Mapeditor related

Here u see a list of coding related suggestions to be priorized - we can tell what the community needs the most to be coded

Mapeditor related

[IMPLEMENTED]test button viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4025
4%
trigger randomize viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2729
8%
Patrolling in an area - u can set unit to walk up and down in are and not leave unless attacked/enemy presence (useful in mapeditor for campaigns) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2675
32%
AND/OR/NOT trigger conditions viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2409
12%
unit categorization in select dialogs viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2368
No votes
Inherit things from other map viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2334
16%
[IMPLEMENTED]Trigger editor: select units/techs as u select in production list (icon+name)
16%
Able to set unit stats (name, hp, power ...) via a unit properties dilaog (not only via triggers)
8%
Set TC allowed production possibilities via dialog not only via triggers
No votes
Let units be placed in buildings/ships right in mapeditor
4%

Total votes: 25

godOfKings

Re: Mapeditor related

Post by godOfKings »

in triggers where we select object type, there should b an option to type in the name and the game automatically searches for and shows the names of units matching the name i typed (if it is kept empty then game show all names like it is now)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

[IMPLEMENTED]Trigger editor: select units/techs as u select in production list (icon+name)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

This Forum needs an @everyone just so we can get people to change their votes.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

considering the patrolling trigger, i actually found a way to make an enemy move to a location i want it to move, place a neutral building unit in that location (and may b use triggers to make the enemy move wen u want it to move) using this trick, i made it that in next campaign map an enemy scout will naturally move to enemy headquarters and alert them if u dont stop him in time :) (sorry it was so awesome that i couldnt keep it secret :D even though players are supposed to find out after getting discovered and restarting the map a few times :twisted: )

alkabart

Renaming unit not on turn zero start mapeditor related

Post by alkabart »

I looked in the game for a trigger that would allow me to rename a unit that enters the game after the start. For example, renaming a space marine unit created on turn 3 to "CAPT Ahab", if there is a way already to rename a late entering unit, I am sorry I didn't find it, and I would like to know how. Thank you. AOG
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

how is that entering late? spawned by triggers? if so you can place it on game start and just move to that location instead of spawning.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Trained at turn 23 in factory.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:02 am Trained at turn 23 in factory.
how? how would u know player will train it on 23th turn? i dont understand, i need a complete description of the case and the request/problem to be solved.

Return to “Needs, priorities - Which way would you like the roadmap?”