Regarding New Spells

Tankhead

Regarding New Spells

Post by Tankhead »

I think we shouldn't make a ability for a unit that isn't even in game.

1. It causes the unit to sit forever in wait eventually forgotten

2. The Dev has to make new spells and doubtuful he will make a spell only to attach it to 1 or 2 units

3. New things require a vote as for as coding and such and even if it didn't it would require someone to tweak with a existing spell just to fit a unit ( more time )

I think we should give Dev and or the guys that do Jsons up to 4 to 5 abilities to work on to say they are available so other units can use instead of making new abilities for certain units.
What you think @Stratego (dev)
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Regarding New Spells

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry i dont understand what you mean.

"I think we shouldn't make a ability for a unit that isn't even in game."
please give example.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

@Stratego (dev)
EXAMPLES
- Chain Spell or attack; hits multiple units if they are close enough to eachother

- Ice Spell; A few different variants
A. Reduces attack and armor
B. Reduces movement speed or stops a units speed completey
C. Does Both A and B

Acid Spell; A poison but for buildings

Shock wave; hurts units around the caster within a radius ( caster not affected )

Doom; unit will disappear from existence unless it gets disenchanted off within 3 turns

Bleed; does less damage than poison but this one can stacks
( not every sharp weapon welder will have it )

Shield; this spell has many different names but it pretty much acts like a vest ( kinda like Gta when you put on a vest )

Much more but I think we should wait until you make some new effects and Spells in game to be used by others unless you want us to come up with them?
Currently its becoming a repetitive thing to make a unit idea only to be reduce to current spells and affects.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

If spell works similar to ones in game (there are even few options not yet used in game, check JSON how to's in Modders lounge) they can be made with JSONs, so it's no problem. If it's isn't transformed to JSON Stratego needs to code that.
So as long spells can be done with JSONs there is no problem, but avoid making units with effects that can't be.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Midonik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:32 am If spell works similar to ones in game (there are even few options not yet used in game, check JSON how to's in Modders lounge) they can be made with JSONs, so it's no problem. If it's isn't transformed to JSON Stratego needs to code that.
So as long spells can be done with JSONs there is no problem, but avoid making units with effects that can't be.
Im well aware some of those are possible
Like acid, Bleed, and Ice spell but currently im still learning the jest from the beginning

People that have done this for awhile should have no problem
Savra

Post by Savra »

So these are the spells that need images currently:
Devour - hydra, black dragon, devourer dragon
Dragons might - grey dragon, kobald priestess
Change blade singers self double strike to normal double strike with range self.
Minitour charge - minitour
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

I don't know why you post this here

But 1. The bladesinger one is an instant, no action taking buff, one may use a different img.

2.charge will need an universal" img cos future units will get.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Savra

Post by Savra »

Technically those spells are fairly new,

But anyway, how's this for dragons might?
Attachments
Dragons might.png
Dragons might.png (2.86 KiB) Viewed 1966 times

Return to “Archived - FAQ”