Some unit images are being scaled down in unit info menu

b2198

Some unit images are being scaled down in unit info menu

Post by b2198 »

In the unit info menu, the images of other units (units a TC can produce, for example) are scaled down for a lot of units, making they look tiny:
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Some unit images are being scaled down in unit info menu

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this is because of of the double image sizes

what u suggest, how should i show a 1x1 unit beside a 1x2 unit ?

(as seen on picture now all bigger units are a little scaled down to fit - although there is an extra logic that the "shiftindicators down" pixels are chopped from the top of a 1x2 tile unit as those parts (over indicator position) are always (mostly) empty.)

idea: maybe ishould scale everything like the 1x2 unit? so all 1x1 unit will also be scaled down? (as a result all unit size will be same, however all a little smaller)
b2198

Re: Some unit images are being scaled down in unit info menu

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:43 am this is because of of the double image sizes

what u suggest, how should i show a 1x1 unit beside a 1x2 unit ?

(as seen on picture now all bigger units are a little scaled down to fit - although there is an extra logic that the "shiftindicators down" pixels are chopped from the top of a 1x2 tile unit as those parts (over indicator position) are always (mostly) empty.)

idea: maybe ishould scale everything like the 1x2 unit? so all 1x1 unit will also be scaled down? (as a result all unit size will be same, however all a little smaller)
I'm not sure, but I think a good way of showing them is the way the current help menu of the Android version does (and I'm not sure how exactly it's done there lol)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Issues - Nice to have”