Mapeditor - Random Trigger

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
TntAttack

Mapeditor - Random Trigger

Post by TntAttack »

Please add a Random Trigger in Aos, and later in all variants. I want to make a map scenario similar to Mafia where one player is the killer and the rest have to find the killer.

Unfortunately, we can't do that right now without a RRandom Trigger.

Example: Trigger Random

Option1, Option2, option3, option 4

Where each option triggers a trigger. Has a equal probably to Trigger one everything its called.

Example 2: Random Strings

Option1, Option2, option3, option 4, [optional Parameter Team Number]

Where options are the Strings that the player in optional Parameter will output.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Mapeditor - Random Trigger

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please tell me 2-3 example of usage as i can not imagine.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Replayability, Creativity and Luck.
For
- Dialogue
- Major trigger events e.g different allied or enemy unit army composition, luck based triggers, etc
- 1v5 scenerio where we want to mix the 1 lone player around e.g. Mafia type maps

Basically, there are other types of creative maps players can make and design with random map triggers, it's just that the pretty broad, but very necessary in my option for more creative and diverse maps.

Example 1: "My lord, we are under attack"
Random chance of attack between turns 4, 7, 9
The earlier the ambush the weaker the enemy attack.

Example 2: "Welcome to the maze. Which path will you take? One will led you to safety, and the other you will die"
Random chance of meeting unstoppable enemy or trigger effective death.

Example 3: "You have captured the enemy town capital A." Enemy A has 50% chance of turning to your side. Oh yes, enemy A has been swayed by your power!" (Proceed to balance player so that it's not that easy)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I highly support this idea.
Right now i am working on multiplayer scenario map with high replayability and i made 20 randomizers for possible triggers to be activated. And each randomizer requires 8 extra triggers.
So in total i need for those 20 randomizers apart from 80 triggers i want to be chosen between 160 triggers to activate/deactivate triggers i need and so on.

This will greatly reduce amount of triggers for these things.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Others”