Strelet still has poison buff when transforming into gunslinger

Sombrar +1

Strelet still has poison buff when transforming into gunslinger

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good evening, I wanted to report a problem with Strelet, I don't know if it's a known problem or not but I made the topic to warn about it, basically, according to the rule Strelet was not to be affected by the poison buffs of the healer when he was in gunslinger form, but if you apply the buffs to his pikeman form and then transform him to his gunslinger form he will continue with the poison buffs, the double action buff works in the transformation so as soon as it is transformed it can still attack but fortunately this buff is canceled later but the poison one is still like that It's dangerous for a player to have a gunpowder unit with bonus damage against heavy units plus the addition of being able to apply poison so you kind of break the limitation he should have of not being the affected by poison if you transform it.
Endru1241

Re: Strelet still has poison buff when transforming into gunslinger

Post by Endru1241 »

Tested and confirmed.
Unfortunately such thing affects all units with melee/ranged transformation, so removing it during transformation would require creating unique transformation effects for each.

But as we see in other buffs not working after transformation throws them out of valid targets - I'd say it's engine issue.
@Stratego (dev) - It seems like trnWeaponEffects added by unitEffect applied by ENCHANTMENT_VANISHING effect stick around after transforming without checking if unit is still within trnValidTargets.
It's about EFFECT_ENCHANTMENT_POISONED_WEAPON ( effects/poison_weapon_enchantment.json), which is applying EFFECT_POISON_WEAPON (units/effect_poison_weapon.json), which defines valid targets and adds weapon effect.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

so shall those wear off instantly?

i wonder if it can be a trick to remove unwanted effects too like slowing and such, or shall auto-remove only "positive" effects ?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:58 pm so shall those wear off instantly?

i wonder if it can be a trick to remove unwanted effects too like slowing and such, or shall auto-remove only "positive" effects ?
I think that it removing "negative" effects isn't a problem because they would have to not be valid targets for that to happen. So if they still are valid targets (and in most cases they will still be afaik) the negative effects won't be removed.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Just noticed that this is also an issue with persian immortals, as they can receive bastion of faith in melee form and then transform into ranged form, becoming by far the tankiest archer in the game (due to receiving the {Die Hard} spec while having more armor than even fully buffed elite hospitallers) (and also this case is still not that op, as even with all that they still lack a lot in damage and range, but I think shouldn't work either).

Update in the same post because I was testing while writing lol: after some mad editor tests, it seems that bastion of faith literally does nothing after persian immortal transforms, doesn't give armor, doesn't remove armor when it ends, doesn't slow, doesn't speed up after ending, and doesn't give the {Die Hard} spec, and also goes back to working normally when he transforms back, so I think that is proper behavior (or kinda, since there's still its ghost icon in the effects bar doing nothing while he's in ranged form XD).

Also checked double strike on strelets, and that seems to work just like bastion of faith does for persian immortals (so "kinda proper" behavior). It seems to me that this is a bug only on weapon effects, and working kinda properly on other effects, because looking at their target list, it shouldn't allow them to use it while in ranged form, as none of the categories in the weapon effect apply anymore.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:58 pm so shall those wear off instantly?
I think it should just check for the target categories of the weapon effect when deciding if a unit that has it will apply it when attacking.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Like stated already - best is to check valid targets upon transform and wear off all, that don't meet the valid target anymore.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”