Snakeman can't swim - ANSWERED

Ragnar

Snakeman can't swim - ANSWERED

Post by Ragnar »

You know, it’s very annoying that they can’t swim; no, I understand that you are changing lizards, but still
Alexander82

Re: Snakeman can't swim

Post by Alexander82 »

Cause they were never meant to swim (lizards were instead).

Anyway at the moment scalefolk race should be considered non functional and will be totally remade so it is strongly suggested not to use it for online games.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:00 pm Cause they were never meant to swim (lizards were instead).

Anyway at the moment scalefolk race should be considered non functional and will be totally remade so it is strongly suggested not to use it for online games.
then I ask you to quickly introduce at least half of the new lizards
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We won't be adding more scalefolks units until we won't finalize dwarves
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:37 pm We won't be adding more scalefolks units until we won't finalize dwarves
I hope that soon you will finish the work with the dwarves
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

we are doing as faster as we can
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I must admit that after dwarves we are going to implement few big changes to AoF and update undeads and only after that we will probably work on scalefolks.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes but I think most of these things will be made contextually (since I don't want to do 2 times the same work :D )
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes. Probably firstly dwarves, than undeads, than those 2 huge updates to whole aof mechanic at once.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:55 pm Yes but I think most of these things will be made contextually (since I don't want to do 2 times the same work :D )
I wish you patience and health in the upcoming work
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:55 pm Yes but I think most of these things will be made contextually (since I don't want to do 2 times the same work :D )
and yet I think that the serpentine creatures (nagas) should be able to swim as it was in warcraft
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If we will have nagas they will be able to swim. But not snakemen.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:44 am If we will have nagas they will be able to swim. But not snakemen.
so here the whole problem is that the snakes took away the bonus of walking on water because of which they became simply useless in campaigns
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think you can edit maps giving units waterwalking but when nagas will be in they will fill their specific role.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:46 pm I think you can edit maps giving units waterwalking but when nagas will be in they will fill their specific role.
if I could encode games ...... well, think about it because these units had more sense in water than on land, you can still return this ability to them anyway, much will not change from this and in the campaigns they will become useful again I ask you
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We don't even know what scalefolks in general would be, what stats would they have and such. And you ask about making them useful for campains?

Campains are considered secondary in this game (at least in terms of balancing and such) especially because they always can be modified and updated.
Main role is playing here multiplayer and thus all balance is made around multiplayet games.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 pm We don't even know what scalefolks in general would be, what stats would they have and such. And you ask about making them useful for campains?

Campains are considered secondary in this game (at least in terms of balancing and such) especially because they always can be modified and updated.
Main role is playing here multiplayer and thus all balance is made around multiplayet games.
but how to make diamonds for the improvements that are needed for a multiplayer game I didn’t say either against future changes, I just ask you to return the kites to the water, since they are useless on land and that's it
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If they are useless on land now doesn't mean that they will be always useless on land as merlocks.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

They already have 50% extra movement on sand tiles.

They will be useful on that kind of maps
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:42 pm They already have 50% extra movement on sand tiles.

but give them at least a small radius of movement on the water because they are snakes and they can swim
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Alexander82 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:42 pm They already have 50% extra movement on sand tiles.

All snakes swim perfectly. And anaconda in general spend most of their lives in water. Already hunts fish and frogs. ... One of the snakes that cannot swim is the Angolan cobra, it is simply physically incapable of swimming.
Alexander82

Re: Snakeman can't swim - ANSWERED

Post by Alexander82 »

Humans can swim, that doesn't mean we should give a soldier waterwalking.

As I told you snakes in game are from a desert setting and aren't meant to be water units.

Please also remember what I told you about the race. It is better not to use it as it is considered not functional.

You'll be able to adjust campaigns when it will be properly implemented

Return to “Archived - Units and Buildings - General Forum”