Red Army, transferring missiles to general research from aviation.

Here talk about technologies that can be invented.
IMPORTANT!: Every tech type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new tech idea than open a new topic for it!
handicraftsman

Red Army, transferring missiles to general research from aviation.

Post by handicraftsman »

Proposal for the Red Army.
historically rockets were created for aviation. Then they were used on machines (Katyushas) and then used on boats of river flotillas. This is historically correct.

I propose to transfer the technology of missiles for firing at the ground to the Red Army in aviation, general research. After the passage of which the missiles will be available from fighters (I can paint on which fighters the missiles were not installed, this is a small list) from attack aircraft of the Il-2/10 family. Katyusha will become available.

Separately, I propose to introduce coastal (river) artillery boats with torpedo weapons from the Red Army. After studying the missiles, add missile firing to them. Boats are prohibited from going into deep water. this is historically more correct than giving the red army an aircraft carrier with the possibility of landing on it IL-2 :-).
InSanituu

Re: Red Army, transferring missiles to general research from aviation.

Post by InSanituu »

The part with boats are prohibited in deep water is nah
Like, even in deep water they'll float so why?
Boats are boats they float in water whether they're deep or shallow
HMS Renown is best girl.. I'll blast your head with her 15 in guns if you disagree
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

InSanituu wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:25 pm The part with boats are prohibited in deep water is nah
Not exactly. It's one thing to be able to float, it's another thing to stay afloat. Depending on how large the boat is, there is a probability it could fill with water in large waves, and swamp, causing it to capsize. I would need a reference to see how large these missile boats are. Otherwise, they shouldn't be able to go in deep water, or at least (this is what I would prefer) have reduced speed on deep water.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
handicraftsman

Post by handicraftsman »

It was about vessels for river and coastal navigation. And rightly so, they do not have enough seaworthiness to sail on the high seas.

And on the rivers these crankcases acted very efficiently, and their construction was massive. On river boats, towers from the T-34 and missile guides were used.
InSanituu

Post by InSanituu »

Shark guy 35 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:18 am
InSanituu wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:25 pm The part with boats are prohibited in deep water is nah
Not exactly. It's one thing to be able to float, it's another thing to stay afloat. Depending on how large the boat is, there is a probability it could fill with water in large waves, and swamp, causing it to capsize. I would need a reference to see how large these missile boats are. Otherwise, they shouldn't be able to go in deep water, or at least (this is what I would prefer) have reduced speed on deep water.
Oh right, i forgot about nature
Thanks for the heads up
HMS Renown is best girl.. I'll blast your head with her 15 in guns if you disagree

Return to “Technologies”