Unit: Werewolf (Humans)

Savra

Re: Unit: Werewolf (Humans)

Post by Savra »

4 pgs worth of discussion I consider it finalized. :lol:
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Skills and unit mechanism (transform, effect, CD, Aura) need discussing though.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

it's in the stats too.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I SO want to see these guys in the game. I already have ideas to make a whole campaign in the map editor based around them, to be frank... :lol:
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Could have been in long ago IF we just make it a werewolf
Clearly the transformation thing is not wanted if this been sitting here that long.
Just make it a werewolf
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

The transformation is just a really cool mechanic to have, I honestly would want it to stay with the transformation, and no one really complained about it so far so I see no reason to remove it
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

3 years this thing hasn't gotten implemented
So now im suggesting a simple route
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

if this unit hasn't been implemented so far I don't think that making it simpler would make it be implemented any faster. :lol: Especially because that would pretty much kill the concept of the unit. If it can't transform it won't REALLY be a werewolf, just a wolf-like humanoid but not an actual werewolf y'know
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Well as I haven't read all the topic
Something must be holding this unit up if its taking years to get in.
Someone must have suggested more than a simple transform
Savra

Post by Savra »

An aura was added.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Maybe

my suggestion was a simple 5 cost fighter unit with mediocre stats but that has a transform ability that makes it turn into a werewolf, making it get a lot more damage, armor and speed, that last for 4 turns and after running out cools down for 4 turns. i remember it had a zurgo buff but it doesn't really need it considering it'll probably be hard to make the stacks transfer when it transforms and not simply disappear.

and savra I don't remember seeing any auras being suggested? where is that?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:05 am Maybe

my suggestion was a simple 5 cost fighter unit with mediocre stats but that has a transform ability that makes it turn into a werewolf, making it get a lot more damage, armor and speed, that last for 4 turns and after running out cools down for 4 turns. i remember it had a zurgo buff but it doesn't really need it considering it'll probably be hard to make the stacks transfer when it transforms and not simply disappear.

and savra I don't remember seeing any auras being suggested? where is that?
For future reference stuff that requires coding like that, that only effects one unit won't have too much of a chance to get in ( discuss in forums )
Savra

Post by Savra »

Pg. 4 Near bottom, Lynx's suggestion.

Maybe make it work 2 ways to make things simpler, human form could have some uses, while the werewolf form could have others.

Think of it this way, since unit is from mage hut, it should have at least 3 spells to use in human form, in werewolf form it turns strictly melee. It's like the vampires 2 forms with their uses.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

i don't think it will relaly require TOO much coding. it's as simple as making the human form transform into the werewolf form with a vanishing(4) effect. after the vanishing effect is over it reverts to human form and the ability enters a cooldown of 4 turns. doesn't sound too hard - but if it is we could always change how the transformation works, make the transformation similar to vampire transfomation perheaps.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Savra wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:11 am Pg. 4 Near bottom, Lynx's suggestion.

Maybe make it work 2 ways to make things simpler, human form could have some uses, while the werewolf form could have others.

Think of it this way, since unit is from mage hut, it should have at least 3 spells to use in human form, in werewolf form it turns strictly melee. It's like the vampires 2 forms with their uses.
Hmm, that could work. I'll think of something cool. I do have some ideas.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

A transformation on a cooldown is what in talking about.
Idk if Alex or brave could do that
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Tankhead wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:16 am A transformation on a cooldown is what in talking about.
Idk if Alex or brave could do that
THAT was what I meant with the 4 turn transformation idea. :lol: I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to do? maybe GB can do it. Stratego is probably too busy to do this
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Ig Another question I can ask him
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

The transformation with "vanishing"
Wud be best - that's what needs for phoenix too.

I suggested the" Wolf fear" Aura

One thing that held this was the veteran effect points keeping on transform and hp issues.
If not stg hiding behind this... :roll:
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Sorry but no
It won't go in with all that complicated stuff.
3 years and counting and everyone wondering why this doesn't get in

THIS IS THE REASON

Make it a simple Werewolf with veteran power
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It would be just simpler to have the werewolf part, no necessary transformation things.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Yes, that would be easier.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Then it would be the easiest unit to implement.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Just a thought that might not be added. What if we give it a tech to be researched to give it the Lycanthropy disease that turns those effected into werewolves? It's either that or make a Lycan that must be researched first and has a higher cost but has the ability to transform enemies that did from it into werewolves. Or make it just have a poison called Lycanthropy that doesn't damage the enemy but only comes into effect if the effected unit dies. This would be added later though when the zombies have their infection in.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

General Brave wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm It would be just simpler to have the werewolf part, no necessary transformation things.
if it doesn't transform it is NOT a werewolf. Lycanthropes are beings that shift from animal (or partially animal) form to human form and vice-versa. D&D's description of it is pretty much that (and we all know how D&D basically gave birth to every single RPG/tatical RPG game out there, especially regarding its fantasy concepts, the werewolf/lycanthrope being one of them).

I mean, sure, we CAN do a werewolf that doesn't transform but then it's name would need to be changed, because it wouldn't REALLY be a werewolf, get what I mean?

Plus the transfomring mechanic is just cool. It can't be that hard, jesus, Vampire and Centaur and some other units have it, it's not too different from that, c'mon.
Savra

Post by Savra »

The problem has to do with the human form which lacked any real purpose. Though I did mention Lycanthropy as a infection that a Lycan could spread to turn enemy living units into werewolves. The Lycan could even have a human form that has spells and werewolf form that is melee, both forms can turn enemies into werewolves via infecting them kinda like the Zombie virus.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Skelegonsans wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 am
General Brave wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm It would be just simpler to have the werewolf part, no necessary transformation things.
if it doesn't transform it is NOT a werewolf. Lycanthropes are beings that shift from animal (or partially animal) form to human form and vice-versa. D&D's description of it is pretty much that (and we all know how D&D basically gave birth to every single RPG/tatical RPG game out there, especially regarding its fantasy concepts, the werewolf/lycanthrope being one of them).

I mean, sure, we CAN do a werewolf that doesn't transform but then it's name would need to be changed, because it wouldn't REALLY be a werewolf, get what I mean?

Plus the transfomring mechanic is just cool. It can't be that hard, jesus, Vampire and Centaur and some other units have it, it's not too different from that, c'mon.
Not too hard
Yea ok :roll: :|
Its been agreed its gonna be a simple werewolf
Savra wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:42 am The problem has to do with the human form which lacked any real purpose. Though I did mention Lycanthropy as a infection that a Lycan could spread to turn enemy living units into werewolves. The Lycan could even have a human form that has spells and werewolf form that is melee, both forms can turn enemies into werewolves via infecting them kinda like the Zombie virus.
Requires new coding and No one wants to do that after 3 years of it sitting
That's why the zombie virus thing is on hold ( for a long time )
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Tankhead wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:47 am

Not too hard
Savra wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:42 am The problem has to do with the human form which lacked any real purpose. Though I did mention Lycanthropy as a infection that a Lycan could spread to turn enemy living units into werewolves. The Lycan could even have a human form that has spells and werewolf form that is melee, both forms can turn enemies into werewolves via infecting them kinda like the Zombie virus.
I'm sorry my dude, you might want to read the first parts of the thread, everyone wanted it to have the transformation thing. And now people are asking to remove it just because they don't want to WAIT? oh, please. :lol: It's not an impossible thing at all and someone will get to it eventually, it's much better than having a bland, boring unit that brings nothing new to the game and is just another unit with set numbers, an image and no special unique skill. :)
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alright from what I understand, human form is supposed to be hidden and be like a neutral.
So, how about we give the human form invisibility and have the werewolf form be the combat form?
This will eliminate the Lycanthropy idea but would keep this unit as what it was originally with transformation ability.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Skelegonsans wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:57 am
Tankhead wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:47 am

Not too hard
I'm sorry my dude, you might want to read the first parts of the thread, everyone wanted it to have the transformation thing. And now people are asking to remove it just because they don't want to WAIT? oh, please. :lol: It's not an impossible thing at all and someone will get to it eventually, it's much better than having a bland, boring unit that brings nothing new to the game and is just another unit with set numbers, an image and no special unique skill. :)
People waited long enough ( 3 years really??? )
People want more to main humans so they are getting it.
And no its not bland and boring you and other just want something that isn't gonna happen

Sorry but its remaining as a simple werewolf unit

Return to “Human”