Canals IMPLEMENTED

Daltonnlopezz

Canals IMPLEMENTED

Post by Daltonnlopezz »

You guys should look into letting players build canals and create rivers while in game.
LordOfAles

Re: Canals

Post by LordOfAles »

We could if you can explain how did you imagine it to work.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

LordOfAles wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:58 pm We could if you can explain how did you imagine it to work.
So you are not dead after all, huh?
~Gral.Sturnn
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yes i am.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Daltonnlopezz

Post by Daltonnlopezz »

Using a worker, you would need to start the building selection next to a default water tile and select the new canal build function.

Maybe you'll have to connect to another default water tile in order for the canal to be used, not sure.

Would be very useful for transporting units. Some maps it's very time/turn consuming to do so.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

its not possible to choose whether a certain terrain is adjacent to the place u want to build it, (like game cannot understand if there is a water tile next to the land tile on which u want to place the canal) also buildings cannot b chosen as terrain
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But we can make canals as "land bridges" for ships. They alas shoud prevent movement through them for land units.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

ok, could work, so how about: it can b built on any forest or grassland tile, removes terrain drawbacks, and can carry only ship category units?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well i think that it must be grass only tile. Not in forests.
Otherwise agree.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Daltonnlopezz

Post by Daltonnlopezz »

Agree about grassland.

Thank you guys for everything! Been playing this game for a long time. Mostly solo and not multiplayer but appreciate every bit of this game.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Uh, shouldn't we think about how this could abuse AI? :|

If I beat a map I couldn't before, like maximus' betrayal, I can build canal just outside of the rock base, and AI will struggle to get past because they have horrible ship logistics.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Canals can b destroyed, ships in canals will also b destroyed being grounded, in betrayal map, the river is only 1 tile away from bridge so ships can b atked by melee ai units, canals cannot b built on rock terrain

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Not the rock, I meant the ground tiles before the bridge that also counts as water tile. So maybe 7 p. Armor, but siege have bonus as rocks could fill a canal and arrows definitely cannot.

With an hp of 6 for quickly building a path that can easily be plugged.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

isnt it a duplicate post?

Return to “Neutrals (animals, buildings etc)”