Flailmen not slavic

b2198

Flailmen not slavic

Post by b2198 »

So they can't be properly buffed by herbalist.

I don't think they were slavic-exclusive, like macemen weren't nordic-exclusive, but the upgrade for these two is only available in the slavic/nordic factories, respectively, and since macemen are categorized as [Nordic], I'm not sure if flailmen not being categorized as [Slavic] is intended.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
b2198

Re: Flailmen not slavic

Post by b2198 »

On a related note, shouldn't both hussars also be categorized as [Slavic]? Currently only the Winged Hussar line (which I believe is Polish?) is categorized as [Slavic], but Hungarian Hussars are also in Veche Izba.
Last edited by b2198 on Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

On another related note, shouldn't axe throwers (not northern) also be taken out of veche izba's roster, since they aren't [Slavic], unlike the northern version, that can be in both for being both [Nordic] and [Slavic]?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Flailmen set to be slavic in the assets.
That was actually my intention (to imitate macemen).

Hungarian Hussar would be slight stretch to classify as slavic.
While most population of hungary was genetically slavic, they were in huge part of Magyar culture.
Which actually doesn't fit to anything, as it's quite isolated and unique.
I am struggling with it.

Axe throwers don't need to be removed. There is not even an ounce of reason to remove it.
Cultural factories doesn't need to be limited to only that particular culture units, but those available to them.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:44 pm Cultural factories doesn't need to be limited to only that particular culture units, but those available to them.
But it feels weird for me that this is the case for all other faction-specific factories (excluding ger tergen yurt, which was also added in this update), yet not in this case.
Endru1241 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:44 pm Axe throwers don't need to be removed. There is not even an ounce of reason to remove it.
I'd say there's a consistency reason, because bard can buff all of the units trained in nordic hall; onmyoji can buff all of the units trained in dojo, druid can buff all of the units trained in veterans roundhouse. The exceptions to that are the herbalist after this update (can only buff 6/10 of the combat units produced in veche izba, 7/10 with flailman), and tengri shaman, which was also added in this update (and can only buff 5/10 of the combat units produced in ger tergen yurt).
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Rome and greek have common units while rome also have mercenary units from other cultures so u cant limit slavic while thinking its ok for rome, this is double standard
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:36 am Rome and greek have common units while rome also have mercenary units from other cultures so u cant limit slavic while thinking its ok for rome, this is double standard
The only common units they have are mercs. Which I think is okay because they are mercs.

There is cataphract though which I don't know why it's in the Greek.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Also neither of them have buffers, which is one of the main points why I'm arguing about this categorization.

But if they had, and have units that flavor-wise are common to both, they should also get categorized as such, like the northern axe thrower case, so that they could receive buffs from both. There would still be no units in their factories not categorized as being of that faction after that, which is the problem I find with veche izba and ger tergen yurt: a good chunk of the units they can train are not categorized as part of any faction, which is something no other faction-specific factory has, afaik.

Edit: Ok, romans have the new physician, forgot about that, I take the first point back for them, but the rest still stands.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Is it too far-fetched to let guerilla b slavic?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Oh, that's right, forgot to mention guerilla here, thanks for the reminder.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I kinda don't agree. It's pretty wildly used by many people.

I remember reading Celtic and Gaelic tribes doing it. I don't see it as distinct to them... Though that might be a good reason they can be categorized as Slavic also... Idk.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well in-game guerilla is slav cheap infantry, while it is good against archer and skirmisher, slav basically have the weakest anti building infantry in the game, the only one is a 5 turn druzinha, so with double action guerilla will b 'barely' competitive against other infantry in combination with poison

b2198

Post by b2198 »

Also reviving this one, will guerilla also be categorized as [Slavic] alongside flailmen? @Endru1241
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

b2198 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:59 am Also reviving this one, will guerilla also be categorized as [Slavic] alongside flailmen? Endru1241
I don't want to remove them from being core, as there is nothing similar as core unit.
So before the change - some kind of change in blacksmith/drummer buffs would need to be made to make them included too.
It will be copied when some idea about 2nd core buffer is implemented, so I don't want to make unit inclusion.
Rather some change with categories.

Not sure how could core category be named though.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:35 pm
b2198 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:59 am Also reviving this one, will guerilla also be categorized as [Slavic] alongside flailmen? Endru1241
I don't want to remove them from being core, as there is nothing similar as core unit.
So before the change - some kind of change in blacksmith/drummer buffs would need to be made to make them included too.
It will be copied when some idea about 2nd core buffer is implemented, so I don't want to make unit inclusion.
Rather some change with categories.
That makes sense, I guess, considering how current "factionless" units are somewhat underpowered compared to their faction counterparts.
Endru1241 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:35 pm Not sure how could core category be named though.
Maybe [West European]? Just ignore crusaders, romans, celts and helenics XD
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I'd say something like "universal", "generic", "basic" or "nationless" maybe?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”