The Phantom Update

Savra

Re: The Phantom Update

Post by Savra »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 am Watcher looks more like mix of demonic look, hi-tech and alien. And definately not as ghost in the armor.

As for phantom minion i just don't like look of it (visual) - it looks like hobbit armor. Sauron's hobbit in armor.

And also i removed both of them because conjurer this way had too much spells: 2 summons, 3 damaging spells, 1 buff spell + first summon with a bit too good stats while other summon adds 3 more abilities (in total 9 abilities for 8 turn cost unit! A bit TOO much!!!).
I can understand removing some spells. But remember the mage has 6 spells for a 5 turn unit, and from what I've seen undead are supposed to be better spell casters because it makes more sense for them to be it. Not fav masters. The phantom minion was supposed to be a defender that wasn't supposed to be overly strong plus I suggested a halfling imperial anyway and this could be a possessed armour of one. That's temporary.

I'm simpler terms it's like my gnoll gaurdian only with less stats and vanishing since you can get more of these units with more spells unlike me who split it to compensate the other units stats.(no that's not a complaint, just stating I understand your reasoning. :) )
Savra

Post by Savra »

Lynx Shafir wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:47 pm Lower max spell res to 60-80%, (u can't even slow them - very hard to 3 race now that decreased cost)!

Now really looks as sub race (or a bunch of walking armores)..
Phantoms are living armours. Plus they all have 100% spell resist.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Oh can u try to put a living bull head on bull knight to look a bit different? (a bit fantomic)
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Savra wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:56 pm
Lynx Shafir wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:47 pm Lower max spell res to 60-80%, (u can't even slow them - very hard to 3 race now that decreased cost)!

Phantoms are living armours. Plus they all have 100% spell resist.
Its bad that all heavy units are immune to any spell.
So 80 max would be better.

Have high Phisical protection and relativ cheap cost
And immune to exorcism too!?

(Also ghost are not strongly holding in this world, and they are continously pulled away.weakened, and need host to hold -
The Curse what imprisoned on armor won't protect m from different spells(and effect Wath use spell res )

Also many casters - who are strong minded - trained to deflect spells ,have less than 100 %.
Conclusion 1)need to lower it (until 2)
2)need more resistence tipe
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Lynx Shafir wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:31 pm Its bad that all heavy units are immune to any spell.
So 80 max would be better.

Have high Phisical protection and relativ cheap cost
And immune to exorcism too!?

(Also ghost are not strongly holding in this world, and they are continously pulled away.weakened, and need host to hold -
The Curse what imprisoned on armor won't protect m from different spells(and effect Wath use spell res )

Also many casters - who are strong minded - trained to deflect spells ,have less than 100 %.
Conclusion 1)need to lower it (until 2)
2)need more resistence tipe
Cheap? Did you forgot that they do have logistic disavantage?!, In order to produce them, you must deploy their high cost building, isn't like the imperials that can be made in many different and cheap buildings... Also i don't need to say twice that they are not sub-race, since you can just read on the older posts. Zzz

I agree with that part that no unit should be immune to any spell, btw, i must remind you that on phantoms, many on-hit stats work on them, aswell as ofensive spells, also to the other part, that would require more kinds of spells with different effects that aren't in game yet, but in fact, they are actually immune to the current set of non offensive spells, for example, the only way to effectivelly slow them would be ice/freezing spells, or time freezing spells, also, they don't own disavantages as like, have a mind to be controled, or a soul to be redeemed, suffer with burning, poisoning, bleeding, fear, or other curses... So for now, i think that part does not need to change.

Well if you want to complain about the overall spell resistance on elite units, you should make a post for it.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Savra wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 am Watcher looks more like mix of demonic look, hi-tech and alien. And definately not as ghost in the armor.

As for phantom minion i just don't like look of it (visual) - it looks like hobbit armor. Sauron's hobbit in armor.

And also i removed both of them because conjurer this way had too much spells: 2 summons, 3 damaging spells, 1 buff spell + first summon with a bit too good stats while other summon adds 3 more abilities (in total 9 abilities for 8 turn cost unit! A bit TOO much!!!).
I can understand removing some spells. But remember the mage has 6 spells for a 5 turn unit, and from what I've seen undead are supposed to be better spell casters because it makes more sense for them to be it. Not fav masters. The phantom minion was supposed to be a defender that wasn't supposed to be overly strong plus I suggested a halfling imperial anyway and this could be a possessed armour of one. That's temporary.

I'm simpler terms it's like my gnoll gaurdian only with less stats and vanishing since you can get more of these units with more spells unlike me who split it to compensate the other units stats.(no that's not a complaint, just stating I understand your reasoning. :) )
1. Mage of humans cost 6 turns and his best spell needs another 6 turns for research.
And mage also has 2 almost useless abilities (i never saw them used) - disarmor and disenchant. First one is useless because 1. Many units have high spell resist. 2. Your mage on open field will die on next turn if enemy has any good ranged units. And second ability is not so useful because 2 turn healers have that as well.
2. Mage himself is much weaker than phantom conjurer and can die from ranged units extremly easy. This one will live for pretty long time and annoy your enemies.
If i will have a choice what caster i want to get (for example on custom map) - human mage or phantom conjurer of my suggestion - i will choose phantom conjurer because of 2 offencive spells, self healing from one of them, good support (+2/+2 armor is good) and much better survivability.
3. Imperial halfling sounds like "baby troll" - i can't imagine it as useful fighting force; also sounds awful (will burn away from 1-2 stacks easily, will have worse stats than normal orc for same cost).
4. Phantom minion is useless as well with my spells revamp because it is much better to use ofrencive spell usually for them rather than that weakling and also please don't forget than undeads will get (hopefully) soon even more summoners (from corpses or from units around) so this is also reason why i don't want conjurer to have summon.
5. Max limit of abilities (apart from shapeshifting for druids) is 6 including abilities of summons + 1 aura.

1. Phantoms will be only garrison and mansion (maybe, later) units only. Both buildings are costly.
2. Their stats are weakened as well so it will be easier a bit to kill them without any spells.
3. They are counterpart of imperials and those have 100% spell resist as well.
4. Undeads need some high spell resist units with good stats for them (apart from special units like death knight and that rider with styche)
5. As for slowing itself:
Humans don't need to slow them down - they need to stop them with their imperials and drake knights;
Elves can swarm them with their archers and with sentinels (after implementation);
Dwarves will have much better armor so phantoms won't be a problem for them even without slowing;
Orcs have lots of giants, uruks (and they cost 3 turns!) and great 4 turn cost master wolf riders which will be superior against nearly all phantoms (exept of pikeman and bull knight).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Nice concept with a good amount to add in
This will take time to add everything just by looking at it
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Savra

Post by Savra »

We might just switch conjurers dark bolt out with dark burst. It's less op and I can see problems with the new curse thing were dark burst only has a fear passive. Plus, it already has a good image.

Oh yes, and theres something wrong with the images on first page.
Attachments
Dark Burst.png
Dark Burst.png (500 Bytes) Viewed 4175 times
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm. I don't like neither dark bolt nor dark burst spells. (Not images though).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Oh wait, I knew I missed something. Alright I'll just give it to dark citadel.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Savra wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:38 am Oh wait, I knew I missed something. Alright I'll just give it to dark citadel.
makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:25 pm
Phantom Conjurer
Cost: 6
Hp: 28
Attack power: 1
Range: 1
Armor: 1
Pierce Armor: 3
Speed: 3
Sight: 6
Action /turn: 1
Spell Range: 5
Spell possibility: 100%
Spell Resistance: 100%
Abilities:
Phantasmal overload: fireball-like ability, deals 10 damage to all units in range, no aftereffect applied, range - 5, cooldown - 3 turns.
Energy syphon: deals 8 damage to enemy, heals for 8 hp caster. No cooldown, range - 5.
Cursed shield: adds to target friendly unit +2/+2 armor. No cooldown.
Fear: as usual, range - 5.
Size: 1x1
Here are stats which i suggested for phantom conjurer.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Yes, we need the image fixed. :lol:
Savra

Post by Savra »

Let's see we got all these correct?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Looks like it
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Savra

Post by Savra »

Ummm, what happened to the phantom Conjurer and Juggernaut?
Savra

Post by Savra »

I mean I have the updated conjurer, because I was planning on giving it golden form.
But, I can't help on the Juggernaut.
Well, it was waiting for it so here.
Attachments
Phantom Conjurer golden.png
Phantom Conjurer golden.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 4063 times
Phantom Conjurer v2.png
Phantom Conjurer v2.png (3.84 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Perhaps it got deleted on discord that's why.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

General Brave wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 am Perhaps it got deleted on discord that's why.
Does anyone still have it? I know Doomsday dragonfire has it. But his whereabouts are unknown to me but that's fine since its not really my business to know were everyone's at.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

DDD been gone for awhile
( gone from discord )
And from the looks of it not on forums either.
Anything Veil or any ideas he was making is on hold
Savra

Post by Savra »

(I wonder why the phantoms and certain other topics of his were effected but the chicken horse one wasn't?)

Should I make a stand in Juggernaut for now?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

It was more so a joke
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Savra wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:20 pm (I wonder why the phantoms and certain other topics of his were effected but the chicken horse one wasn't?)

Should I make a stand in Juggernaut for now?
Leave juggernaut for later pls. (need the name for a diff unit)
As a separate unit not a phantom.

And don't think phantoms needs any upgrade.
1.can be to powerful armor (some will be cheaper too)
2.i think for upgrade gold colour don't fits.
A sub special wud be nicer imho.
3.Alex wants some tech upgrades and not unit ones.. If im not wrong..
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savra

Post by Savra »

It's already been balanced by Makazuwru, and Juggernaut has already been agreed on being Phantom no more say. The topic is ready in stats and everything but because of us missing an image this pack won't get in until we get a new Juggernaut of get the old one back.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Yea agree
Kinda too late to be saying
"It doesn't fit" when this has been ready for awhile now
Savra

Post by Savra »

This fine for a juggernaut stand in?
Attachments
Golden Phantom Juggernaut.png
Golden Phantom Juggernaut.png (2 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Phantom Juggernaut.png
Phantom Juggernaut.png (1.75 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

If we give the conjurer the upgrade then it's normal one can just have 1/2 armour and 25 Hp, while the old form could just have 2/3 armour and 30 hp plus a 6 spell range. Judging by the looks of it the phantom upgrade, if it's only one that effects everyone, would probably cost somewhere between 8 to 10 turns max for the whole phantom group, since it's only 1 upgrade. In other words:
Conjurer:
Hp:25 -
Arm: 1
P.arm:2 -

Gold Conjurer:
Hp:30
S.rng:6
Arm:2
P.arm:3

Juggernaut could probably have:
For normal:
Atk:28 -
Arm:3 -
P.arm:3 -

That way upgrade would have:
Hp:110
Atk:32
Arm:4
P.arm:4

Now the lower stats of first form is only because I'm trying not to make them too strong in second form, but if stats are allowed to be higher in second form from the original stats then they can be raised a bit.

This is just a suggestion.
Savra

Post by Savra »

@makazuwr32 what do you think about this? That way it's completed to the fullest.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Next weekends i will answer.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well, it seems these will be work on.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Needs golden tech icon, and elite group icon.

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”