Blacksmith upgrade missing units list

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

Blacksmith upgrade missing units list

Post by godOfKings »

List of units without blacksmith upgrade as tested in latest version:

Celtic warrior
Roman archer
Legionary
Pretorian legionary
Spartan
Immortal
Atl atl
Mongolian horse archer
Yabusame
All roman auxiliary units
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Re: Blacksmith upgrade missing units list

Post by makazuwr32 »

Roman units i think must not receive blacksmith upgrades... or that was changed recently?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Really? I dont remember
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

They are supposed to work in formation with centurion and with legion formation tech.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat about auxiliaries? And Sagittarius will have permanent disadvantage in range compared to even basic archers?

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

What about additional (maybe researchable) aura for centurion that will affect only ranged roman units and will give +1 to attack and range?

As for auxillaries - they already are affected by at least 1 aura effect of centurion (thus they gain +1 both armors and +1 attack).
Also auxillaries and almost all roman units are affected by roman aenator who gives +1 speed for them (4 speed and 4/5 armor on roman legionaries, even in late game you must act carefully aganst them).

I am only thinking that romans require heavy type trainable cavalry.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 pm List of units without blacksmith upgrade as tested in latest version:

Celtic warrior
Roman archer
Legionary
Pretorian legionary
Spartan
Immortal
Atl atl
Mongolian horse archer
Yabusame
All roman auxiliary units
I am wondering about giving them benefits of blacksmith - well, certainly apart of roman units - it would go against the idea behind them.
Celts and Mongols are dangerous, becuase double attack, but maybe they could get bonus from second research, but not the first?
Yabusame has three attacks, but maybe the same rule, as celts and mongols wouldn't make it too OP.
Spartan has great stats already - if he were given full benefits of blacksmith - he would be closer to 7 turn unit again. So, again - maybe only 2nd researches?

Atl-atl and Immortal should be safe to give them that.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:44 pm What about additional (maybe researchable) aura for centurion that will affect only ranged roman units and will give +1 to attack and range?
I really like the idea.
That on the other hand - I wouldn't do.
Romans did not have heavy cavalry (well, most of ancients didn't).
Romans in AoS are supposed to have no heavy cavalry.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Thats true
They used to recruit men from occuped lands and form part of the roman army
Some known mounted units that rome used
Gallic cav
Elephants
Cantabric horsemen
Numidian
And eastern

Employed like mercenaries or auxilia(some of them)
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Endru1241 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 pm
That on the other hand - I wouldn't do.
Romans did not have heavy cavalry (well, most of ancients didn't).
Romans in AoS are supposed to have no heavy cavalry.
What about chariot than?
Melee only, 10 attack, 4 speed, is affected by both melee and generic auras of centurion as well as by roman aenator.

Also have auxillaries pike unit? Just wondering. If not they must have one.

Also i think that generic aura of centurion must affect all roman units with exeption of centurions while melee aura must affect all melee units of romans.
Ofc that also includes auxillaries.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Late game mongols and yabusame becomes almost useless because their range is too low and most players use heavy armored infantry where due to high p.armor, yabusame can only deal 1 dmg to foot knight

Also their speed advantage is greatly reduced by units like skirmisher horseman and 4 speed skirmishers

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There r already many units that can counter them so even with 2 action they r not that overpowered, if player has a ballista in wagon, they will b shredded

As for celtic warrior, max upgraded foot knight has 8 normal armor, so celtic would deal about 12 dmg, then die from just counter attack

Return to “Unit balancing”