French panhard 178

SS-Jericho

French panhard 178

Post by SS-Jericho »

Remove its damage bonus against non-heavy tanks. It currently have +21 damage bonus to medium tanks.
It kills tanks for the cost of 2 plus it has 2 action turn.
DreJaDe

Re: French panhard 178

Post by DreJaDe »

I kinda disagree.

It's main armaments is actually meant for anti armour with a whopping 50mm penetration. Quite a lot of you want to consider other parts of a tank.

And it's actually considered as one of the best for the French even being able to defeat multiple Panzer 4 in 5 minutes.

I can say though that why it's OP is because it has 2 attack when it's not even that fast firing (though it actually have a machine gun...).

I'd say just remove that 2 turn attack and it should be good.

That 2 turn attack should actually be given to AMC Schneider P 16 with an increase of it's anti infantry bonus to at least 100 more %.
SS-Jericho

Post by SS-Jericho »

I guess making it 1 action turn is fair. I did not know it has 50mm penetration. I just find it weird in game that a 2 turn tank can kill your 4 turn tank out if nowhere since it has 6 speed.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

SS-Jericho wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:21 am I guess making it 1 action turn is fair. I did not know it has 50mm penetration. I just find it weird in game that a 2 turn tank can kill your 4 turn tank out if nowhere since it has 6 speed.
It was a super advanced design that actually worked unlike most wonder weapons of the Germans. France have a lot of these.

Also, the most common 1 hit kill tank were just +1turn of this beast. I don't think its that surprising.
SS-Jericho

Post by SS-Jericho »

Then it should be noted as anti-tank not just vehicle mg. Since there are lots of units in game that has higher penetration/accuracy/rate of fire/range than this panhard that does not even have bonus against tanks.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:53 amThat 2 turn attack should actually be given to AMC Schneider P 16 with an increase of it's anti infantry bonus to at least 100 more %.
I did not see it, but if there's a thread for this, I agree completely. I also agree with reducing Panhard to 1 attack per turn and reclassification. It is (although justifiably) a bit OP right now for 2 turns.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Since the Panhard has a 25mm cannon, it is already a cannon against tanks. you are right the bonus is too high especially when he has two shots. the cannon itself is not good but better than that of panzer I as an example.

how about if we lower the bonus from now +300% on tanks to 100%
plus the bonus against infantry and heavy tanks to 50%
but we leave the two shots

and by the way, tank guns are designed for us at a penetration of 1000m
and in the xls the force is 8, which we would then increase

Return to “Issues”