Age of Modern Warfare

Alpha

Age of Modern Warfare

Post by Alpha »

Self explanatory, this is for modern warfare, like regular foot soldiers with m16's etc.
Epic Gamer Moment!
IRONBLASTER36

Re: Age of Modern Warfare

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Well I thought about this and was going to create a topic with same name and same concept.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Well here's my idea.
We can aim to include most armed units of today's nation.
But including all of them would be very time consuming, we'll start with the top 10 strongest nations (top priority-top 5 nations). We'll add all of their army, naval and air assets. Well we'll attract a lot of people, since there is game which does this kind of strategy. It'll be the one which will start this new type. We'll have a headstart. It'll be even more successful than Aoww. Since it is not first of it's kind. Well but the modern one would be first of it's kind. And well I can actively help in this field, because that's my field of expertise. But we'll need to put in lots of resources in this game, because there are tons of such units. I can elaborate a lot in this, but this is the base/core idea.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Promotion tip: we can add Indian, Pakistani Chinese army units as priority. Especially the India-Pak thing attracts a lot of people. Means about a billion users will be dragged into it!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

IRONBLASTER36 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:20 pm Well here's my idea.
But including all of them would be very time consuming, we'll start with the top 10 strongest nations (top priority-top 5 nations). We'll add all of their army, naval and air assets. Well we'll attract a lot of people, since there is game which does this kind of strategy. It'll be the one which will start this new type. We'll have a headstart. It'll be even more successful than Aoww. Since it is not first of it's kind. Well but the modern one would be first of it's kind. And well I can actively help in this field, because that's my field of expertise. But we'll need to put in lots of resources in this game, because there are tons of such units. I can elaborate a lot in this, but this is the base/core idea.
Nice I like it
Im not coming. Im impending
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:41 pm
IRONBLASTER36 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:20 pm Well here's my idea.
Nice I like it
And moreover that's my area of expertise! I am a keen political observer and a military enthusiast! Anyone who knows more about this, we can form a group and discuss more about it.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

We should start with USA, China, Russia, Germany, and UK.

Definitely my top 5 in modern military strength.

The other 5 should be France, Japan, Italy, South Korea, and India.
OLÉ
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I was wondering will there be unique aspects (ie.nation unique units/bonuses/techs) that will make you choose diffrent nations over ones with lets say superior weapons?
Im not coming. Im impending
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:29 pm We should start with USA, China, Russia, Germany, and UK.

Definitely my top 5 in modern military strength.

The other 5 should be France, Japan, Italy, South Korea, and India.
Nope, Germany isn't that powerful right now in the military, it's ranked 10. Italy is out of top 10.
While France is ranked 5th. India is 4th. Japan is 6th.

Plus for more publicity and more downloads we can focus on these countries:
Usa
China
India
Russia
France
Japan

And Pakistan. India vs Pakistan sells a lot, you'll catch a lot more attention. We can focus on enemy nations of very populous country, this attracts users.

And yep here is the source
https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Typhoon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:30 pm I was wondering will there be unique aspects (ie.nation unique units/bonuses/techs) that will make you choose diffrent nations over ones with lets say superior weapons?
Very small bonus not much, nowadays it's more about the tech they have.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Not too far off.
My reason for putting Germany while its army is not the top threat is mostly for their weaponry that will make them very powerful in game format, like leopard2a7s.

Since modern isn't exclusively present time, how about using weapons and infantry from after 1945 to current day? To include historic events such as Cold War, Korean War, Vietnam War, Operation Desert Storm, Hungarian Uprising, and Chinese Revolution.

They may not be reached by AoWW alone.
OLÉ
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:25 pm Not too far off.
My reason for putting Germany while its army is not the top threat is mostly for their weaponry that will make them very powerful in game format, like leopard2a7s.

Since modern isn't exclusively present time, how about using weapons and infantry from after 1945 to current day? To include historic events such as Cold War, Korean War, Vietnam War, Operation Desert Storm, Hungarian Uprising, and Chinese Revolution.

They may not be reached by AoWW alone.
Great I guess we should do that but, let Aoww be till 1950-1960, since not much of technological advancement took place at that time period.
While Germany is good we should make it secondary, since it went silent after the ww2. Well they do have technology but they are not war proven (by war, I really mean war not some small battle/skirmish). It didn't see action plus it isn't also widely produced. Eg: M1 Abraham is war proven, Arjun Main Battle Tank, T 90, T72, challenger 2, T84, etc they are war proven, most active countries in after ww2 were US, USSR, India, Pakistan, China, SK, NK, Japan (though not much, but can be considered) and Israel.

Here's the source
1945-1989
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... %80%931989
1920-2002
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... %80%932002
2002-present

Germany doesn't seem to be part of any and note that you may see many other countries but their contribution is not that much, we've to focus on countries with major contributions.

other honorable mention
UN peacekeeping forces, Japan, Iran-Iraq-Syria-Afghanistan (they are mostly defeated parties), Turkey.

Sorry to say but Germany and UK (well it did support though, but not the main one neither major supporter)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

While there were no historical use of German armored vehicles. I would still be disappointed in not being able to use them. We only do need specifications of vehicles to make stats for them.

Right now I'm thinking we should start with US and Russia first, then add in Chinese and French units. South Korea, Isreal, and Iran wouldn't be bad for next choices.

When Race building in a game(specifically with this game's engine) you usually have to think about what factions players want to use and how they want them to work to envelope them in some form of immersion.
OLÉ
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:09 pm While there were no historical use of German armored vehicles. I would still be disappointed in not being able to use them. We only do need specifications of vehicles to make stats for them.

Right now I'm thinking we should start with US and Russia first, then add in Chinese and French units. South Korea, Isreal, and Iran wouldn't be bad for next choices.

When Race building in a game(specifically with this game's engine) you usually have to think about what factions players want to use and how they want them to work to envelope them in some form of immersion.
Great, we surely can and will add Germany but that's not the priority let's add Us, Russia, China and India first.
China had lots of skirmishes and India had 6 (3 full scale war, rest small scale, but even in small scale thousands died) war after it's independence till 2000, plus they also have/had some very cool indigenous planes, vehicles, etc. We can add some very exceptionally good units from other non-primary countries but as a standalone, means only that unit.

Well I've thought of an Idea for the era thing.
We'll keep some limit on the map editor.
Eg:1950-1970
1970-1990
1990-2000
2000-present
Why this? Because if we keep it like industry lvl thing in Aoww it would be unbalanced. Remember Aoww had a short span focused, while this is a very large topic/span. 1950 tech vs 1990 tech would be a bitunbalanced, and maybe we can keep add an option for to adjacent eras at time, eg:1950-70 and 1970-90, 1990-2000 & till present. Because they use tanks, planes which are 20-40 years old, since no very extremely large scale war was going on, unlike ww the arms race kinda slowed down. Even today F-18 and F-16 are used by USAF itself let alone it's buyers. But we cannot give to much liberty, imagine a 1950 plane vs a modern 5th gen plane? Extreme imbalance!

And then in these eras we'll have small divisions like in Aoww.
Eg:1950-1970:-
1. Industry lvl 1 (1950-55)
2. Industry lvl 2 (1955-60)
3. Industry lvl 3 (1960-65)
4. Industry lvl 4 (1965-70)

Each era will have these, about 4 for each. It'll need some heavy coding though!

What's your say?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It sounds pretty interesting, seems like beginning in the cord War era.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

General Brave wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:42 am It sounds pretty interesting, seems like beginning in the cord War era.
Yep, but what date to start from? Any suggestion?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

1950s to present.
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Somewhere around the beginning or the mid of the Cold War to about the present perhaps.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Not sure on this
Since Clearly even in top 10 certain countries couldn't compete with others unless we plan to nerf some nations for balance?

Also Tech and money should Probarly be the main focus of this era when it comes to War

Side note: If modern America don't they ( we ) have Trillions of dollars invested in military?
I always figured if we were to fall it'll be by us with all the crap happening right now
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Actually

Please do NOT make all countries on same playing field.
It doesn't make sense, which in other words balance should not be a thing here
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Tankhead wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:27 am Actually

Please do NOT make all countries on same playing field.
It doesn't make sense, which in other words balance should not be a thing here
We surely can give the options but, we won't accept any maps which seems unbalanced.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Im not talking about maps
Im talking about playing style.

Some styles should be harders than others cause military and power in some countries are stronger than others
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Tankhead wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:10 pm Im not talking about maps
Im talking about playing style.

Some styles should be harders than others cause military and power in some countries are stronger than others
I think I can help with the campaigns or maps
From the Cold War to the present:
Arab- Israeli War
Chinese Civil War
Korean War
Suez Crisis
Bay of Pigs Invasion
Vietnam War
Indo- Pakistani War
War on Afghanistan
Iran- Iraq War
War on ISIS
The war is inevitable! But what if....
Wolf283

Post by Wolf283 »

Honestly you would want Israel as a faction in this idea as they are a defensive offence nation and have a very advanced military because of constant military engagements.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

So, how will you define it's gameplay. As you know AOW became a melee game where everything besides ships are melee?

If a newer is made would a fighter jets fly across the map at 1 turn? Would they have like AA rockets that will come from the other side of the map? Or ships with ballistic missile that will destroy the whole map.

Well obviously that's sarcastic but kinda true at the same time.

So, how will AOMW change the fighting style of AOW?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Not everything besides the ships is melee - artillery, AA artillery, some of AT artillery are ranged as well. For missiles, I feel like 6 range (the same I'm using for ballistic missile launchers in AoG) outclasses most of other range enough to represent missiles' range advantage over conventional artillery.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
ZakTheBuilder1
Location: From boats of runaways to the #1 military in the world

Post by ZakTheBuilder1 »

Where is iron buster? I believe his dream has come to reality...
AoWW, AoMW, AoV Graphic Designer

Like History
Like Rock
Listen to Sabaton
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

It has been two years already. :cry:
It's quite funny how many of the things said here happened and also didn't happen.
Thank you for everyone's continuous support!! :D
The war is inevitable! But what if....

Return to “New variant ideas”