Post by L4cus »

I like it! CR as well? Like 10-20%
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Marine25

Re: muslim pack

Post by Marine25 »

Im still creating for the swordsmen in every faction also the immam and The War Commander of Muslims
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

That's great images! Sure you're talented! Hope you're gonna stick with AoS creative designers like Endru, GoK and others.

Hm... are they intended to be 2 unit categories? I thought they could, seeing you rain us with many images (one of the most important things for unit proposal, I believe?).

For start, I find no christian category for any units, evethough they are trained in church, priory and monastery. They all fall to the "religious" category, a good universal point. Though you can still name the "religious" unit as proper as possible.

Second, I guess fall to "middle eastern" category. Currently there are 4 units in roster (correct if I'm wrong): Mamluk, Camel Archer, Persian Immortal, and Persian War Elephant (is Achaemenid Archer middle eastern style?).

The uniqe building shall consist the 4 (5?) units above, mainly for Persian War Elephant (and Achaemenid Archer?) which is stuck in hellenic Gymnasion currently along with other planned additions. Here my idea for the building name: Markaz Askari مركز عسكري (lit. military headquarter).

On the other hand, the uniqe mega building shall consist more uniqe or elite units that shall be created (btw aura like +1 speed or even just +2/2 armor in range sounds fair as it fits the defensive role just like Monastery's healing imho). My idea for the name: Hishn حصن (lit. fort) or Qal'at Jaysyiyyah قلعة جيشية (lit. military stronghold). Cutting both jaysyiyyah and askariy for more simple name is doable tho.

I can't wait to see these units come out in MP to test. Just proper stats are needed (and Leader's approval, other most important thing for proposal), and I don't see any sense reasons of why these good images abandoned or rejected.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Marine25 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:15 am Im still creating for the swordsmen in every faction also the immam and The War Commander of Muslims
Wait, you mean to make images for each possible cultural subgroup?
It could only be added as skins then.

As pure addition of units, that are only cultural versions for units already existing in game is quite weak.
There is not much reason for their existence apart of graphics.

Even current set of images is quite too many.
L4cus wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:17 am Units still need stats and propper names, also i dont hink we can have lots of swordmen for every muslim faction, maybe just 1 or 2 for the entire rooster...
True words, although I disagree with overusing the term "faction".
And wonder where does the cock come in here.

Anyway about roster:
New building would be general middle east culture, so a representation of main similarities between subcultures or special featured units representing unique elements of one of cultural subgroups.
As we have to deal with at least 3 main quite culturally different:
- Turkic
- Semitic (including Arabic)
- Middle-East Indo-Europeans (e.g. Persian, Kurdish)

Turkic more original culture, that remained among northern representatives could be skipped, as most differing elements for huge part of game period they could be represented as Steppe culture.
Among various Semitic cultures, thanks to Islam whole group of very varied people got unifying feature.
Apart of course of Jews.
So in general it could be limited to South Turkic, Arabic and Persian.
Marine25 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:26 am What faction we will create. I known just 4 factions for muslims
-Saracen
-Mamluks
-Ayyubid
-Arab
Faction is just so great word.
Mamelukes were people of various cultural backgrounds taken as slave warriors by Turks and essentially spreading Turkic culture with heavy Arabic elements.
Ayyubid were Kurdish dynasty, but basically spreading Arabic culture.
Saracen was just a word used by crusaders to describe all Muslims.
L4cus wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:40 am turks seljuks, etc there are a lot, even some stepes factions and indian sultanates, as well as the north african berebers, Granada Calihpate, etc
Berbers had their own distinctive culture - ingenious to North Africa, so nothing to do with middle-east.
While in some part they were Arabized (mostly religion, architecture) - it's more like they were under rule of Arabic people, while never fully becoming one with them.
Emirate of Grenada or Al-Andalus in general were multi-cultural with Arabic culture slowly taking over in time.

Anyway - current images are enough for fighting units. We only need some support.
And ideas to how should should that culture work.
So among current images, e.g.:
Archers - although they definitely look quite defensive I'd give middle-east cheap archers to represent dependence on heavy overuse of archers with regular or even weak attacks (mostly short bows in early times).
Alternatively they could be multi action.
Or just maybe make something similar, but more serious as image among map units and name it beduin archer?
Horse archer and lancer - honestly I'd abduct them for steppe building and name them related to Turks.
Taqlah Axemen could be anti-heavy units (maybe similarly to flailmen with bonus damage to heavy cavalry too, but without armor ignore unlike them).
Veteran cavalry could be taken as a leader.
Cavalry - just your common heavy cavalry unit. Maybe with speciality of additional 20% speed on deserts. Possibly lower melee armor, but higher attack?
Spearmen and swordsmen could be taken as medium infantry with quite defensive stats.

Mamelukes, Camel archers and persian immortals could go into mega.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Endru1241 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:20 pm Archers - although they definitely look quite defensive I'd give middle-east cheap archers to represent dependence on heavy overuse of archers with regular or even weak attacks (mostly short bows in early times).
Or just maybe make something similar, but more serious as image among map units and name it beduin archer?
i sugest archers to have lower range but 2 actions like mongolian horseman
maybe some elite archer could have single action with 6 range and more attack
about beduin, i think they are more related to africa? i read that just like them other nomadic tribes go around the sahara desert
Endru1241 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:20 pm
Horse archer and lancer - honestly I'd abduct them for steppe building and name them related to Turks.
agree, they are more sttepe like unit, u could put some stepes units in the rooster, but as mercenaries maybe?, or just regular units but without their cultural techs
Taqlah Axemen could be anti-heavy units (maybe similarly to flailmen with bonus damage to heavy cavalry too, but without armor ignore unlike them).
Veteran cavalry could be taken as a leader.
Cavalry - just your common heavy cavalry unit. Maybe with speciality of additional 20% speed on deserts. Possibly lower melee armor, but higher attack?
Spearmen and swordsmen could be taken as medium infantry with quite defensive stats.

i agree with these two lines, just finding a better name than veteran cavalry

maybe desert riders/knights/cavalry?
i like infantry being more defensive! maybe a defensive buff tech for them?
since u are talking about a mega...any idea?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

L4cus wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:45 pm
Endru1241 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:20 pm Archers - although they definitely look quite defensive I'd give middle-east cheap archers to represent dependence on heavy overuse of archers with regular or even weak attacks (mostly short bows in early times).
i sugest archers to have lower range but 2 actions like mongolian horseman
maybe some elite archer could have single action with 6 range and more attack
about beduin, i think they are more related to africa? i read that just like them other nomadic tribes go around the sahara desert
Nope.
Beduins name come directly from arabic بَدْو‎ (badw) - desert.
Those were literally people of the deserts of Arabian Peninsula.
Many such clans helped in Islamic Conquest.
agree, they are more sttepe like unit, u could put some stepes units in the rooster, but as mercenaries maybe?, or just regular units but without their cultural techs
Why?
Turkish culture was nomadic and emerged on Asian steppes.
Even Xiongnu, that harassed China are suspected to be at least in some part Turkic.
The same with Huns attacking Europe.
And original Bulgars were Turkic culture.

maybe desert riders/knights/cavalry?
i like infantry being more defensive! maybe a defensive buff tech for them?
Not sure.
Tech is supposed to show a direction to what development was going.
They could start as defensive, but develop differently.
since u are talking about a mega...any idea?
?
There is already both name and image proposed in this topic.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Endru1241 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:14 am Why?
Turkish culture was nomadic and emerged on Asian steppes.
Even Xiongnu, that harassed China are suspected to be at least in some part Turkic.
The same with Huns attacking Europe.
And original Bulgars were Turkic culture.
i though i wanted a different factory for turks, and just semitic for this...i got he wrong idea
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

According in Historical Facts, The Saracen was used for those who are belong in Islam. Those are the Turkish, The Arab, The Mamelukes, The Kurdish and any. But in Crusades, I think most muslims who participated the War and was very known are the Mamelukes and the Turkish.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

The image I made were based on the though for Islam. I didn't thought it more about middle east asia.

So is the images that I made not going to be used anymore?
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Immam The Islam Priest
Attachments
Immam.png
Immam.png (1.19 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Your building will be used for the Muslim units I think the are putting some in mega and the basic units will be in barracks
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Your building will be used for the Muslim units I think the are putting some in mega and the basic units will be in islam barracks that you created
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat will b immam equivalent of, 3 turn priest?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Yes, maybe we can make it equivalent to 3 turns like priests in Crusades
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

I thik iman could have spells to buff units like a bard but religious and can heal

Something like
An offensive spell
A deffensive spell
Heal spell

With an aditional aura to buff CR and attack maybe
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Another definition about Saracen

The term "Saracen" simply means "Easterner" and referred collectively to the Muslim opponents of the crusaders. Yet while the use of this term is convenient, it plasters over and so disguises the ethnic differences within the "Saracen" armies. The "Saracen" armies included not only Arabs and Turks, the two largest ethnic groups engaged in warfare against the crusaders. They also included Kurds (Saladin himself was a Kurd), Nubians, and Berbers. Furthermore, the Arab elements need to be sub-divided into Syrians, Bedouins and Egyptians, and the term "Turk" actually covers a variety of Turkmenish tribes.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:29 am The image I made were based on the though for Islam. I didn't thought it more about middle east asia.

So is the images that I made not going to be used anymore?
I think buildings fit.
After Islamic Conquest one common point for all Middle-Eastern Asian cultures was Islam. And Arabic cultural elements along with it.
Marine25 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:36 am According in Historical Facts, The Saracen was used for those who are belong in Islam. Those are the Turkish, The Arab, The Mamelukes, The Kurdish and any. But in Crusades, I think most muslims who participated the War and was very known are the Mamelukes and the Turkish.
Mamelukes were only a military faction. They spreaded Turkic culture with some Arabic elements.
Marine25 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:40 am Another definition about Saracen

The term "Saracen" simply means "Easterner" and referred collectively to the Muslim opponents of the crusaders. Yet while the use of this term is convenient, it plasters over and so disguises the ethnic differences within the "Saracen" armies. The "Saracen" armies included not only Arabs and Turks, the two largest ethnic groups engaged in warfare against the crusaders. They also included Kurds (Saladin himself was a Kurd), Nubians, and Berbers. Furthermore, the Arab elements need to be sub-divided into Syrians, Bedouins and Egyptians, and the term "Turk" actually covers a variety of Turkmenish tribes.
That's about right.
It's something similar to using terms like "Westerners" to describe collectively various European cultures, mainly from North-Western Europe.
And we will also use that - I cannot imagine to create separated cultures in game for French, English, German to show what could be easily bundled as West European or Westerners.
godOfKings wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:16 am Wat will b immam equivalent of, 3 turn priest?
Marine25 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:31 am Yes, maybe we can make it equivalent to 3 turns like priests in Crusades
L4cus wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:36 am I thik iman could have spells to buff units like a bard but religious and can heal

Something like
An offensive spell
A deffensive spell
Heal spell

With an aditional aura to buff CR and attack maybe
There is already separate topic for Imam.
It was mainly lacking images.
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

By the way I change the image a little bit. And also I post it in the Imam topic. This is the Final image of imam
Attachments
Imam.png
Imam.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Looks more like a punjab than an arab though :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Its like a turkish style dress and was famous used by the noblemen, Iman and even the sultans of Ottoman Empire
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Punjab headwear is like sikhs and sometimes it is tall. And in Turkish style head wear it is a fattyhead wear like what I did in the image😁😁
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

I didn't read all reply. But u should a powerfull unit named Sultan(mounted on camel) with a huge axe. I took this Idea from AOE 2 Ds.
Bhuyian G
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

Marine25 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:15 am Also this unit which is already in game should be added as the basic unit of Muslims
the shield of Muslim warrior should be round or Oval.
Bhuyian G
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

I already created the current Muslim Warriors that should be added in game, and their shield are round shapes based on historical facts.
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

Marine25 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:31 pm I already created the current Muslim Warriors that should be added in game, and their shield are round shapes based on historical facts.
What about making a sultan unit? The crusade have crusade king.
Bhuyian G
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

as fun unit, crusader king is a fun unit, sultan would be a fun unit if added...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
mammad

Post by mammad »

Very good. Of course, in this building, except for Arab forces, Iranian forces should be placed because they are Muslims too.
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

mammad wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:50 am Very good. Of course, in this building, except for Arab forces, Iranian forces should be placed because they are Muslims too.
I think it is not necessary to put iranian forces because it was not known during medieval period. We have already persian Immortal which is known to be the ancient Iranian. Iran is the modern country of Persia. In Muslim pack I think we will make it Generalize. And Putting Mamelukes in the game as it was known during that time
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

Will developers put this muslim pack :( :( :( :( in the game?
Bhuyian G
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

GamerGhazi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:45 am Will developers put this muslim pack :( :( :( :( in the game?
I am the one who puts things in AoS.
Currently I am limited by very small issue, that could be very important for anything related.
Lack of names for buildings.

But much more importantly - I just do other things, like currently - new terrain tiles.
Introducing those units will probably happen in up to a month.
But nothing is guaranteed.

This is only an unpaid contribution, not a job after all.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”