The Phantom Update

Savra

Re: The Phantom Update

Post by Savra »

I should probably exploit the overseer to the phantoms colour scheme because right now it looks off.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Very well, anyways will be arriving finally the crossbow perhaps the Giant.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Yes, plz both the crossbowmen and giant they are needed. (Especially the juggernaut, since it would effectively be the undeads first siege unit that doesn't have vanishing.)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The crossbowman will be put in. The juggernaut is not on my plans.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 am Sure. There is actually many people asking for that... But for now, will be 6 elite units produceable like the others races beside imperials.

- The Shielded Axeman
- The Shielded Spearman
- The Swordmaster (perhaps a new img?)
- The Crusher (the img of the current will be changed to the hammer one)
- The Crossbowman
- The Juggernault

Alex and Maka told me that they will receive a new mechanic that will give them a special trait. It will be tested, then later, after everything got set with that... It would be possible to extend them, but currently 6 will be the number...
That's not what I heard here, either way the phantom juggernaut would be a great addition cause golems don't last very long and undead need a strong siege unit that has good armour when facing enemies like the dwarves and orcs. Undead are capable of achieving such feets as making giant, living suites of armour just as well as making normal ones. If the question is that would it be too powerful if it were able to be reanimatable, think again. The enemies that are likely to defeat this mindless automaton would most likely be melee and they simply could just step on the remains and desecrate it, making it unusable anymore. It could also have a cost of 10 for the undeads as well (with maybe a boost to health).

I've checked this and undead wouldn't be too powerful if they had the juggernaut, they could almost compete with max tier uruks actually if they had the juggernaut, crossbowmen, and bull knight. The overseer helps a bit too but I don't plan to have it ready yet.

(You can just skip the list below since that gives the general idea of who has bonuses against giants, skip to the next paragraph)

If I remember correctly the imperial drake knight, and drake knight has bonuses to giants, and the singer also has bonuses to giants, (it would be nice if catapults, and trebuchets had bonuses to them as well as no miss chance against them, since it isn't hard to hit something the size of the castle itself) elves can get the glade keeper who has bonuses to giants, caragor riders, wolf riders, squig riders, dwarves mortermen, dwarven battle zeppelin (has a big bonus), dwarven defender, dwarven berserker, even current scaledfolks have some which are the hydra, gray dragon, highborn kobald macemen, kobald lady, kobald emperor, snakemen dual swordsmen, green dragon, kobald slinger.

The only races that don't have anti giant units yet are undead and elves, but undead can compensate with spells, and elves have some coming.

All together, it's not going to be too op for undead to get a phantom juggernaut, since every race can actually kill it if you use your units correctly.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Undeads will get later proper melee and ranged siege (ranged one will have range up to 10).
And i must admit that melee siege i think could become best among melee siege units (if do not count giants).

Blade singer has no bonus to giants.

Currently only units who have bonus to giants are:
1. Regular and imperial drake knights (25% and 100% bonus)
2. Human slinger (100% bonus)
3. Wolf rider (50% bonus)
4. Squig rider (50% bonus)
5. Caragor rider (50% bonus)

Other units who have accepted and finalized stats do not have any bonus to giants.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

If I'm not mistaken, the ranged siege requires a sacrifice right?

Anyway, this juggernaut would still be perfect for undead, it's almost like giving them an olog hai, except without the high attack, high armour, and regeneration... But it would still be useful.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes. Several skeletons who could be raised from corpses.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Is it burnable?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes it will like for example trebushet. But faster than trebushet as well.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

It has its plus and minuses, but I still would like to see the juggernaut get in despite these new siege units, just so undead got a little extra punch.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:56 pm
DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 am Sure. There is actually many people asking for that... But for now, will be 6 elite units produceable like the others races beside imperials.

- The Shielded Axeman
- The Shielded Spearman
- The Crossbowman
- The Juggernault

Alex and Maka told me that they will receive a new mechanic that will give them a special trait. It will be tested, then later, after everything got set with that... It would be possible to extend them, but currently 6 will be the number...
That's not what I heard here, either way the phantom juggernaut would be a great addition cause golems don't last very long and undead need a strong siege unit that has good armour when facing enemies like the dwarves and orcs. Undead are capable of achieving such feets as making giant, living suites of armour just as well as making normal ones. If the question is that would it be too powerful if it were able to be reanimatable, think again. The enemies that are likely to defeat this mindless automaton would most likely be melee and they simply could just step on the remains and desecrate it, making it unusable anymore. It could also have a cost of 10 for the undeads as well (with maybe a boost to health).

I've checked this and undead wouldn't be too powerful if they had the juggernaut, they could almost compete with max tier uruks actually if they had the juggernaut, crossbowmen, and bull knight. The overseer helps a bit too but I don't plan to have it ready yet.

(You can just skip the list below since that gives the general idea of who has bonuses against giants, skip to the next paragraph)

If I remember correctly the imperial drake knight, and drake knight has bonuses to giants, and the singer also has bonuses to giants, (it would be nice if catapults, and trebuchets had bonuses to them as well as no miss chance against them, since it isn't hard to hit something the size of the castle itself) elves can get the glade keeper who has bonuses to giants, caragor riders, wolf riders, squig riders, dwarves mortermen, dwarven battle zeppelin (has a big bonus), dwarven defender, dwarven berserker, even current scaledfolks have some which are the hydra, gray dragon, highborn kobald macemen, kobald lady, kobald emperor, snakemen dual swordsmen, green dragon, kobald slinger.

The only races that don't have anti giant units yet are undead and elves, but undead can compensate with spells, and elves have some coming.

All together, it's not going to be too op for undead to get a phantom juggernaut, since every race can actually kill it if you use your units correctly.
It is not for "being op" I simply don't think phantoms should get giant type units.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, that's the thing though, they are no more then ghosts that possessed suites of armour to fight. The juggernaut is a special case were they just made a larger suit to aid in laying siege to a city. Primarily to breach the walls so the other troops can take the castle.

But, I do understand what your getting at.

In the end though, I guess you do get final say on this subject so if you don't want it then I guess I'll drop it there.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alexander82 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 am
Savra wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:56 pm

- The Shielded Axeman
- The Shielded Spearman
- The Crossbowman
- The Juggernault

It is not for "being op" I simply don't think phantoms should get giant type units.
Well, if the juggernaut is not to their style like you say it is then how about a fell wing? I remember making a topic about it a while back but never got around to finishing it so I plan to just make it a phantom counterpart to the imperial drake knight except it only has one ability and that's scream.

How's this basically.
Attachments
Phantom Fellwing knight.png
Phantom Fellwing knight.png (3.21 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
Fallen fellwing rider.png
Fallen fellwing rider.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

Of your wondering what happened to the fellwing in the corpse image, it's a familiar, so on death it disappears but on being revived the phantom summons it back again, somewhat how the bull knight might work. I got the idea from my ghost kraken topic though I might just change its name to just kraken or kraken familiar.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Basically stats will be:
ImageImage
Phantom fellwing knight:
Cost:10
Hp:75
Attack:22
P.rng:2
Rng:1
Sight:8
Spd:6
Arm:4
P.arm:4
Res:100%
Abilities:
Scream: rng:6

Bonuses:
100% dragons
100% animals plants
100% giants
Last edited by Savra on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Updated.

Btw, I forgot to mention these would be for after the undead update and dwarf update.
Attachments
Fallen overseer.png
Fallen overseer.png (880 Bytes) Viewed 2541 times
Phantom Overseer.png
Phantom Overseer.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that a mounted unit defy the concept of phantoms as animated armors
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Since the Phantoms are about possessed equipment why not add a possessed sword (or other possessed weapons)like just a floating weapon that can kill you but they are like the glass cannon
High damage but Very Low health
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
Savra

Post by Savra »

The thing about phantoms is that they are corporeal beings that possessed suites of armour, being that they are corporeal beings though means they can make use of other corporeal beings as well.

Familiars are one of these that accompany some of them. But if you insist on the armour part I can always bring the juggernaut back up again.

Besides that, cavalry are a necessity for them. Both the bull knight and fellwing would help them out, but they wouldn't make them too op since they can be easily dealt with by spearmen. The fellwing would make fighting giants easier. Also the overseer helps a little but all together they can hold up to it uruks xp 3 (uruks still win but phantoms come close).
Savra

Post by Savra »

The living armour part is just the phantoms themselves anyway, not the mounts. Just like imperials mounts don't effect them, and uruks mounts (isengard uruks who ride caragors from mordor) don't effect them much of the olog hai who are also from mordor (I guess though in the end they technically did become a part of mordor after isengard fell and the remaining uruks either turned rebel or joined up with the mordor forces).

Mounts won't change them in the end, to sum it all up basically.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Updated stats.
Phantom overseer:
ImageImage
Cost:8
Hp:70
Atk:20
Rng:1
Sight:4
Spd:3
Arm:4
P.arm:4
Res:100%
Abilities:
Dark allegiance: all phantoms gain +1 to attack.
Bonuses:
150% battering rams
100% melee, buildings
200% fortifications
50% siege machines
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

@Savra do possessed weapons count as a unit?(I mean just the weapons floating)or is this just about possessed armors?
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
Savra

Post by Savra »

🤔

They might. But they might work as a summon for a unit.

Might be an idea for the phantoms or for a normal undead mages summon. Though it would be interesting for phantoms to use this ability. 8-)tier

Btw, when trying to contact somebody, try clicking back over the person's name and it should list their name in a blue box, just click on that name in blue and it should look like this:
@SirLuciano
Last edited by Savra on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Then the floating weapons should have 2-4 vanishing
Savra

Post by Savra »

It should probably also deduct the units attack too since their summoning their weapon, with a cool. It's up to @Alexander82.
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Yeah fair enough,the glass cannon thing seems too much huh?

Maybe make its vanishing into 5?
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

@Savra any floating/possessed weapon sprites? I'm interested :D
Savra

Post by Savra »

I was thinking about it earlier on today and remembered a certain vampire who this could work for. I planned to make a topic about him later but this could be a summon for him.
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

:shock: I'm intrigued

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”