New effect demoralize IMPLEMENTED

Morningwarrior

New effect demoralize IMPLEMENTED

Post by Morningwarrior »

This effectand the opposite of high morale, this worsens infantry unit status, -1 damage -1 armor / p.armor.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: New effect desmoralize

Post by Endru1241 »

*demoralize

Good idea imho. The only question is - what kind of units could have this aura.
Age of Strategy design leader
Belosteel

Re: New effect demoralize

Post by Belosteel »

In a history stand of view soldier's that are scary looking like the Vikings will fit it perfectly.
Or organised nation's like the roman army but imo they are pretty good already.

It we go with the Viking race or soldier's that were described as fearful looking in history, maybe rename demoralise to fear or intimidating so it matches their character?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Nordic unit!
That's right - nordic hall could have additional one trained.
Idea - Superior axe thrower, which costs more and has demoralizing aura.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Is better to add this ability in viking berserk.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

That would need total change of berserk - ergo new topic.
But it fits perfectly.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Fear(demoralize) whatever
Should be added to all shock troops like the berzerkers
Polish Hussars
And i dont know any other shock troop in game
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

And maybe add this effect in some cavalry,but i guess have no bonus to spear units,because spear units aren't doing much damage, and putting that effect on some cavalry can be a little off balance.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

but still spear units are infantry ... this should be further debated, or spear units do not gain this disadvantage or have this disadvantage , but only by foot units (infantry). And the reason is that he has nothing to fear, he has a weapon that almost instantly kills cavalry ... is a good explanation, and perhaps there need be no further debate on this issue.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Actually in real life horses are afraid of spears, pikes and other polearms cause they are aware that they can die horses don't charges idiotically to pikemen and that is an example of psychological warfare which is connected to fear and shock troops. So I propose a change since we're gonna have fear to shock troops that will make enemy infantry afraid and weak about also give more units camel fear like give every polearm something like camel fear but -5 dmg is too much about make it -4 or -3 dmg so but the effect will be 1-2 range only and name it Spear Fear and maybe this only applies when you learned reach cause horses only fear pikes when it is aiming to them thats why lancers dont have a hard problem with there horses. Horses are smart enough to know that if he goes to this spear pointing to him, he would die
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Unless horse is trained extensively to trust rider.
By experience for example.
Real Winged Husaria had lances longer than most pikes!
Imagine spear infantry trying to reach them.
Horses new this by experience and charged even against wall of pointy ends (it was actually riders which stopped the charge if enemy had too long pikes/to much arqebuses), but that was most expensive, elite unit.
In normal case that is true.
Morningwarrior

Re: New effect demoralize ACCEPTED

Post by Morningwarrior »

I very happy my sugestion is ACCEPT,thanks for atetion endru.🧡🧡🧡
Endru1241

Re: New effect demoralize IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

For now Viking Berserk has low morale aura.
Lynx Shafir

Re: New effect demoralize IMPLEMENTED

Post by Lynx Shafir »

I wanted a similar effect for senator.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside

Return to “Techs”