Ai prematurely uses Undead units! (Bug)

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Pedro constitute

Ai prematurely uses Undead units! (Bug)

Post by Pedro constitute »

Hello Dev!
october 18, 2021

Greeting on this fine day, wanted to inform the devs that when I was playing against Ai units specifically the undead units, within the first 5 turns have been granted access to using skeleton monster units despite not having the butcher tower set up or even mentioned of them achieving the upgrade, when playing as a player, I can only access the monster skeleton units after the butcher tower and it's subsequent upgrade skeleton monster construct to unlock the skeleton monster, this means within the first initial turns of the game the enemy Ai is granted strong units and access to hard counter units within the first 5 turns, this is bad for players playing other factions in the initial game even playing as undead is difficult because the Ai's units can overpower and steamroll player's undead.

You can see evidence if you set the map as revealed and closely observe the Ai behavior when using undead faction within the 5 initial turns, they would start producing skeleton monster denizen, despite no construction of butcher tower and monster skeleton construct upgrade being a 9 turn production.

Thank you for listening.
Lucifer

Re: Ai prematurely uses Undead units! (Bug)

Post by Lucifer »

Hello,

It is not a bug, but actually intended behaviour. To put it simply, AI is not smart, so it is given some benefits instead.
AI starts with many techs unlocked, to help it compensate for the lack of strategic ability of humans. For example, undead are veryyy complex in their abilities, and it's nearly impossible for an AI to set up a network of grave diggers, grave towers, use various spells from mummy, lich, etc. So it is instead given strong starting units in form of monsters.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think only hard AI, easy AI have no deafult techs.
Pedro constitute

Post by Pedro constitute »

Thanks for responding, but early gameplay with ai undead with access to some of the strongest units, especially small maps is still imbalance, and the undead ai could have atleast built a butcher tower to appear like they have access to the skeleton monster. rather than appear unfair at least.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

however i think we fixed this earlier - that the monster tech will not be default to AI - @makazuwr32 how u remember?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I must mention that this will be changed anyway in next update.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:19 pm I must mention that this will be changed anyway in next update.
(which way? also that update maybe will not be next if i publish sooner something)

but most impoartntly dodu remember the above mentioned was changed already?

Return to “Reporting Issues”