Weapons Locker

lacicada

Weapons Locker

Post by lacicada »

Infantry can enter the Weapons Locker and change into a different kind of infantry!

Swordsman to Pikeman, Archer to Swordsman... etc. It will take the number of turns it costs to make the unit it will change to.

It should have medium HP and space for a few men to enter and change their outfit.

It cannot apply to Spartans, Templars, Healers, Special Characters...

Building cost should be 5
COOLguy

Re: Weapons Locker

Post by COOLguy »

Well I hate to say this, but I would never use it. It would be much cheaper and simpler to just make the new unit.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

COOLguy wrote:Well I hate to say this, but I would never use it. It would be much cheaper and simpler to just make the new unit.

I agree completely...if it takes just as long to change a unit into another type, i would keep the units i have and train new ones of the other type...maybe the weapons locker (i.e. armory) idea could be applied in a different way, though...it's a cool idea for a new structure...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I agree with cool and max. :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
balint

Post by balint »

I agree too.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Maybe the weapons locker/armory could be a new structure to build train some of the new special equipment/units? There areseveral in the vote for this month...and it could easily be adapted for AoF, too...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes or upgrade an individual unit's attack or something.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Yes, how about if it's the facility for some of the new upgrades?
lacicada

Post by lacicada »

Sounds like good suggestions and criticism. Or how about a one turn changeover?
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

That's pretty brief...in that case i could train a bunch of 2-turn swordsmen then spend 1 turn converting them into Spartan hoplites instead of waiting 8-turns to train a spartan in a TC or barracks...near-instant superarmy...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

:lol: he already said no hoplites. still I would not do it: the waste of one turn.
COOLguy wrote:Yes or upgrade an individual unit's attack or something.
:)
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Then another high-powered unit...the point is, unit changes aren't really practical...AoS doesn't use a money system, so it doesn't really fit into the format...this isn't The Kings... (great game, by the way...)

Return to “Structures”