Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

Puss_in_Boots

Re: Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The problem is, Doomcarrot ain't present for this.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Doomcarrot is still on vacation in the land of no internet somewhere.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Where he is working in his secret carrot farm to make his artificial super soldiers with which he shall win both valor and honour campaigns lol
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol sorry guys, I updated the map already like 3 days ago but forgot to post in the actual topic about it! :lol:

There is only one battle: Me vs brave. An Eastward expansion seems to be happening by every side, and we shall see if puss_in_boots and brave can stand tall in its tide....

I am still awaiting your pm for our game brave. Not your fault, I forgot to tell you I updated the map :oops:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Been very very busy, and I forgot to check pm for brave's game match because it took a long time lol. Hopefully we will get the game going this week and make fast progress on it now. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brave and I continue trying to grab as many tcs as we can. I think I have a distinct advantage here, especially in the West. Brave will be hard pressed to hold what foothold he can gain there, and will no doubt have to send many reinforcements to hold it, reinforcements which are many many turns away.

He made a mistake building an advancements center and siege workshop. I think he forgot that siege weaponry cannot move through forest. :)

I have chosen to go the Roman route, as I think I will have enough time to build a solid Roman expedition force before Brave starts becoming a threat.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

What do you mean, that's merely for defense? as long as I get the things from it I'll be fine.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol I can see rangers and spies
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol yeah brave didn't conceal his ranger
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

DoomCarrot wrote:Lol yeah brave didn't conceal his ranger
Maybe they should be stealthed by default I'd say, to avoid such mishaps. Of course, I still say they should benefit from blacksmith techs too.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

stealthed archers dealing 6 damage? a couple of these spammed together could suddenly atk and clear ur town of workers without ur knowledge, i find especially there mountain vlimbing skill very useful sometimes

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

When they are stealthed they do 4 damage i think.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Sunrises suggestion of blacksmith upgrades would make it 6

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

And 8 range which is really deadly.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

They do cost 4 turns though and are easily dispatched if you invest a turn or two in a scout bird or a spy
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If played right, players won't suspect u have a ranger, I once used a two pronged atk, sending a wagon from the front and capturing the tc from behind, he never guessed I had one, and I would never reveal my ranger without any place to keep them garrisoned like a tower or town

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

yes, rangers and all stelth units can be used very cleverly to great effect sometimes. They are one of those units that look worthless based on stats, but are very useful in actual gameplay. :)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Are you using them?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Maybe, maybe not :P

I know you are though.

And BtW, our game is going smoothly. I will try to post images later today. It is fairly even, and we are both still developing our gameplans, but it appears that our main strategies have revolved around me going all out romans, with Brave developing counter strategies and getting heavy billistae in place for an assault
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brave and I are still progressing well. My Roman army is starting to come together nicely, and brave seems to still be making good use of his assorted troops.

I own the ridge, which is an extremely significant advantage. I have setup some strong fortifications, and most of the conflicts have happened outside of my territory. I sent a legion of troops into the forest to tease Brave and test his defenses. So far, I am not impressed. He seems to be having difficulty mobolizing his main force near his capital. Probably due to natural barriers and his focus on siege weaponry, which has not kicked into full gear yet. I managed to destroy one of his factories.

Other ongoings and strategies I would like to monologue on, but I am not willing to share too much about my current plans right now.

You may judge for yourself:

Eastern conflict:

Western Conflict:

My capital:

Image photo uploading

His capital:

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The problem with auxiliaries is that archer, skirmisher and swordsman currently don't have any weakness, only horsemen have weakness in pikemen and voulgirs

This is the main reason that auxiliaries r so hard to kill with normal units, the dev forgot to put in proper bonuses against them

But I already reported so pretty soon auxiliaries will b brought back to the level of the commoners

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hm, I thought auxiliaries had the same weaknesses as other units of their type? That was the intention, at least.

But even with bonuses, auxiliaries are tough if used right. With centurion and drummer bonuses, they are extremely mobile and hard hitting. Ballistae is the best defense against my strategy, so it is not surprising that he is focusing on getting them to strategic defensive positions.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not only, good cavalry and poison archers with blacksmith upgrades are good as well.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

well, I have enough templars to nullify the advantage poison archers could give him. Cavalry are useful, yes, but I also have halberdiers, and a defensive enough situation to make good use of them. Plus, my halberdiers also benefit from my centurions and drummers, giving them a significant advantage over any cavalry he throws at me.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well when i battled with Constantin he used only artillery and fire/poison archers in one game.
And when half of your army (or even more - whole) os poisoned it is really hard to fight.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

makazuwr32 wrote:Well when i battled with Constantin he used only artillery and fire/poison archers in one game.
And when half of your army (or even more - whole) os poisoned it is really hard to fight.
Artillery?
Homo homini lupus
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

General Brave is being beaten back badly. I nearly have double points now. If he does not make a formal retreat, he will soon be defeated.

I expect victory in T-5 turns. Either that or an honorable retreat from the white fields.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

seeing doom carrot's return i started reading the comments here lol :lol: brings back a lot of memories, wonder if we still have all the members left to continue

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Actually, crazy as it is, I think everyone from this is still around. And I happened to find the maps and trophy on my old computer :)

I updated the OP again, based on the last turn of the campaign. If I remember right, General Brave was losing really badly, but I can't remember if we ever finished or if he retreated or what lol. I would be down for a rematch with him if he is still up for it :lol:
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Without me though:
1. I've lost;
2. I did not play into aos for very long time and it has got quite a bunch of changes which i am not ready to learn yet.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Championship”