Railgun tank IMPLEMENTED

Midonik

Railgun tank IMPLEMENTED

Post by Midonik »

This will pretty much version of laser tank with railgun instead of laser one. So a medium tank. More damage to tanks and big creatures, no charged beam ability.
Image by @StormSaint373... Well when I think about it now it might need a different angle and black colour to fit the game.
Attachments
Not bad but next to other tanks and vehicles would look a bit wierd, it's an age of standarised angles.
Not bad but next to other tanks and vehicles would look a bit wierd, it's an age of standarised angles.
Thunder_Tank_Dark_2.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
Last edited by Midonik on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Dagravian

Re: Railgun tank

Post by Dagravian »

So instead of energy like laser tank, this will do physical dmg, well by essence of atk of these units already are different enough from each other, so i think no stats would need to be changed on this, but if you still want something to make it seens a bit different, we can lower the dmg by 1-4 and increase overall armor by 1 compared to laser tank. Or maybe increase laser tank range to 2 or buff its attack a little bit. Will be up to you anyway.

Also @@StormSaint373 the img looks nice, it reminded me the soviet t34/is tanks, but as Midonik said, would be better if standarised like the other tanks.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

@Shyrik3244 described polishments needed
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Shyrik3244

Post by Shyrik3244 »

???
Attachments
Railtank.png
Railtank.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Nice, my mobile Sam body is getting more uses, @Midonik I think this body could b the standard body for most of the medium tanks and vehicles for humans

Great job @Shyrik3244 , I see u made it even more 3dish on the tyres, I m most impressed :) , u could modify the tyres the same way on the original Mobile Sam unit too
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri May 31, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

You didn't had to draw an entire new tank... Just edit the image from first post, literally just turn it around. I think you are overdoing it. But well it still works, thanks.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Maybe if I didn't have fairly decent to great images already for most of human vehicles then yes, but I do.
Also about that SAM, it's kinda too big compared to other vehicles I think.
Midonik

Re: Railgun tank IMPLEMENTED

Post by Midonik »

Will be in next. I gave it up to 40 hp, 5/5 armor, other attack types (I want to notice that attack types are kinda retarded atm) and also the 50% bonus to mechanic units and 25% to big, but lowered the attack down to 13 and gave it 4 speed and sight (instead of 5). So basically it's a slower and more tanky version of laser tank, that in general deals more damage to tanks and big but less to infantry (I guess it has less fire rate but higher piercing, that's what someone told me anyway). I'm thinking about giving it 2 range, and then maybe we should move it to tank factory only. What do you think?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

OK, but about Sam, don't forget the reference image that U gave that was awesome with desert camo, tracks, multiple rocket launchers and everything :lol: also I gave the aerial to simulate scanning for fast and stealth air targets since stealth bomber is wat humans r best at and best against ;)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I'll redo my tank... See if I can get the angle right...
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Here we are...

Thoughts?
Attachments
Thunder Tank.png
Thunder Tank.png (769 Bytes) Viewed 3796 times
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Nope... The hull should be sided and just slightly angled to get the 3D effect... I would say to start with an existing unit but it seens you want to try it...

Try making in the same angle of the sam hull version, but smaller and with your touches.

To help, i made some guidelines to sherman to help my friends on pixelating a tank from zero and might be usefull here to you aswell...
Sherman Hull.png
Sherman Hull.png (704 Bytes) Viewed 3793 times
M4 Sherman flat Hull.png
M4 Sherman flat Hull.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Can I still keep my design?
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Of course.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Well... Here. Any better?

@Midonik ,@DoomsdayDragonfire

Doesn't it look a bit. . . Small?
Attachments
AoG Thunder Tank.png
AoG Thunder Tank.png (600 Bytes) Viewed 3779 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Seems better for my novice eye. And yeah, kinda small.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

@StormSaint373 can u try to give the same black camo humans have? if needed, download the top tank and copy paste the right black pixels on to ur tank, then it will qualify as human light tank, just so u know, masterpieces r not ez to make and it will b difficult :)

also i think the top part could b wider, try to stretch it on the left and make it one-two pixel higher, right now the gun looks too big for it to carry

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Well, resized tank... Still need to do camo, but... Maybe will work? Size-wise...
Attachments
AoG Thunder Tank, Large.png
AoG Thunder Tank, Large.png (816 Bytes) Viewed 3745 times
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Well here's camo...

It's either ready, or it needs a professional.
Attachments
AoG Thunder Tank, Large.png
AoG Thunder Tank, Large.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Did u see current laser tank, that looks like someone is seeing it from side, this looks like a bird is seeing from above, the view angle is too big

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

StormSaint373 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 pm Here we are...

Thoughts?
This would have perfect view angle if u made it completely side ways instead of view from front

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Seems fine to me but it could be few pixels shorter on the left side hull, and the turret should have a more perspective look than eagle eye
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

yes, raising the front of turret might do the trick

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I'll see...

So

30° instead of 45°
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

More like, the drone (the player) that is watching the tank is closer to the ground than high above

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Try this?
Attachments
AoG Thunder Tank.png
AoG Thunder Tank.png (717 Bytes) Viewed 3716 times
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Can someone make wider?

I can't seem to get it right without making bird's-eye...

Trying Again...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

ok, then lets get back to basics, look again at the image that shyrik drew, and tell me, which feature of this tank makes it look not top-down view, but the sight some one would see from top a watch tower?

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

To me... The turret.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Close, its both turret and body, u have to make the side appear larger and use darker shade than the top, how is this?

It can still b made better though
Attachments
AoG Thunder Tank.png
AoG Thunder Tank.png (953 Bytes) Viewed 3696 times

Return to “Archive”