Multiplayer related

Here u see a list of coding related suggestions to be priorized - we can tell what the community needs the most to be coded

Multiplayer - Which way would you like the roadmap?

Make multiplayer games more online (game will not quit while other player plays - and u also can see other movement - within sight)
13%
[[[]IMPLEMENTED]]Friends list (creating games to only friends)
No votes
Generals or leaders in multiplayer http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=2471
9%
Diplomacy - form alliances/declare war
22%
Allies can give units to each other http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=5084
4%
Private chat in multiplayer http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... f=8&t=1570
No votes
Able to delete/change your multiplayer game (if no one joined yet) http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... f=9&t=3663
No votes
Setup to let players change faction on joining the game (in multifaction games AOF/AOW) http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... f=9&t=3827
22%
Introduce some experience points for players (more victorious battles higher level, more losing battles lower - like on Voobly)
No votes
Let players design their own maps and create a multiplayer game with it (joiners will download map and play it) http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... yer#p34105
30%

Total votes: 23

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Multiplayer related

Post by Stratego (dev) »

This "vote" is not a vote
  • it is a priority list that will never get closed
  • Select here the most importants in your opinion
  • You can change your votes any time
  • will be more items, suggest please
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer related

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok it is FULL you can vote on the options!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So when do you get started?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Seems like is sharing.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

@Stratego (dev) any estimate on when this can happen? I know it's probably going to be a little while still. Over half the votes are for the same option, so it's obviously popular.
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i will not promise anything - it is kind of hard task and dangerous too - there can come many uncontrolled maps into the game that i dont want.

imagine a map that has nothing but grass (or even worse:non joining terrain tiles) in the multiplayers games list - would ruin the game appearance
Sunrise Samurai

I'd suggest making them private matches only, and self deleting if they aren't joined in the time limit. Maybe even add a secondary lobby for them under "join custom match" to keep eyesores like that out of the regular lobby.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I do like the idea of custom match, make them separate from the normal game and when someone joins it downloads the map in once it's finished it deletes it, unless others want to copy it.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

If not I would suggest working on this.
Make multiplayer games more online (game will not quit while other player plays - and u also can see other movement - within sight)
Now it could be called a real time strategy game.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sunrise Samurai wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:15 pm I'd suggest making them private matches only, and self deleting if they aren't joined in the time limit. Maybe even add a secondary lobby for them under "join custom match" to keep eyesores like that out of the regular lobby.
can be but little cumbersome imho.

what about making it the normal mapmarket way?
- you cn design and send to market random maps too
- i will accept if they are ok
- if ok than anyone can make matches out of it

?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is too long sometimes.
Accepting map.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

But it might be worth it, unless it's too hard or take a while to make.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I mean it may take some time for accepting map by stratego.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

The problem with having to accept maps for public use is that sometimes were going to want temporary or unfair games. For example, viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4549 this topic could be played out. We wouldn't want maps of two fixed, immutable armies sitting around on the market, as they will probably have only one outcome for two players of the same skill. Especially as we designed armies around defeating the previous one.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 am I mean it may take some time for accepting map by stratego.
Why not social currency to encourage the community to make and approve good maps? like spiceworks or quora?
Thanks!
Josh
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Getting paid for making Maps sounds like a great idea. I'm assuming you mean gems.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

COOLguy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 am I mean it may take some time for accepting map by stratego.
Why not social currency to encourage the community to make and approve good maps? like spiceworks or quora?
how would it work?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

No not gems! Like from this article:
As Mahalo struggled to retain users, another Q&A site began to boom. Quora, launched in 2010 by two former Facebook employees, quickly grew in popularity. Unlike Mahalo, Quora did not offer a single cent to anyone answering questions. Why then, have users stayed engaged with Quora but not with Mahalo, despite its monetary rewards?

In Mahalo’s case, executives assumed that paying users would drive repeat engagement with the site. After all, people like money, right?

However, Quora demonstrated that social rewards and the variable reinforcement of recognition from peers proved to be a much more salient motivator. Quora instituted an upvoting system that reports user satisfaction with answers and provides a steady stream of social feedback. Quora’s rewards have proven more attractive than Mahalo’s because the incentive to answer a question is driven by the anticipation of social, not financial, reward. When it comes to online communities, the need to connect and contribute turns out to be a more powerful motivator than collecting cash.
So people gain recognition for building and reviewing and approving good maps. A map gets built, then people upvote or downvote it. If the map gets enough upvotes then it can be implemented. People gain recognition or are upvoted for making good maps and upvoting good maps. People who have high recognition can implement maps easier or have more say with their upvotes.

A system like that.
Thanks!
Josh
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Ohh nice
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

yes, like the five star function in comments in market maps, may b a new place where maps made for multiplayer games r placed, people can download them for free, play hot seats games with them to see if they r balanced, and then upvote or recommend them to b placed in random maps section, i think it will work plus make it a lot easier for stratego to implement good maps, there should b a help section explaining wat is player's responsibily wen they want to download a free map from that particular place

also let players who have grant or right to b map designers, have a higher priority in their reviews than the average player so that even if hundreds of 'bad' players, or one evil player who makes hundreds of fake accounts :lol: just to upvote his own map, wont b able to put it in if one map designer says no or gives bad review :)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Huehue my and your priorities will be the highest
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds nice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Nope cool guy will always stay higher than us ;)

And don't forget the last say goes to stratego, who might test it if a map designer recommends
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

one implemented
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Idea required as for me for preset multiplayer maps.

In most cases map makers do not set on such maps neither race/nation/etc for players nor their alliances.

Idea is next:
1. You should be able upon creation of multiplayer game with such map to choose amount of players (up to amount preset multiplayer map initially has; you can choose what slot is excluded but only for slots with «?» marks; you can't not choose on such maps players with preset race).
2. For players who have no preset alliance you should be able to choose alliance.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:25 pm Idea required as for me for preset multiplayer maps.

In most cases map makers do not set on such maps neither race/nation/etc for players nor their alliances.

Idea is next:
1. You should be able upon creation of multiplayer game with such map to choose amount of players (up to amount preset multiplayer map initially has; you can choose what slot is excluded but only for slots with «?» marks; you can't not choose on such maps players with preset race).
2. For players who have no preset alliance you should be able to choose alliance.
I second this. It is beyond necessary

Return to “Needs, priorities - Which way would you like the roadmap?”