Praetorian Legionarre IMPLEMENTED

StormSaint373

Praetorian Legionarre IMPLEMENTED

Post by StormSaint373 »

Roman for "bird of prey"

These soldiers were the finest of the roman army, they serve as the bodyguard of the roman generals
Praetorian.png
Praetorian.png (1.1 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
Cost: 6
Hp: 36
Att: 12
Armor: 5/7
Speed: 3
Vision: 4
Action/Turn: 1
Spell Resistance: 100%

Spells:
Throw Pilum: dmg 10, range 3, cooldown 1

Affected by legion training, affected by legion command

Image coming soon.
Last edited by StormSaint373 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Gral.Sturnn

Re: Praetorian Legionarre

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

high tier roman infantry good!
~Gral.Sturnn
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Too good stats for 6 turn unit.
Spartan hoplite i think must have highest hp among pre-medieval infantries.
So lower hp to 28.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Spartan is a spearmen, this would be the swordsman variant. Of course, a little better due to legion command...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But spartans were better equipped and trained than these ones.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Actually they were trained the same, just in different tactics.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But these ones still had worse armor than spartans so less hp.
Why he should have higher hp than spartan unit with lower cost?
He would make spartan hoplite useless.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Moh556

Post by Moh556 »

Very niceeee
it can have an ability too .
this ability name is P.ARMOR HIT
With this ability praetorian can easily hit units that have armor but dont have P . ARMOR this type of atck dont have prblem with hevy armored units . It will hit units from their p armor. this abilty symbol will be a gladius sword
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

P armor is for countering arrow damage, I guess throw pilum ability can effect p.armor, but Spartans have 8 p.armor and 2 damage is useless
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Unlike the Spartans, the praetorian guard were not trained from birth so they should be inferior to the Spartans. I suggest these stats.

Cost: 6
Hp: 20-26?
Attack: 12
Armor: 4/4
Action/Turn: 2
Spell Resistance: 100%

Also what does the ability do exactly?
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Why....
Why 2 actions?!!!
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Moh556

Post by Moh556 »

:o
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

If it's going to be an elite unit... It needs to have appropriate stats...

Otherwise, the stats you've suggested say: make it an upgrade.

Throw Pilum: an ability similar to the spear throw of Maori... But should have cool down, high dmg and remove all p. Armor for a number of turns
(Pilum were tipped with lead, when striking an object the lead bends, making the Shields useless in combat and preventing enemies from thowing the Pilum back. At the end of the battle, Pilum can be retrieved and bent back to the correct shape.)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i have tested a mass roman army and it was the most beautiful play style i ever played, a fully armored legionary can easily cross 7 armor and 8 p armor wen buffed by centurion and legion training of other legionaries, they usually get 1 damage from every archer unit, except for the dreaded ballista

support them with dromedarii from behind and a HEAVY KNIGHT will deal 1 DAMAGE on him only anti infantry units like maceman and celts, spartans etc. will have any chance against such buffed legionaries

only drawback costs a lot to actually buff legionaries, getting dromedarii is based on luck, and ballistas/catapults slaughter any mass group of soldiers,

although good news is ballista usually miss 3 speed units so deal 8 damage in most case which changes to 1 for fully upgraded legionary but h.ballista really depends on luck whether it will direct hit or not
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
HugoTheUseles

Post by HugoTheUseles »

Pretoreans may not have have been trained from birth like spartens but still were elite units and actually had better armour due to their big shields (- bigger than a hoplon) and better body armour (- lorica segmentata - high quality stuff); the pilum could be used as a spear (rarely) and a gladius or spartha was a darn good wepon.
I actually think a pretorian could be as strong as a sparten but that woud make the unit useless so stats shoud be those of a weaker 6 cost sparten + roman effects.
(I havent checked anything listed above; if im wrong pls tell me)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How does an upgrade sound?

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I personally don't think an upgrade is appropriate considering Spartan and his lack of one. I put the second action in because a second attack makes any unit very useful for defense. And because the Praetorian legionnaires were primarily bodyguards I think it's fitting.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No to 2 actions. If you put them 2 actions than samurai (who is even more agile) must have 3-4 actions while basic swordman who is trained and equipped in similar way as romans 2 actions as well.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But Spartans heal to full HP even from 1 HP left just by putting them inside a town, an upgraded legionary will never b able to kill the Spartan hiding inside towns,

Also legions don't have bonus against infantry but Spartans do so they can ezly kill even upgraded legion with nothing but counter atk, while they themselves heal to full HP every turn if put in town or tower

Legion is mainly shielder with better mobility, but Spartans r the best anti infantry, especially with heal support

And considering there will soon b a 4 turn jinete with same spear throw ability, I don't really see the need of making another 6 turn anti-arrow shielder for a 3 range spear throw ability, plus if u consider them body guards of commanders, they would usually stay in the core of the army, and I don't know how effectively they would b able to throw a spear wen most of the soldiers near them r on their side

I dont mind an upgrade to the existing legionary considering even 4 turn voulgier got an upgrade

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Agree with gok but no additional actions.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Okay considering the Samuri I and how mobile they were I don't think a second action will work. But if we have an upgrade I don't think it makes sense because this unit is already going to be 6 turns.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I meant get rid of pilum,

upgrade tech cost 6 turns,

legionary still cost 4 turns,

base stats will increase

HP 28
Atk 12
Armor 2/3 (if u want to increase armor then go research legion training and make centurion)

Other stats remain unchanged after upgrade, this is my version of stat suggestion

If it is elite infantry might also get 50% bonus against other infantry similar to hatamoto
Last edited by godOfKings on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

If the vote is going to be for an upgrade, then it NEEDS to have corresponding stats...

Cost: 4
Hp: 25 increase to 32
Att: 10 increase to 14
Armor: 2/3 increase to 4/6
Action/Turn: 1
Spell Resistance: 0%
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Needs more armor, unaffected by blacksmith upgrades,
Stratego already said that legion training should be fixed.

Besides, you can get same out of Defender for less

2 cost defender, +4 cost banner
4 cost Legionarre, + 6 cost centurian

Stat difference
Defender has more armor (+1/+3)
Defender has less attack (-1)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Next to centurion legion has 12 dmg, as I said if u want armor increase place more legions together,a legion in front of 2 towns filled with legions and wagons and battering rams could get over +10/+10 armor, so far I checked the fix and it seems new effect stacking bug for loading every time is removed while other multiple stack mechanism r still there

For offensive it could go like this, 1 wagon has 3 b.rams, filled with legions, wen attacking send one legion forward, put 3 b.rams on adjacent sides and he get a stack of +5/+5 armor, coupled with a centurion from behind (their aura have 4 range so can stay some safe distance away) and basic legionary stands in front of enemy town/tower with 9/10 armor

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Following this logic, an upgraded legionary with over 30 hp, only 4 turns cost, can b made in tc,barracks and roman garrison, do u really believe it is impossible to make enough legionary to stack a total of over 10 armor in-game?

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Tbh, +2 attack and +2 hp isn't good enough to warrant an upgrade... May as well make a unit that is cheaper and gets more.

But I see your point for armor, but give it +1/+2 at least,

Legionarre isn't affected by the blacksmith.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

HP 29 (hatamoto also gets only +4 HP increase from samurai)
Atk 14
Armor 3/4

I won't accept anything more than this

Moh556

Post by Moh556 »

I think he havs more armor an p armor because his big shield
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

pls stop making realistic assumptions only and start thinking whether in game units can actually kill it or not, with my suggested stats maceman wont b able to one hit kill it, and heavy knight will need 3 hits to kill one upgraded legionary if there is any aura effect on it

y should a crossbow archer that a person spends 6 turns to research, deal only 1 damage to it?

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”