The ancients

noaharts

The ancients

Post by noaharts »

There known to be the first race to be brought in the universe they thought that there the ones to keep balance to the of the universe . They are tall blue skinned humanoid being and having extra limbs around the chest with runic markers on there forehead sysmbolizing there faith.they are strong ,agile and intelligent beings but there dependent on there Creator. They are a religions and lawful race they judge other species that brought harm to the universe. There technology is are far superior too other aliens race but takes to much time to build its quality over quantity. using there specialized warpgates too travel space and time gathering knowlodge of every other races watching them and judging them. Using small size stargate they can travel faster in any terrian and the ability to convert energy into weapons they can execute there enemies with ease. There race is consent of 3 houses the clerics, the templars and the watchers.
Clerics are the engineers that mass produce there weapons and structures.
Templars are the soldiers that brings war and peace.
Watchers there the judge ,the jury and the executioners that gives orders to the templar too smite there enemies.

Basically they have strong defence armor type units but exspensive too make.
There specialazed at hard push and warp jumping to other areas via stargates.
There weapons for infantry units are mostly made of metal to energy swords and metal to energy bows. Medieval era types. And there units name are religions types like for example
Cleric=engineers
Evangalist=light cavalry
Seekers= Scouts
followers=basic infantry
templars = elite infantry with energy sword and shield
Messaih = has duel weild blades and agile until
Paladins= that has full heavy armor plated while holding a gantling gun slow but powerful
priest=archers
Monks=anti tank infantry weilding beam like cannons
Crusader = meduim tank
Apostle = meduim that has energy beams and more armored
Giant tripod type mech = Cyclops
Barracks=holy grounds
Factory= Gospel
Airforce = Stareway
Stargate= teleports units in targeted range
Research Center = Church

I hope i can help a bit its just my idea thanks for reading
Design leader of age of alder
And helping out with age of galaxy team for fun.
Join us on discord https://discord.gg/r8u7wmj
Midonik

Re: The ancients

Post by Midonik »

Hmm... You see, the problem is we already have 5 races planed (actually I definitely want a robot focused race as well what makes it 6) and I don't want to add any more whole another races. That's not the only problem tho:

The religious style is waaay to similar to the avians concept - I think we should just use your religious ideas for them. However only that "lore" and naming, as the gameplay mechanics will not fit at all. Also the warp mechanics will be hard to make atm.

Yea the problem with the gameplay mechanics is that I don't like how medival centered they are, I know they are religious but do I see an cavarly unit? Definitely should be some sort of a vehicle. Also you might not know, but the ranges in this game are like in AoWw - a single tile is actually huuge, and most units (like rafile infantry and tanks) have 1 range - the way melee units work is a little wierd because of that, and you suggested quite a few I think... Too much reference to the Earth's medival and religion isn't too good as well - I don't like the templars name, for example, and definitely not crusader!

So yeah, some ideas could fit into the avain race, try to read about them and adpat this to them.

I definitely appreciate your help and ideas, please don't think that the fact I'm discarding your ideas means otherwise. I'm trying to find an use for them, and I do realize you it's hard to make good suggestion when you don't know all the plans and concepts. About that, you definitely should read the topics in introduction, especially the "must read" topic there. Some stuff is slightly outdated but still it will give you some insight about how the game is supposed to be. Also you should definitely get yourself a Dev version - just pm me your email on forum and I will sent you it there. I also suggest you join the Discord server for Ao-games - some of the discussion is taking place there, since it's more convenient. The link should be in off topics.

Btw, this race is an reference to the Eldars from Warhammer 40K, right?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
noaharts

Post by noaharts »

1. I apologies that i havent read the rules and that the races have limit
2 . Its okay i can handle any opinions if is right or wrong just wanted to show my ideas cause i love this game concept
3. It thought that too that it is a aow type but idk how fix or balancing units just like i said i have a massive idea fart
4. Ooopps sorry ur answer its far i got the idea from starcraft the protoss race i just made barracks stargate idea
noaharts

Post by noaharts »

Wow okay so where can i give you my email?
I love too try the dev version
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I will sent you a pm with my email, it will be faster this way I guess.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Factions”