New Unit: Axeman including Axe Upgrade.

TheOrder971

New Unit: Axeman including Axe Upgrade.

Post by TheOrder971 »

Axeman (Including Upgrade units)

A medieval axeman was a formidable warrior of the Middle Ages, armed with a deadly battle axe. These skilled fighters, often clad in armor, wielded their axes with both strength and precision on the battlefield. Their weapons were versatile, capable of cleaving through armor and striking down adversaries with a single powerful blow. Medieval axemen played a crucial role in medieval warfare, contributing to the tactics and strategies of their time with their imposing presence and lethal weaponry.

Effective as a Swordsman unit, Heavy Cavalry, and Archers.

Axeman
Axeman.png
Axeman.png (994 Bytes) Viewed 856 times
Heavy Axeman - Upgrades From Axeman
Heavy Axeman.png
Heavy Axeman.png (1.04 KiB) Viewed 856 times
To Heavy Axeman.png
To Heavy Axeman.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Warrior - Upgrades From Heavy Axeman
Axeman Warrior.png
Axeman Warrior.png (1.07 KiB) Viewed 856 times
To Axeman Warrior.png
To Axeman Warrior.png (2.47 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Stats

Axeman
Cost: 2
Hp:20
Attack Power: 10
Armor: 1
Pierce Armor: 1
Speed: 3
Sight: 4

Heavy Axeman
Hp:23
Attack Power: 13
Armor: 1

Warrior
Hp:27
Attack Power: 17
Armor: 2

All Axeman Units have Damage Bonuses

+75% Bonus Damage against - Irregular Infantry, Light Infantry and Archers
+100% Bonus Damage against - Mounted, Structures, Machines, Siege Machines, and Ship
+800% Bonus Damage Against - Mega Buildings.
+240% Bonus Damage Against - Fortification and Armored Siege Machines

Please soon make it Accepted and Implemented.
godOfKings

Re: New Unit: Axeman including Axe Upgrade.

Post by godOfKings »

Ok it doesnt make sense y it costs same as swordsman but better than swordsman in every stat, something has to b nerfed
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also ur axe image shade is opposite, it should b darker around the wooden handle and lighter around edge of blade
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Okay, currently... This is just better swordsman.

Not gonna lie. I always wanted to suggest the axeman but I'm not sure how to make them relevant. Not sure cause I do have one idea.

Which is to make them better against shielded units.

So basically bonus against them.

So maybe

Attack power: 8/10/12

Bonus:
Shield bearer: 40%

As a nerf, they will have no bonus against irregular infantry.

And as an added bonus. Lol.

Bonus:
Workers: 100%

I don't get the bonus against mounted and light infantry.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

It could be a cheap basic infantry alternative for a more offensive tactic, as we already have the squire as a cheap basic infantry for defense and the swordsman as a balanced one going more for the offensive, the ax infantry should be stronger in exchange for more resistance such as:

Cost 2
Hp 16->18->21
Attack 10->12->15
Armor and Armor Piercing 1/0->1/0->1/1
Speed 3
Vision 4

I also think that instead of having bonuses against irregular infantry like the swordsman, he should have bonuses against medium infantry, which I think is more suitable against enemies that they normally were more effective as it seems more suitable than giving bonuses against heavy infantry.
v094517

Post by v094517 »

New Consolidated Proposal of Stats

Cost 2
Hp 16,18, 21
Attack 10,12,15 or 16
Armors 1/0, 2/0, 2/0
Speed 3
Sight 4
+25% Bonus Damage against - [Mounted], [Medium Armored], [Shield Bearer]
+40% Bonus Damage against - [Big Shield Bearer], [Builder]
+50% Bonus Damage against - [Structures], [Machines], [Siege Machines], [Ship]
+350% Bonus Damage Against - [Mega Buildings]
+100% Bonus Damage Against - [Fortification], [Armored Siege Machines]

Notes:
Since [Horse] have No Counter Bonus vs Bonus spec, the small bonus damage against [Mounted] is more important than it seems.
In fact, Axemen can have Halved Counter Damage spec as an additional nerf.
With these stats, an almost fully buffed Axeman can just one-hit-kill an unbuffed Swordsman of the same tier and do the same more easily to Shielders.
Last edited by v094517 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:09 pm Also ur axe image shade is opposite, it should b darker around the wooden handle and lighter around edge of blade
There you go. Axeman, Heavy Axeman, and Axeman Warrior are now remodeled.
Axeman.png
Axeman.png (996 Bytes) Viewed 791 times
Heavy Axeman.png
Heavy Axeman.png (1.05 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Axeman Warrior.png
Axeman Warrior.png (1.08 KiB) Viewed 791 times
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:33 am It could be a cheap basic infantry alternative for a more offensive tactic, as we already have the squire as a cheap basic infantry for defense and the swordsman as a balanced one going more for the offensive, the ax infantry should be stronger in exchange for more resistance such as:

Cost 2
Hp 16->18->21
Attack 10->12->15
Armor and Armor Piercing 1/0->1/0->1/1
Speed 3
Vision 4

I also think that instead of having bonuses against irregular infantry like the swordsman, he should have bonuses against medium infantry, which I think is more suitable against enemies that they normally were more effective as it seems more suitable than giving bonuses against heavy infantry.
I like this idea too, though I'd give it 13 attack instead of 12 in its second upgrade, to be higher than the second upgrade of the swordsman line.

Also, were they effective against [Medium Infantry] or just [Medium Armored] in general? If we went with the second option, it would make them also be effective against shielders (oh, and btw, while "squire" is also a valid translation for "escudeiro", the unit is actually called "shielder" in the game), since they are [Heavy Infantry][Medium Armored], and would also make them effective against a lot of other units that aren't [Medium Infantry], like pavaise crossbowmen, horse crossbowmen, zerks, highlanders, most anti-mounted infantry, most light and medium cavalry, and some others. Maybe with a +40% bonus against these (so a total of 14/16/21 damage, or 19/22/26 with blacksmith techs + high morale + fervor, or 23/26/30 if you add battlefield blacksmith to that) it would become a reasonable bonus that's useful against a big amount of units. Maybe we could reduce its bonuses against buildings to compensate for having a bonus like that?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

With some research I did it seems that it would be better to give bonuses against medium armor units, as normally infantry with axes would face and be used against heavier enemies.equipped and armored with some descriptions saying that these infantry, although they used axes as they were a cheaper alternative, were normally effective in combating enemies with more armor due to the force of the impact of the ax, with it normally destroying the opponents' shields in combat as a tactic, but when there was greater implementation of heavy armor, the axes were already becoming less effective, favoring the creation of weapons such as halberds to overcome this problem by using the weapon's strength point to damage the enemy's armor more efficiently.

Now considering that he will have a reasonably higher attack than the swordsman although he has less resistance than the swordsman, a reduction in the ax infantry's bonuses against buildings would be good way to compensate for this being:
-> +40% bonus against Medium Armored, Shield Bearers;

-> +25% bonus against Machines;

-> +100% bonus against Structures,Siege engines, Ships;

-> +600% bonus against Mega Structures;

-> +150% bonus against Fortifications,Armed siege engines;
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Thinking about it better, perhaps it would be more appropriate that instead of a bonus against [Medium Armor], it would be better against [Medium Infantry], which fits better into the game, especially since normally halberd units has bonuses against [Heavy Infantry] and not for [Heavy Armor] itself, also normally attack bonuses are more related to the type of unit facing so bonuses against [Medium Infantry].
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Since this itself is strong against swordsman line i dont want it to completely replace swordsman line also axe users r considered cheaper and less equiped than swords users so they will b less effective Against buildings

My bonus suggestion:
25% medium infantry, shield bearers
40% machine, big shield bearers
80% structures, ships, siege machine
150% fortified structure, armored siege machine
600% mega structure

Its weaker than swordsman line in everything but its strong against swordsman line

So it will b kinda like skirmisher<swordsman<axeman<archer and then loop around to skirmisher again

Wat if axeman isnt shield bearer?
Last edited by godOfKings on Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Tried to make it more different looking than swordsman
Attachments
axeman warrior2 (5).png
axeman warrior2 (5).png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 684 times
axeman heavy (1).png
axeman heavy (1).png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 733 times
axeman (1).png
axeman (1).png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 733 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

The more polished version looks really nice, maybe just remove the other blade on the other side of the ax in the third level of warrior axeman.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Uhmmm? Pants?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U r free to make changes, i say he doesnt need pants XD

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also should they have any bonus against heavy infantry?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:51 pm The more polished version looks really nice, maybe just remove the other blade on the other side of the ax in the third level of warrior axeman.
Unfortunately his upgrade tech literally shows a double sided battle axe, although it looks ugly and congested we have to deal with it

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:30 pm Also should they have any bonus against heavy infantry?
Im honestly more interested on heavy vs heavy than medium dealing with them... At that, even light infantry cause I remembered Spartan army getting destroyed by light infantries.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Which light infantry is good against heavy? All i can think of is celt, mace and flail, btw pilum ability also has bonus against heavy i think, i didnt try the rajput though

Anyways one freshly baked and hot pants as per ur request lol
Attachments
axeman warrior2 (3).png
axeman warrior2 (3).png (1.33 KiB) Viewed 709 times

v094517

Post by v094517 »

I support bonus against medium armored instead of medium infantry, as this can extend to bonus against most light and medium cavalry as well as shielders.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

They already have high base dmg and light and medium cavalry have low armor, also their weapon is shorter and not enough reach compared to halberd

v094517

Post by v094517 »

What about additional bonus against [Medium Armored][Heavy Infantry], or [Medium Armored][Foot]?
This will make them effective against shielders in addition to swordsmen.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Which is why I suggested bonus against [shield bearer]. To not be that complex.

Though honestly... The damage might already be quite high.

Where is it going to be trained anyway?

Hmmm, yeah. Noticed that theres actually a [big shield bearer] lol.

I was actually thinking more of it as a counter to shield bearers but not that much direct counter. Cause I dont like too direct counters where 1 is so completely counter to the other.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

My stat suggestion
Upgrade techs cost: 6 turns
Builder: tc, barracks

Axeman

Hp: 16
Atk: 10
Armor: 1/0

Heavy Axeman
Hp: 19
Atk: 13
Armor: 2/0

Warrior
Hp: 22
Atk: 15
Armor: 2/1

Bonus:
godOfKings wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:23 pm ]My bonus suggestion:
600% mega structure
Last edited by godOfKings on Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Oh yes big shield bearers should prob get more bonus dmg right? So i added big shield bearers with 40% bonus that way most heavy infantry who r big shield bearers also get high bonus dmg

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Ok my final question, will it b considered irregular infantry? Light infantry? Or medium infantry? It will b shield bearer and medium armored tho

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:53 pm Which light infantry is good against heavy? All i can think of is celt, mace and flail, btw pilum ability also has bonus against heavy i think, i didnt try the rajput though

Anyways one freshly baked and hot pants as per ur request lol
So these units are so fabulous.
I Like the Eclipse shield that is unbelievable. Another remodeled with pants.
V2 Axeman.png
V2 Axeman.png (1.07 KiB) Viewed 591 times
V2 Heavy Axeman.png
V2 Heavy Axeman.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 591 times
V2 Axeman Warrior.png
V2 Axeman Warrior.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 591 times
For now, ACCEPT the Unit.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:41 am My stat suggestion
Upgrade techs cost: 6 turns
Builder: tc, barracks

Axeman

Hp: 16
Atk: 10
Armor: 1/0

Heavy Axeman
Hp: 19
Atk: 13
Armor: 2/0

Warrior
Hp: 22
Atk: 15
Armor: 2/1

Bonus:
godOfKings wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:23 pm ]My bonus suggestion:
600% mega structure
OK, I Accept that for these stats. what about this? add 10% effective against mounted, Archers and Skirmishers.

10% mounted, archers, skirmishers
25% Irregular infantry, Light infantry, medium infantry, shield bearers
600% mega structure
Last edited by TheOrder971 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Hello Guys I want to be accepted for this unit. then I wish to be implemented
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Screaming with bold letters wont help implementing it, there is only one person in charge @Endru1241 he will read the stats and determine if its balanced or not b4 deciding to implement it

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”