Florans

Prizracoss

Florans

Post by Prizracoss »

Why not make a fraction of clever plants? (as in starbound), this race will be poorly developed in technology, but different strength and endurance of his soldiers. They are also carnivorous and eat the corpses of defeated enemies.
The bird of hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
Typhoon

Re: Florans

Post by Typhoon »

I like it, it may be a lot diffrent from myconids because myconids are fugnus and are more of parasite, and it will give yet another use for corpses
Im not coming. Im impending
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I will certainly use that idea. I dunno if as a full race or a neutral/support thing I have in mind. I kinda drift towards the second option.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Prizracoss

Post by Prizracoss »

In terms of strength and senses, Floran exceed humans in most aspects. While technically at a similar level of strength to humans, Floran are often stronger due to the conditions they deal with. Because of their surroundings on the Floran home planet, they too have developed extraordinary senses. Their sense of smell is especially adept, and while not as powerful as, say, a dog, a Floran can easily differentiate between different individuals by scent alone. In addition, Floran eyesight and hearing excel far beyond that of a human, giving Floran the innate ability to hunt creatures with ease. Should they be trained in the art of stealth, Floran are easily the most deadly race to contend with.
The bird of hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Interesting but can be discuss.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Hmmm, seens a mix of ent and gnoll race. I mean more primitive and less reliant to technology. With undead "eat corpse" to heal.

Compared to myconids, they are slightly better in technology, but they can't regrow so fast neighter recicle corpses.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I don't think this will be a full race. I would make them neutral (like gnolls) + recruitable for other races under specific conditions (I think it will be researching tech in embassy, think of that as small version of AoF's subraces, I will call them "mini races"). It's like the bigger races ally with "natives" of planet in their sphere of influence (either there by force of economics) and give them weapons to use their capabilities in their wars. We can have serval such races.
Those guys will fall into the myconids hands I imagine.

I would oppose the "great senses" part tho - if those are tree - like.... Well what I mean is that trees don't have sense at all so I can't see those having great sense. I would rather see them having high speed in forest terrain, decent health, healing capabilities (for myconids only, y'know the symbiosis between trees and mashroom right?), and some stealth capabilities. I'm thinking of a set of around 5 unit for each such mini race.

We won't start the development of those mini races until we are done with the main ones tho. I'm saying this just so you know what I'm planing for this and have it in mind as possibility in future.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Factions”