Hun Raider - IMPLEMENTED

godOfKings

Hun Raider - IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

Description: a unit for pillaging and razing. Use raiders to infiltrate enemy bases and wreak havoc!
Active effects: burning weapons
Cost: 4 turns
HP: 20
Atk: 8
Armour: 0
P.armour:1
Speed: 6
Sight: 8
Range: 1
Spell resistance:0%
Bonus: 100% all buildings
200% towers and walls
50% archers and infrantry
700% castle
Raider might look like a hussar and lancer combo. But instead of lancer's spear it will carry a long wooden pole that is burning at its end like flame arrow
Last edited by godOfKings on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Re: Raider

Post by LordOfAles »

My opinion is to lower cost to 3, with 25% bonus on infantry and archers, also with spell resistance 0%, as i honestly dont see how can simple ppl resist conversion
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The reason that makes raiders so dangerous is that early on it can destroy a 20hp building in just 1 hit (if you calculate damage bonus and burning effect you will see its 20) so workers won't have a chance to repair them. So it could be used as an alternative to Mongolian archer and a player could decide whether to kill workers in one hit or destroy buildings in one hit. So I thought may be keeping cost to 4 turns would make it more balanced. Also as Hungarian hussar has 100% resistance and they both cost same so I thought it should also have 100% resistance
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It is weaker than a chariot because of its one hit destroy effects

Avalyn

Re: Nomadic Raider

Post by Avalyn »

Here is pic per request. :)
Attachments
32_unit_polhhhe.png
32_unit_polhhhe.png (1.68 KiB) Viewed 7211 times
Istan quete ya merin, ar la hanyuvatyen.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wow awesome pic :o

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Just one thing, if that brown circle is a shield then the hand should be behind the shield

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Bonus: 100% all buildings
200% towers and walls
50% archers and infrantry
700% castle
New stats:
Active affects: burning weapons
HP: 20
Atk: 8
Armour: 0/1
Magic resist: 0%
Speed: 6
Sight: 8
Affected by blacksmith upgrades as well as camel fear

Avalyn

Post by Avalyn »

godOfKings wrote:Just one thing, if that brown circle is a shield then the hand should be behind the shield
No, it's a saddle blanket. :) I could either shade it more, or make it a shield. Which would you prefer?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b make the man's upper body a little bigger and show part of the blanket in the front

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

He could b sitting a little behind so that there is more space in the front to show the blanket

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Or just make the leg more bent towards the left but anyways I m not an art expert so I hope u can imagine wat I m trying to convey

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Or just let's leave it as it is I m still working on some useful ideas on the warriors of the east pack and once I find some speciality for nomads I can think on raider later

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I know don't make the saddle completely round and show part of the horse's body behind, that should take care of the problem

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes the edge of saddle should b right under the hand or a little behind the hand

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Sry if I m finding too many faults in little details this is still a great work of art and I m grateful :D

Avalyn

Post by Avalyn »

Like this :?:
Attachments
32_unit_polhhhe.png
32_unit_polhhhe.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Too tiny Lol but will work for such a tiny dude :lol:

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I get it the reason it felt so weird to me was bcuz the winged hussar carried a sword for which I didn't notice it had same saddle design, I guess this is okay then

LordOfAles

Re: Nomad Raider

Post by LordOfAles »

can we accept this? I would really like to use this unit in early game. COOLguy?
godOfKings

Re: Nomad Raider

Post by godOfKings »

Since nomad pack still needs a lot of discussion, I guess for now we can use it as just a normal raider without any nationalising

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How is this? I made the man bigger and extended saddle in front
Attachments
raider.png
raider.png (1.45 KiB) Viewed 5662 times

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Looks good
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Can you move that arm to better position, maybe make it look like he is holding onto the ropes.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

OK will try

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Two variants, one with head scarf as player colour
Attachments
raider2.png
raider2.png (1.41 KiB) Viewed 5623 times
raider.png
raider.png (1.42 KiB) Viewed 5623 times

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think this has better hand position
Attachments
raider2.png
raider2.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 5623 times

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Awesome! You have done a lot of work on this unit!

Can someone pls provide a comparison of hussars, knights, and this one? Don't want to make a 6 speed OP.

Then I will accept it!
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

COOLguy wrote:Awesome! You have done a lot of work on this unit!

Can someone pls provide a comparison of hussars, knights, and this one? Don't want to make a 6 speed OP.

Then I will accept it!
Hussar:
35 hp
0/2 armor
12 damage (50% bonus to infantry)
6 speed
Cost 5 turns

Hungarian Hussar (i think this one is more useful early game than knight)
25 hp
1/3 armor
7 damage (100% bonus to infantry)
6 speed
Cost 4 turns

Knight:
32 hp
2/2 armor
10 damage (50% bonus to infantry)
5 speed
Cost 4 turns

Raider:
20 hp
0/1 armor
8 damage (infantry bonus to buildings, towers, castles and 50% to foot units - infantry and foot archers)
Speed 6
Cost 4 turns
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Perfect you guys are awesome!

ACCEPTED
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Unit - mounted”