Mercenary camps

SirPat

Mercenary camps

Post by SirPat »

A Camp Can be built be laborer and worker

2housing space
Low hp

And can train Mercenaries
acts like a factory that has limited comstructions but is seperated from other factories
At the start build limit for camps are 3 camps and increases limit by 1 per castle built
Is it possible to code?

And Im still reaserching about other Mercenaries to be trained by this camp some examples are Celtic Greek and also germanic mercenaries Ill hust learn about them for a few days

Use

When you're going to war build these clise to the battlefield or nearby enemy base to easily train reinforcements
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Mercenary camps

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Possible? Yes. But worthwhile?
OLÉ
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

What other mercenaries would this add? Only from tje greek/roman era? Or beyond?
~Gral.Sturnn
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I was planning every mercenary types through out th ages so even The Celts as mercenaries til the end of late medieval period

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

I'd like some Neutral mercenary camps what are generated along TCs
-far from starting point and few (1-2 max depending map size)
and train neutral units (what wander wander around camp) what you can convert with couriers.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
L4cus

Tabern-mercenaries reclute center

Post by L4cus »

A place where warriors from every nation wait for who do a contract with them at an acceptable price. I thnk tabern would be a good name.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Yes [*]L4cus I know you have plenty of mercenary ideas so send us all of your ideas to increase the number of mercenaries in game :D

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

SirPat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am Yes [*]L4cus I know you have plenty of mercenary ideas so send us all of your ideas to increase the number of mercenaries in game :D
Where should i post it? I will need help for the design of sprites
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

L4cus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm
SirPat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 am Yes [*]L4cus I know you have plenty of mercenary ideas so send us all of your ideas to increase the number of mercenaries in game :D
When coming with new unit idea - first look at existing ones in proper subforum of New upgrades.
When nothing similar exists - create new topic.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:10 pm
L4cus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm
When coming with new unit idea - first look at existing ones in proper subforum of New upgrades.
When nothing similar exists - create new topic.
Thnx
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

One question: Would it make sense for a camp to facilitate the trade of money for arms?

A post office would be more aesthetically unique than a buildable camp and would "in an imaginary plane" hire arms for sale. It could also produce money couriers as they are the only units that can sustain their demand.
OLÉ
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Nice Idea Puss I totally agree with that but what would it be called??? and i agree with the money courier trainable there

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Post office might sound too modern, so I think "Postal Exchange" would be a more fitting name for a building.
OLÉ
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

ssound better

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

What about gild?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

I made a suggestion with a similar name but different concept....I need to see what the other guys gonna suggest if the name "Guild" will be here or in my topic but for me mercenary camps sounds kinda better
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

SirLuciano wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:30 pm I made a suggestion with a similar name but different concept....I need to see what the other guys gonna suggest if the name "Guild" will be here or in my topic but for me mercenary camps sounds kinda better
Put the link of your topic
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

https://www.androidutils.com/forum/view ... 591439f9f1

You could also suggest here and you can also correct some wrong stuff
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

For me camps don't make structural sense. Camps are made for quick and temporary shelter before armies face off. They are not used for recruitment or paying armies like in government owned institutions. Postal exchange could branch off and splinter into more uses like researching the writing tech, while a camp is just a camp, doesn't do anything special.

Edit: A guild during medieval era was defined as an association of workers with specific skills.
OLÉ
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Mercenary Fort?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:10 am For me camps don't make structural sense. Camps are made for quick and temporary shelter before armies face off. They are not used for recruitment or paying armies like in government owned institutions. Postal exchange could branch off and splinter into more uses like researching the writing tech, while a camp is just a camp, doesn't do anything special.
In AoS we have two kinds of resources time and building limits. Building a camp can be understood as sacrificing some resources, which normally goes into other buildings to employ mercenary company (or earlier some lord or leader of group of people).
As mercenaries are (by the nature of their doings) always temporary they do not build offices, but only organize camps.
So this would mean, that normally one can only hire most common mercenaries and by employing them specifically (building a camp) - access to more specialized/better soldiers of fortune is allowed.
Training money couriers would still make sense there.

Post office is too modern - it's the thing of 17th century. Even first posted couriers existed sometime around late 16th cent.
Age of Strategy design leader
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

not sure if this has been mentioned, but in world of warcraft for example, taverns are neutral structures that any player can have access to regardless of team. obviuosly in Aos they would need to act as Tcs.
~Gral.Sturnn
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Then how about Make it just like in Warcraft(btw I LOVE warcraft) have it generate automatically then when you send a unit beside it you can open up its UI like assassin ability but you cant claim the building and only moneycouriers can enter and uses it as a money value and you can train mercenary units inside

Return to “Structures”