flying/mobile base

godOfKings

flying/mobile base

Post by godOfKings »

Wat do u think of bases/ factories that can transform to flying/ mobile form with low speed that can move to other parts of the map and produce units in the front lines?

Could b special trait of some races

To balance out the advantage, one drawback could b construction rate of workers could b higher compared to other races

Also a bit different idea, how about some technology upgrades allow buildings of different races to use different types of weapons as defensive maneuvers (like a Sam turret on top of tank factory or allowing troop barracks to b used as bunkers, or garrisoning a grey inside a tower gives it higher chance to convert enemy soldier (by increasing convert possibility through multiple aura stacks wen multiple grey r garrisoned in same building))
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Dagravian

Re: flying/mobile base

Post by Dagravian »

Both ideas are very nice, would be very interesting to apply special attributes to each race. Well there is many cool mechanics around that we could adapt to our situation, each faction would be much more interesting to play this way.

I can actually see all myconid buildings moving around in the field like that ent factory on AOF, spamming mushroom guys to infect and control other units like a disease. :lol:

Also it reminded of building style of japanese faction on red alert 3, that is very interesting, like there will be no workers, all buildings would be made in 1-2 turns on the towns as a mobile construction vehicle, the thing is that, the vehicles would have a transform/deploy skill with exact timing of the normal building (like 4 turns for barracks, or 20 turns for a castle like building) so they instantly unpack on a ready building. Would be a very interesting playstyle if adapted here (maybe increasing the cooldown deploy in 1.5x). Would be very interesting on a nanomachine-based faction.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:48 pm Also it reminded of building style of japanese faction on red alert 3, that is very interesting, like there will be no workers, all buildings would be made in 1-2 turns on the towns as a mobile construction vehicle, the thing is that, the vehicles would have a transform/deploy skill with exact timing of the normal building (like 4 turns for barracks, or 20 turns for a castle like building) so they instantly unpack on a ready building. Would be a very interesting playstyle if adapted here (maybe increasing the cooldown deploy in 1.5x). Would be very interesting on a nanomachine-based faction.
lol that was the original idea :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

*Insert "I see you're a man of culture aswell" meme here*
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Thanks Lol :lol:

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Hmm.... The insectoid queens are supposed to summon eggs with soliders that is well sort of factory (tho they won't be build by workers or count into factory limit - the units summoned will be extremely weak ones anyway).
Anyway I guess we can use this sort of concept for myconids too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Yep...
For the special traits, both myconids and insectoids can share many traits depending on the perspective the person have, i will put 3 here just for example:

-Movable factories.
-Not produce vehicles.
-Convertion methods.

And the special trait for insects i think it is that their factory buildings could spawn these eggs aswell, but they will work like that "wolf's den" spawning "swarms".

The special trait for myconids is that they could rise the dead.
And their buildings could convert enemy units.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat will b the effective weapons of myconids and insects against large tanks and robots?

I guess a wurm (like aof wurm) could act as an at giant monster of sorts

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 pm Yep...
For the special traits, both myconids and insectoids can share many traits depending on the perspective the person have, i will put 3 here just for example:

-Movable factories.
-Not produce vehicles.
-Convertion methods.
1) Sort of 2) I think we will allow insectoids to have normal vehicle or at least mechanical units, so those two overlap less. 3) I don't think the insectoids will have conversion of any sort.
DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 pm And the special trait for insects i think it is that their factory buildings could spawn these eggs aswell, but they will work like that "wolf's den" spawning "swarms".
Maybe
DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 pm The special trait for myconids is that they could rise the dead.
And their buildings could convert enemy units.
Buildings? Well I guess it could work like that. I was thinking more about units and I think at least one would do.
godOfKings wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm Wat will b the effective weapons of myconids and insects against large tanks and robots?
For the myconids there were idea of some anit vehicle acid. Also giga beasts that just has huge damage. For insectoids I guess they can use the EMP too or something.
godOfKings wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm I guess a wurm (like aof wurm) could act as an at giant monster of sorts
Maybe.
Generally insectoids can have some machines and stuff perhaps being the in shapes of insects or being support for them, I must think. Their aren't underdeveloped (if they are the hive mind they have thoughts of whole race for one task etc, perhaps quickly more resources, even if they do have some rivals), they are under equipped mostly as their numbers are huge. Some machines to support the hordes would do.
The myconids are fully organic. Eco friendly. They are quite the masters of mutations, as they have the tech of their creators that created them from zero so it's just better for them. Perhaps cheaper and faster. Or perhaps they even can't build machines at all.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The chitauri of avengers could b great reference to how futuristic insectoids look in general, in the first avengers movie the chitauri had gigantic floating wurm/centipede like creatures that could fly even under gravity of the earth (well scientific reasoning never works to explain fiction anyways)

We could keep the concept with obviously a different name

They could even work as flying aircraft carriers for insects.

Well I think I m deviating too much from original idea, shall I post a new topic instead expanding upon this idea?

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well yeah I guess.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Chitauri? I didn't reminded of those, i didn't knew that they where insect like... But i remember that flying leviathan... So sounds interesting and would nice to bring some stuff like that.

Well we can have multiple possibilities of how insectoids could look like, but it will be all based on how insectoids envolved... So we should pick one to start...

Like, for example, they could have envolved naturally, without weapons or tech, everything relying on their natural skills for survival... Gargantuan sized insects could had born after long periods of natural selection, and it could be possible that they could had became naturally adapted to space. Making hives on asteroids or stuff like that...

They could have been envolved into a way that they had to use tools to overcome natural flaws like the humans, so they would be weak-like, but very smart, creating weapons, vehicles, buildings and etc.

They could had their natural evolution deviated/boosted by some sort of mutation of external sources like other alien races, radioactive minerals or ambients, something like Scrin and Tiberium/Ichor from C&C3...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Return to “Planetary”