Story of a Ruined City

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
General Brave

Re: Story of a Ruined City

Post by General Brave »

Hopefully you make it there before his meet you.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I still haven't got the maximum factories. I may have to start multiple buildings if I do manage to capture this TC.
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Why do you barely have any Factory?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I believe I was focused on fortifications and amassing territory.
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Let's see what happens, I'm pretty sure he has a Death Knight or 2.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

General Brave wrote:Hopefully you make it there before his meet you.
Too late. :D
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"It seems that the Orcs plans to take the northern town has failed." Lieutenant Cleared said. "Maybe we should make our move now?"

"You can't be serious!" opposed Elizabeth. "The treaty still stands, we won't be the ones who to break it."

"But it's a perfect opportunity," Cleared argued. "The orcs and the undead are busy fighting each other, most of their armies are in the old noble quarter. It's a perfect time to attack the undead, being so close and all."

"General don't listen to this lunatic, the only reason why he is a lieutenant it because his family are close allies to the crown." Explain Elizabeth.

Matthew who was sitting in the corner, raise his hand. "Sir, can I express my thoughts on this?" He asked.

"Permission granted." Brave answered.

"Can we simply just wait, until one of them turns their back on us. Can we just build up our presence in the city."

"Go on."

"Just let them fight It out, hopefully they exhaust there armys."
Sunrise Samurai

Sunrise Samurai dons the illusion again. This time entering​ the throne room, now taken over by Puss. He arrives just in time to see the cat.... cleaning?

Clearing his throat, he decides to speak. "Ahem. Sorry to interrupt your bath, but I'd like a word?"

"Well, what do you want? If you don't mind, I'll continue my bath. Your illusion​ isn't worth my time. My fur must be clean.....blch...hachh....pfhutt..... sorry. Hairball​."

"Might be easier if you had a brush you know. Your old brush might be a little small, but it should be in the secret compartment of the Commanding General's office. Probably has two thousand years of dust to wash since you last used it though, but dark elvish workmanship doesn't rot."

The cat looks up. "Right. It probably is still there. There's no way the humans found...... wait. How did you know that?"

"Because I put it there, that day they took you away and made you into this. The general loved having a cat around to catch the mice, but it was the general's errand boy who took care of the cat. When you caught that circulatory disease, I was the one who made your first boots too, but you might not remember that. Then he gave you to the necromancologists for a 'cure' because he couldn't have a sick cat" :cry:

"All I remember is the experiments. The pain. Then the fights. I broke free, and found the human tribes. Together we made those elves pay."

"Yes" Sunrise Samurai hung his head. "You rid the world of a great evil in those days. That was a dark chapter in the history of my people. This is where they invented necromancy, finding life in the disease and fungus growing in dead things. Balance they called it, but they began to prefer death over life. You, with the humans, removed them. But, do you remember what the humans did next?"

"They made me their king, of course. Wait. Was I? They betrayed me. I was king of the arena. Just like the elves. No different."

"These humans are the same tribe you drove out of here six hundred years ago, and they want to do exactly what their ancestors did. Do you want to let them?"

With that the illusion faded.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I wonder how it will end.
Sunrise Samurai

With one winner and two escapees, of course. Hey, you had to know I wasn't just here for no reason. Your Homeland, our birthplace. Who has more right to be here? I think we all do.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

A grand plan will soon be acted upon. I wonder who will trigger it.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Sir, what I gather from the report. It seems to me that we are outnumber." Lieutenant Cleared said as handed the paper to Brave. "Our only hope is to fortified this sector of the city and hopefully the undead or the orcs won't began their attack." A man enter the tent interrupting the briefing, he is wearing steel plates and carried a longsword around his waist.

Sir Canary approach the table and salute to the general. "Nice to see you again General."

"Canary," Brave said. It was good to see old faces. "It's been awhile since I last saw you, I hope that arm of yours has healed up."

"Worry not, the mages has healed it well and may have made it better," the knight proudly declare.

"And what about your squire, has he been behaving well?"

"Yes, he's currently tendering our horses."

"That is good to hear, that will keep him away from anything that is flammable. I do remember the last time." Brave then pulled out a glass of water from under his desk. "I'm sure you are thirsty from your travels and I know you don't like drinking wine."

"Thank you, we have much to discuss about."
Sunrise Samurai

Only a moment later the stable begins the smoke, then burst into flames. "Already!" General glared at Canary, who just hung his head. The lieutenant, however, was unaccustomed to the....explosive.... capabilities of this squire.

"We're under attack! To arms!" The whole camp sprung to life, gathering weapons and mounting horses from their tents

"The stables!" Elizabeth gasped. "There's no way the men can put out the fire in time. We'll lose half the horse's!"

"Elizabeth, Mathew. Go calm the men down. I'll handle this." The two mages ran out, hands blurring with a spell to project calm as they explained the situation to anyone in charge who could help control the situation before the troops began looking for enemies that weren't there.

General Brave entered a tent full of artifacts. Some identified and catalogued, others in the process of testing and identification. "Let's see. Where is it. Aha!" He found a short staff, about 1 meter long with flowing decorations carved into it. Speaking a few words over it, he walked outside. He turned it on one end, and beads poured through it noisily. Then he turned it over, and it began to glow as he raised it. Within moments the sky was black and rain poured, thick enough you couldn't see more than an arm's length away. Lighting flashed across the sky with deafening booms, and wind rocked the water into high waves.

He walked back into the tent, soaked. "Well, an old rainmaker is definitely useful for putting out fires, but you can thank your squire for a very rainy night Canary. Now. Back to what we were discussing."
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Yes General," Answered Canary. He reached into his pouch and pulled out a scroll. "Here it is, it from the Royal Family." Brave carefully grab the scroll and unfolds it.

Dear General Brave, I, Queen Serenity of the House of Roe. Have a request to ask of you, when my great-great-great-grandmother Queen Willow, fled the Old Capitol. She left something of great importance. I need you to lend some of your men's to search for it, I know it might not be easy since you are in a war zone. But if you do manage to retrieve it, I myself will be in debt to you. Anyways Sir Canary has the instruction to find what I am looking for.

Signed, Queen Serenity.

"It must be mighty important for her to send such request," answered Brave once he was finished.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Who forgot to tie down the Dragon?!"
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

opps, sorry
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:"Who forgot to tie down the Dragon?!"
The green one? I estimate you should have 4-5 more. By the way, mummies and liches make very effective weapons out of them in my favor.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Why would you assume I have more?
Sunrise Samurai

You've had that shaman for a few turns now, and I know you love your green dragons. Been trying to estimate where you're keeping it, and I bet somewhere around here, in one of those towers or tcs where you can use him without notice.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

When do you know I have one? Did I leave Bones around Anyways good luck finding them.
Sunrise Samurai

My spies will soon find it. They found out the existence of the shaman already.

Besides, I don't mind you wasting troops to feed what will soon become my weapons.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Good luck with that, there's your chance.
Sunrise Samurai

A lone goblin wanders into the midst of the undead camp. "Yesss, meat?" A necromancer questions him. "Umm....." The quivering goblin holds out a note in his shaky hands, which is quickly snatched by the nearby flesh golem for the necromancer to read. "Gooood. Now run along my dinner. You are spared. For now." Black fire consumes the note.

In an old house that has been renovated into an office, Sunrise Samurai is holding a conference with an elderly elf. "Once the area is secure, we can move in and lay down the old seals. I doubt the humans know what evil our ancestors buried under the city, but we do. Our own king still stalks beneath us as we speak, ever seeking to claim his throne." "Yes, we cannot allow his escape. But how do you plan to remove the intruders?"

Black fire covers the desk, then fades as the note appears on it. "What's it say?" The old elf asked? A smile appeared on the Samurai's face. "Now" "that's it?" "It's been expected. The humans thought they were being clever and corrupted the mind of a troll shaman a while ago. Since then they have been building a force of green dragons against us." "The cat can't have been happy about that." "He wasn't. Made negotiating much easier. Now we're in agreement that the treacherous humans have to go."

Battle cries of orcs are heard in the northwest, as death knights, flesh golems, and skull throwers break the human fortifications from the east.

"One last touch." The samurai unsheathes his sword and walks outside. Walking to a nearby square, he finds an emblem in the pavement, old and faded. "The failsafe for some of the western defenses that the humans took over. He inserted the sword into the emblem and twisted slowly. Soon, screams could be heard in one of the human castles, and burning arrows rained from it into the causeway holding a catapult over the water.

Again, please announce your spells. I don't think there would be an alliance of any sort right now without someone trying to be secretive about it. I wanted spell usage to be public for others to see.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Great a secret Alliance, anyways I will tell what spell I have use if you tells yours.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds of swords clashing and arrows flying was all that General Brave could hear, he pulled his sword out of his case and aimed it at a skeleton. But before he could kill it a explosion rocked the fortification, causing the skeleton to fall over the wall. As Brave try to make sense what was happening, he heard someone yelled his name. "General!" Brave turn around and saw it was Lieutenant Cleared.
"Sir are you okay?" he asked, looking around the area.
"I'm fine, how are the troops."
"Holding up Sir, it seems we were attacked at both front. Most of fortifications are down and the north wall has fallen,
"And the eastern front?"
"The enemy hits hard, but lost most of their troops in the attack. The only problem is a bunch of bodies are laying around and also the remaining Castle was taking over."
"Hopefully we are able to hold, we don't have many spells left."
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Seems fun
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

Slugflame, dark shaman of the skullcrusher clan meditated aboard the raft that bore him to his challenge. This arranged mage duel would be quite entertaining for the warriors to see. Especially since he had an ace up his sleeve. The feline overlord had given him an artifact that would ensure his victory.

Across the river, his opponent waited. Rotleaf, silent lich. He too had a trick to win, from the hand of the Sunrise Samurai.

The boat landed, and slugflame walked off. Appropriate rituals were exchanged, and the duel began. Dark bolts flew, impacting on shadowy shields. Creatures of the night rose and fell, only to rise again. All along the sidelines orcs cheered and skeletons rattled in appreciation. Slugflame pulled his trump card. A dark mirror, black as an endless void reflecting nothing, yet everything in it's own twisted manner. Shocked, rotleaf matched the move with his own, identical artifact. Both whispered over the mirrors, pointed at one another. Eternity reflected, warped, diminished, grew, exploded and shattered between them as the mirrors broke in a dark cascade of shadows to envelope the area. As everyone got up, rotleaf and slugflame bowed to each other, signaling a draw. The duel was over, and energies subsides.

Slugflame climbed back into the boat, weary. He couldn't​ feel his legs as he stumbled back. His body felt....dead. he sat and stared at the decaying bones that should have been fingers and suddenly felt closer to the dark powers he had always dreamed of. Only then did he notice the goblins staring at him, whom he immediately slew and raised as tireless undead to row the boat.

Rotleaf never felt more ALIVE! He ran back to a safe distance​, roaring a challenge to the skies. He sliced his hand across tattooed skin, and the green blood of a troll flowed. His hearts, yes, two hearts, both of them beat harder in his chest than the heart in his elven body ever had so many years ago. The severed flesh of his hand writhed and shimmered painfully as it flowed back into place. In answer to his call, a green dragon roared back, and landed content to be fed the magically crafted meat of flesh golems.
Sunrise Samurai

I have an idea. Anyone want to see some fire emblem style action here, with irreplaceable named units that are more powerful than their counterparts?

Any single unit per previous game may qualify, but must be named in the story. Units of 4 cost or less may be advisors or consultants mentioned previously that join in, and don't actually have to appear on the field beforehand. Units of 5 cost or more must be troops that survive to the end of a battle or deliberately retreat from relative safety.
(delete​ before it is killed while inside a building or tc) retreats in this manner should be announced.

Such battle hardened veterans get +30 hp, +3/3 armor, double their base actions, +1 range (if ranged) and +5 power, heal rate, and mend rate (yes, workers qualify, if you want to start with a super worker on top of your starting workers)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sounds intresting.
But how this will be implemented in the next game? By triggers?
Also is this effect stackable? so for example if my champion will survive for 2 games can i again give him this bonus?

Also "Double actions/turn" i think is a bit too much because you can get for example quick archer with 4 shots or Ettin with 4 attacks or even Headhunter with 6 shots.
Instead i think just +1 or +2 actions/turn give.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Not stackable. If a champion survives 2 games, he gets to continue to a third. Instead, you can acquire additional champions.

Yeah I might have to edit that to +1 action.

Edit: surviving champions may continue to grow, at a slower pace. The stronger they are the less growth occurs.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”