Full Chaos: new fun mode for random maps

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
makazuwr32

Full Chaos: new fun mode for random maps

Post by makazuwr32 »

Full Chaos: new fun mode for multiplayer random maps.

In this fun mode each tc at start is captured by random player (but ofc total amount of captured tcs should be same for all payers; no neutral tcs) and with starting units inside each tc.

Just to make games a bit more weird and funny.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Re: Full Chaos: new fun mode for random maps

Post by Midonik »

That would be ridiculous. That's the point tho :lol: . Sounds fun.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

wat if my one tc ends up surrounded by 3 enemy tcs belonging to same player?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Poor luck. Sorry.

This game mode is not for equial fair fights. It is for chaotic unbalanced fights.

As for me this also will make rather interesting experience for fights when you must act quickly first few turns and decide what is more important - troops or tcs, this tc or that...
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat if in a 10v10 tcs game, his 10 tcs drive a wedge and split mine into 4 on one side and 6 on other? No matter wat u say, that is a disastrous disadvantage
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think it will not possible.

The main idea in it is to make randomly generated tcs at the map randomly captured by all players. All tcs will be randomly captured. And because this is random it will have rather low chance of the situation you've described (it is not 0% but for 20x20 map with 8-10 total tc count for 2 players chance of such map generation is approximately 0.25% or 1/400).

Ofc on small maps with minimal tc count there definately would be some problems with generation and problems you've described above.
But on bigger maps with higher tc count there won't be such problems (or if to be more correct chance of such problem would be so low that you can ignore that, same as you can ignore normal unupgraded archers' attacks on your full 2250 hp castle).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

@Endru1241 what do you think about this idea?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Thoat would be interesting - random starting conditions, but still normal stalrategical play.
But I wonder how to plan it to be random. Especially if one of the requirents (ewual number if tcs) limits it.
I could imagine algorithm:
1. Load the map, including pre-set tc positions
2. Generate the rest of tcs
3. Skip placing starting units.
4. Loop through all tcs
- assign each tc randomly
- calculate how much tcs each player should have
- randomly remove tcs above the number
- randomly assign remaining tcs among remaining players if needed.

The problem of randomness lies in exact formula of 4 algorithm part - e.g. how to list the tcs - by coordinates (from left to right in row, globally from up to bottom) or the order of creation? Or maybe just remove player from random assign list, when he reaches a limit?
I mean - if the algorithm would assign tcs by coordinates stopping assigning if player reached the limit, then almost all games would have those few remaining tcs in the right bottom corner.
If however the creation of tcs would be changed to fit the number to assign all at the start - similar problems (but probably even harder to descript) may arise.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”