Vengeful Throne Map 3 "Battle For River Hiban" IMPLEMENTED

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Revenant

Vengeful Throne Map 3 "Battle For River Hiban" IMPLEMENTED

Post by Revenant »

Hi Community,

In the campaign Vengeful Throne, map 3 seems to be unbeatable.

At the start, the opposing forces are located on two different shores of a river that crosses the whole map.
The bridges that cross the river are neutral. So what happens is that the enemy AI destroys all bridges in turn 1 and from that moment on, all parties can live their lives in peace on their respective sides of the river and no one can bother the other side.
But defeating the map has become impossible :-D

And just in case somebody wonders: No, there are no builders or factories of any kind that would permit rebuilding those bridges.

Revenant
tamtam12345

Re: Vengeful Throne Map 3 "Battle For River Hiban"

Post by tamtam12345 »

Revenant wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:37 pm Hi Community,

In the campaign Vengeful Throne, map 3 seems to be unbeatable.

At the start, the opposing forces are located on two different shores of a river that crosses the whole map.
The bridges that cross the river are neutral. So what happens is that the enemy AI destroys all bridges in turn 1 and from that moment on, all parties can live their lives in peace on their respective sides of the river and no one can bother the other side.
But defeating the map has become impossible :-D

And just in case somebody wonders: No, there are no builders or factories of any kind that would permit rebuilding those bridges.

Revenant
True. Reported.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Vengeful Throne Map 3 "Battle For River Hiban" IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

designer have yet fixed - ok i have fixed the map by changing the bridges to be AI possession.
i hope it will work! thanks!
Revenant

Re: Vengeful Throne Map 3 "Battle For River Hiban" IMPLEMENTED

Post by Revenant »

Hi Stratego.

Thanks for the update.
I have played the map with the changed ownership of the bridges quite a few times but I still can't make it in the 3 stars requirement. My best was 29 turns (25 is needed for 3 stars).

The problem is that now most of the bridges get destroyed by the friendly AI, or after changing ownership still by the enemy AI.
Sometimes it still happens that all bridges are destroyed before the my units reach the river, then the map is still unbeatable.

The best situation is that one bridge (the center one) remains. But that one is then blocked by own troops or AI troops and it takes many turns to get through this bottleneck. Hence the three stars are out of reach.

I'd prefer indestructible bridges (which might make the map even more challenging because then the players longbowmen can be attacked by enemy troops. Now, the longbowmen can just shoot over the river without being attacked because the bridges are broken....).

Thanks,
Revenant

Return to “Campaign map discussions”