Neutral 'Barracks' - Mercenary - adventurer's guild MERGED

Here talk about units and structures.
IMPORTANT!: Every unit type and structure type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new unit idea than open a new topic for it!
Alexander82

Re: Tavern/Adventurer Recruitment Hall

Post by Alexander82 »

I think they should be unique units non tiered and unaffected from smithing techs (as not all races have these)
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Agree that they should be non-affected by any techs but they should not be unique (i mean "unique" as "limited to 1 per player unit").
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Then the units it should produce is decided then
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:50 pm Agree that they should be non-affected by any techs but they should not be unique (i mean "unique" as "limited to 1 per player unit").
Yes,I meant they should not be units normally recruitable from any race
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Oh so its like the units are only exclusive in the building
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Maybe make it like the peasants in AoS where it is randomized but this time the unit is called the Adventurer but it is randomized between Warrior,Rogue,Magician,Shortbowman
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well we already have a image or two, and a couple units to use.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

About flavor I would like tavern units to stand a bit out of their races.

They might be renegades or adventurers that avoid being part of a army or units with a backstory that led them to become adventurers.

More in general no regular soldiers that could look awkward in a army made by an enemy race.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Understandable, make them unique and stand out.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Like warcraft where u could buy undead hero to use in elf army
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Exactly
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Don't we already have a few?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, yet they are a bit old designs
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Let's remake them then.
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Alexander82 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:34 pm About flavor I would like tavern units to stand a bit out of their races.

They might be renegades or adventurers that avoid being part of a army or units with a backstory that led them to become adventurers.

More in general no regular soldiers that could look awkward in a army made by an enemy race.
their backstory being that they look for glory and treasure or something like leaving their destroyed homeland that was destroyed by (any of the races) Also is the classes(warrior,magician,rogue,shortbowman) thing valid?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

That reminds me, since ther is already veteraning effect that takes kill count, we couldmake a new stat called experience that increases for each kill, and spells that require exp to reach a certain threshold. For lvl up we could have permanent stat increasing spells or auras
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that could work well for gdr maps if someone is willing to do them.
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Oh if this is gonna be a tavern or some sort of tavern it should have a Bard for support and this Bard can't attack or defend itself
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i think ranged units should need higher kill count than melee to level up

SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm i think ranged units should need higher kill count than melee to level up
I think this ranged unit should look like this

also the other ranged unit should be magical like a mage apprentice

for the point of being like an "outcast" of their race the mage apprentice should just me like an elf
Attachments
download (22).jpeg
download (22).jpeg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
download (21).jpeg
download (21).jpeg (7.05 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

New idea that might slighly change the concept of this building:Guilds/Alliances

These guilds produce unique units according to their respective guild and cannot be produced normally by other races

Guild of Dragonwill:warrior/knightly type adventurers(Symbol of their guild:Dragon/Fist)
Guild of Ravenshade:assassin/archer type adventurers(Symbol of their guild:a black bird/an eye of a hawk)
Guild of Elkmist:magical type adventurers(Symbol of their guild:an Elk/a runestone)

These adventurers can ONLY be recruited through the building and the player/AI can only choose 1 between the 3

These guilds are obtained like a research tech represented by their logo (its where the Symbols are used for and the symbols will not be on the unit's appearance) and a guildless tavern/guild hall can only produce Bards

How's that for a change? :)
SirLuciano

Re: Tavern/Adventurer Guild Hall

Post by SirLuciano »

changed title
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

SirLuciano wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:41 am
Guild of Dragonwill:warrior/knightly type adventurers(Symbol of their guild:Dragon/Fist)
Guild of Ravenshade:assassin/archer type adventurers(Symbol of their guild:a black bird/an eye of a hawk)
Guild of Elkmist:magical type adventurers(Symbol of their guild:an Elk/a runestone)
So I picked some races that will fit their racial skills for each guild but first I would like to ask is this guild idea interests any of you?

@Alexander82
@makazuwr32
@godOfKings
@General Brave
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Is this building built by players or is it neutral building randomly spawns on maps like tc? Ur idea is like being able to build one of 3 buildings: barracks, archery range and magic school and recruit units from them....

SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

I mean this tavern/guildplace can only be built once per player/AI and in the production it should make you choose only 1 between the 3 guilds and again it can only be built once because if you can build multiple and have access to all guilds it'd be kind of op.....for me at least

So if you build the building first it will be just an emty tavern/house/guildplace that can only produce supportive defenseless bards

Then

At the production you could choose between 3 banners which are the guilds

And then

After 3 or 4 turns the banner will be attached to the building becoming that guild's house with new appearances that fit to their liking
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

The guilds mainly determine what their class is if its wether warrior,ranger,rogue,mage and each of their stories should be randomized every new recruitment
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Sounds like a repeat of already existing unit roles...

Basically u make a single building that can transform into either barracks, or archery range+assassins or magic school, and there already exists similar buildings for every race including unique subraces

The idea that we have already more or less accepted is a neutral indestructible building where any race can send a money courier like unit to recruit a special unit that is more like a hero and could possibly grow stronger over time

Savra

Post by Savra »

Currently some of the neutral buildings can still be destroyed (the capturable ones) so that needs fixing. Or else this will end up in the same way probably.
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:53 pm Sounds like a repeat of already existing unit roles...

Basically u make a single building that can transform into either barracks, or archery range+assassins or magic school, and there already exists similar buildings for every race including unique subraces

The idea that we have already more or less accepted is a neutral indestructible building where any race can send a money courier like unit to recruit a special unit that is more like a hero and could possibly grow stronger over time
Then just a tavern then....well make sure to add supportive bards to it also it could have techs that can only apply to the adventurer unit like:Potions tech,Ale(for strengthening as they are a bit drunk from it)

Also are these adventurers gonna have only 1 look? Or are these asventurers gonna have different and randomized equipment like the peasants in AOS?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

One additional thing:
We wanted this guild to require for production money couriers and unable to produce units on its own.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Units & Structures (See Races for accepted Unit Races)”