version v0.110

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version v0.110

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version v0.109 is published
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version v0.110

Post by Stratego (dev) »

New tutorial map:For the very first steps in the game
New units:
US Seaplane PBY5
German Seaplane BV238
Russian Seaplane MBR2
In Mapeditor Japanese submarine aircraft carrier I400
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new units
Stuka JU78
M18 Hellcat upgrade
M36 Jackson upgrade

New Campaign:Fog of Way by general Nagster

uos 10
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please dev version owners feedback me if i can publish these changes, are they working ok.
thanks!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Things look fine to me.

Japanese submarine submerge will sink all planes that were carried in it's surfaced form, which makes sense because planes would not be carryable underwater.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that is still weird... should figure out smh.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Weird that a submerged carrier destroys planes that were on it? It's not like they'd leave the runway let alone turn on after the engine has been underwater.
OLÉ
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Yep, that's weird, units inside the carrier will vanish when transforming... Also, it can store new units when submerged, looks like the planes are entering underwater to dock on the sub :lol:
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:18 pm Weird that a submerged carrier destroys planes that were on it? It's not like they'd leave the runway let alone turn on after the engine has been underwater.
i mean you should not be able to press the button that case
or at least make planes destroyed properly - now no triggers and nothing called - just vanishes, but i think when you upmerge they might appear again - does they? :)

-------------
however actually i read this on description:
They were submarine aircraft carriers able to carry three Aichi M6A Seiran aircraft underwater to their destinations. They were designed to surface, launch their planes, then quickly dive again before they were discovered.
so i will try making that carried units gets kept underwater and on surfacing.
however will be little weird to take off from an underwater submarine, but if we think they designed a quick surface and launch plane and dive, maybe it is ok :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, i have made that all garrisoned units will be kept underwater, please try.

uos 40
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

10 more minutes to be uos

also russian the seaplane got very weak based on xls, shall i increase some bonus?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Yeah it's very incapable against ships, maybe you should add +9 to all ship bonuses, which is 27 more dmg.
Also, about the submarine, it actually uses a small water sealed tight hanger that can only fit 3 airplanes with foldable wings like Aichi m6a and catapults to launch them. I don't think it should keep light/dive bombers or heavier inside. Maybe light fighter aircraft and nothing larger should be carryable. I'm worried about people using mega powerful bv238s inside and launching a surprise attack from submarines in the future when Japanese units become Axis producable when that's wildly unrealistic.

Oh yeah and those Japanese planes took 15-30 minutes to launch, so I think it's alright to have them launch after resurfacing, because they were designed to do that quickly, submerge, and then look for surviving airplanes.
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:56 am ok, i have made that all garrisoned units will be kept underwater, please try.
Oh, as a result, my planes are able to exit carry while yhe unit is submerged. :?

Solution: Code a JSON like CanCarriedLeaveMe: true/false that dictates whether or not a unit can leave the carrier, and set it to false for unit_jp_submarine_I400_submerged.json
OLÉ
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Yeah, now it is holding when transforming... But there is a new problem with that, it seens that the units that enter became a part of the ship, when these planes exit, the game still shows them inside the ship, so if you deploy a plane from the ship, make this plane cross the whole map, when you press back on the sub, you will see the planes that entered there, so you can basically teleport it back to ship like if it had never leaved it... And that plane will occupy the spot untill it is destroyed...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i nee to check those.

also here is new thing: you can set the race to random and playerselect
first version of the modification so there can be problems.

please test it very much, all kind of games uses the same form (random games, campaigns, multipalyer games) to create and launch them.

IMPORTANT: in multiplayer use only PASSWORDED games to avoid non-dev version players to join.

uos 20
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Nice, i did noticed that dice on the img assets yesterday, was wondering when that would arrive :)
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"Yeah, now it is holding when transforming": ok unexpected "bonding" to ship problem is fixed, will be in next update.

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”