Small destroyer rebalance

DreJaDe

Small destroyer rebalance

Post by DreJaDe »

Axis Destroyer Rebalance
Currently, only the ally destroyer have divided roles for mine layer and anti sub. This should also be true to axis because this gives so much advantage to them.

Current axis destroyers though have two use, yes. Useless destroyer and super useful destroyer. So I think we should divide their role also so the useless destroyers could now become useful too. That's another reason.

We should also nerf the sight of Mines to 0 cause currently, they are being used as immobile scouts which they shouldn't be used as.

Anti sub destroyer should get 6 sight
It's really weird that most of them can't use their full speed. Also, they can easily be killed by subs because of limited sight.

Destroyer should get surface torpedo (Not priority)
A realistic idea. They have fought cruisers mainly with torpedoes. Cruiser also have done the same though overpower them with guns. Still having the current logic of the game, the dominance of cruisers would still be there. And destroyer would still only be able to kill cruisers through overwhelming.

And this would also make them more realistic where Destroyers would hunt the highly damaged ships. This could make them do this unlike the current. One of the main reason why Battleships became obsolete also Or at least BS needed to operate with smaller security unlike their current role which is the main guard of much weaker ships and the main frontline ships.

@TntAttack
@Jasondunkel
@Laxus
@Dahdee
@Stratego (dev)
@Freddy682
TntAttack

Re: Small destroyer rebalance

Post by TntAttack »

Is there any way we can change the torpedo ability and make more like an underwater bombing ability. Instead of precision strikes, maybe the torpedoes are better off as area of effect weapons.

Welp that just my imagination, regarding your point I am not too sure, probably have to rebalance a lot more to get it working e.g. naval unit price, to insure that nothing breaks.
Laxus

Post by Laxus »

I absolutely agree with changing the sight of mines to 0. Mines as scouts doesn't really make sense

Regarding axis destroyers I also agree that changes are required. Currently players only build one type of destroyer. For example the two German subs are:

Type 1934:
HP:110
Attack:13
Speed: 6
Sight:4
Depth charge damage: 24
Cost:5
Sea mines: no

Elbing class Torpedo boat:
HP: 65
Attack:11
Speed:6
Sight:5
Depth charge damage: 108
Sea mines: yes

The torpedo boat outperforms type 1934 overwhelmingly. Not only does it have greater sight and can lay mines, it is also cheaper. There is no reason to go for type 1934 just for more hp and attack. You can go for cruisers if you want to fill that role

Japan destroyers:

Momi class:
HP: 67
Attack:12
Speed:7
Sight: 4
Depth charge damage: 24
Sea mines: no

Minekaze class:
HP: 67
Attack:12
Speed:7
Sight: 5
Depth charge damage: 108
Sea mines: yes

Same goes in this case except it is even more so. There is no role that momi class fulfills that minekaze class.

My proposal to balance these all rounder destroyers would be to increase their cost by 1. The other destroyer type can in turn have its sight increased to make it a scouting type unit
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

so we can do that with the mines sight to zero

and we would be happy to equip the sub killer with sight 6 as well.

and the rest sounds interesting.

Return to “Balancing discussions”