Companion Cohesion training

DreJaDe

Companion Cohesion training

Post by DreJaDe »

Companion cohesion training

A tech that would add +1 speed (non-stacking) to companion cavalry when together.

Also, might be nice if Companion is a tc unit like Hussar. Kinda make sense too since Macedonia is a cav nation too...kinda?
godOfKings

Re: Companion Cohesion training

Post by godOfKings »

Is companion cavalry heavy cav or medium cav?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Companion cavalry is heavily armored with heavy armor like in the game.

By the way, were companion cavalry considered fast enough to receive a team speed buff?

As for being produced in TC, I don't see much of a problem in my opinion.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:28 pm Is companion cavalry heavy cav or medium cav?
Sombrar +1 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:52 pm Companion cavalry is heavily armored with heavy armor like in the game.
They are heavy cav and their IRL is the same. But they are not exactly that heavily armored. Most of them only have a chest armor and a helmet and thats it. Not even a shield.
Sombrar +1 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:52 pm By the way, were companion cavalry considered fast enough to receive a team speed buff?
I think its more on this as just a way to make them better. Logically, if they were their linothorax (an armor made off linen), plus their war horses, they should be logically able to be fast enough as normal light cav or even hussars unless were differentiating the quality of horses during medieval and ancient time.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Something like heavy cavalry having light cavalry traits like 6 speed like the hussar which is medium cavalry and has similar stats to heavy cavalry?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well there r also light cav with 7 speed, as well as celt chariot with 6 speed
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:38 pm Something like heavy cavalry having light cavalry traits like 6 speed like the hussar which is medium cavalry and has similar stats to heavy cavalry?
Its not exactly an easy to reach thing.

It will require at the least two companion after taking a tech which is a lot of commitment.

And like I said... They aren't exactly that heavy since they are as armed as a roman Equite minus the shield.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I agree with the new tech, but maybe adding them to the TC roster would be too much? I mean, they require a lot of investment to get really strong, but once they do, they are REALLY strong offensively, and would be even more so with this tech, but making them available in TCs would make spamming them a lot easier, thus making that investment much much easier to make, which I think might leave them too strong.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

b2198 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:04 am I agree with the new tech, but maybe adding them to the TC roster would be too much? I mean, they require a lot of investment to get really strong, but once they do, they are REALLY strong offensively, and would be even more so with this tech, but making them available in TCs would make spamming them a lot easier, thus making that investment much much easier to make, which I think might leave them too strong.
ok, might have not played the game for too long but is it really too strong more than the Polish Hussar?

for me, I think the companion requirement to be strong is quite high in any case and losing one hurts too more than losing a hussar of the same cost.

Return to “Techs”