Light pilum throw

Phantomstriker

Light pilum throw

Post by Phantomstriker »

Make the legionaries can throw a light pilum that deals 4 damage in a range of 4 tiles coldown 3 turns and cost 5 researchable only in roman garrison
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
Badnorth

Re: Light pilum throw

Post by Badnorth »

From what i've seen Legionaries were already trained in throwing pilums. So i think it may be a tech for legionaries since they are very underused and all.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:12 am From what i've seen Legionaries were already trained in throwing pilums. So i think it may be a tech for legionaries since they are very underused and all.
Yes,are already traineds
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I am looking for different kind of boost for legionaries.
I don't want to give them ranged ability (or any ability in fact) to not create a precedent.
If they would got pilum throw, why not give crossbow shot to foot knights? And then to the knights. And why not to the swordsmen?
Light cavalry and any similar would get bow shot. And any spearman - spear throw.
I know that it sounds like any regular slippery slope argument, but I'd like to reserve abilities to special units, preferably high cost or exotic.
Age of Strategy design leader
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:04 pm I am looking for different kind of boost for legionaries.
I don't want to give them ranged ability (or any ability in fact) to not create a precedent.
If they would got pilum throw, why not give crossbow shot to foot knights? And then to the knights. And why not to the swordsmen?
Light cavalry and any similar would get bow shot. And any spearman - spear throw.
I know that it sounds like any regular slippery slope argument, but I'd like to reserve abilities to special units, preferably high cost or exotic.
forget it all my ideas are useless I'm going to do something else
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:12 am legionaries since they are very underused and all.
If this is the case, how about making the legion training tech as passive ability of legionaries. (But not praetorian)
and/or changing the armor 3/2 》3/5. (The legionaries were known as tough armored - but this one is vulnerable to arrows as much as a scout dog 😅)
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Phantomstriker wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 am forget it all my ideas are useless I'm going to do something else
Don't be too harsh on yourself.
There is nothing wrong with this idea.
It only isn't fitting too well with my current overall plan.
But that doesn't mean it being discarded.
Not every idea is accepted right away.
In some cases they were left for years, before being picked again.
Even ideas, that are not brought into game can bring valuable input.
Hyuhjhih wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:29 am If this is the case, how about making the legion training tech as passive ability of legionaries. (But not praetorian)
and/or changing the armor 3/2 》3/5. (The legionaries were known as tough armored - but this one is vulnerable to arrows as much as a scout dog 😅)
That could be discussed in roman units balancing topic.
Age of Strategy design leader
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Ok,the more pierce armor idea is good

Return to “Techs”