Tournament of Dragons

godOfKings

Re: Tournament of Dragons

Post by godOfKings »

Y isn't the goblin outpost voted for yet? I think its n unfair disadvantage for the orcs to not have anything cheap to detect stealth units (unless there aren't many stealth units)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

godOfKings wrote:Y isn't the goblin outpost voted for yet? I think its n unfair disadvantage for the orcs to not have anything cheap to detect stealth units (unless there aren't many stealth units)
I agree with you,even that five turn unit is nimble enough (except for its abilites of Summoning Dragon and Full Regeneration;I don't use summon dragon,because as a responible player,I avoid it,till it is being reworked)
I think orcs should have a unit that could spot cloaked units,or the stone pile(the volcanic one) should be able to see it.
Homo homini lupus
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

godOfKings wrote:Y isn't the goblin outpost voted for yet? I think its n unfair disadvantage for the orcs to not have anything cheap to detect stealth units (unless there aren't many stealth units)
On it.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

To be honest I think assassins make orcs fairly balanced against humans and such right now. Not many other ways to gring down some of the big orc troops, especially dragons and ettins
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

DoomCarrot wrote:To be honest I think assassins make orcs fairly balanced against humans and such right now. Not many other ways to gring down some of the big orc troops, especially dragons and ettins
I see I get an advantage of the terrain :?
I am against the use of dragons of orcs,till the time they are reworked(I haven't used them anytime excluding one time against Menselot,and In one game against General Brave(where I teamed with Stratego and he with Newton))
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

DoomCarrot wrote:To be honest I think assassins make orcs fairly balanced against humans and such right now. Not many other ways to gring down some of the big orc troops, especially dragons and ettins
Catapult is pretty good. A direct hit will take about half their hp. Also use disarmor on them before archers attack.
Remember that orcs are very strong already. No other race can come close to matching them for damage or HP. As such, stealth detection probably shouldn't be easy for them. I'll agree they need some kind of static structure to detect stealth though, at least to defend their base with. Assasins are currently the best way to destroy a volcano, as there isn't much defense against them.

Shades aren't assasins. If you can't detect them, you can still​ do just fine. It helps balance the clearly superior stats of orc units against undead units​ if the undead player has more information on enemy position.
The glorious sun rises again
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
Catapult is pretty good. A direct hit will take about half their hp. Also use disarmor on them before archers attack.
Remember that orcs are very strong already. No other race can come close to matching them for damage or HP. As such, stealth detection probably shouldn't be easy for them. I'll agree they need some kind of static structure to detect stealth though, at least to defend their base with. Assasins are currently the best way to destroy a volcano, as there isn't much defense against them.

Shades aren't assasins. If you can't detect them, you can still​ do just fine. It helps balance the clearly superior stats of orc units against undead units​ if the undead player has more information on enemy position.
Shades do not deal much damage,so I don't think it is much of harm,if they see what he have(it is alot big harm actually),but I can make a lich till the time it reached to me,but right now,I think army is more important,so I am trying to go with the same thing I did against SacredNut,but I need to be careful,again,they are undead,so headhunters are useless.

Are undeads supposed to be slow?Just look at the speed of undead workers(btw,orcs worker should be little slow,or expensive)
Homo homini lupus
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well outposts can have lower sight then to b inferior stealth detectors but against a combination of wagons and assassins it doesn't really matter how many stealth detectors u own, worse if wagon is inside a transport ship, they can travel half the map in a turn to kill a castle on the edge of the map that the opponent would NVR expect u to find lol :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I see the game is not on much big map,and we are active with our turn,I am impressed by Stratego's activeness,despite of he being a busy person,anyways,I can't give update,because we have to hide things from each other,but lose or win,the result will be declared soon
Homo homini lupus
Patrol3110

Post by Patrol3110 »

Outposts are unvoteable, they need an image and as you said some balancing.
Here is the link if you need it
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=5163
I can bet you don't know who I am.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Ok,by now,Stratego has been consistently leading the game,I still have some hope,lets see if I can stand on in the tournament
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

My battle against constantin does not go well. I fear he is teaching me that I need to play more matches of elf vs elf, as strategies I would never employ against other races become critical in such games. He now controls 3/4 of the map, and I have only about 3 turns faster archery research than him and 2 levels of dodge arrows in superior technology as comfort. At this point, I think it would take a stroke of mad genius and an alliance with the rng for me to win. I'm not discounting the possibility though, so it's not over yet.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Well,I tried my best,but Stratego was able to defeat me,so I have no regrets.
Sadly,I am out of the tourney,but I am glad I could stand for so long
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

It appears I'm headed for a rematch with Daniel at present rate. Updating brackets now. It was great having you, and don't forget to keep checking here to cheer everyone else on.
Sunrise Samurai

Doomcarrot and Menselot? How's that match going?
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I really like this tourney,and I for sure would watch each moment of this tourney,as it was my debut tournament
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Constantin​ has advanced to the semifinals to await his next opponent. I need someone to give me an update on the status of that please.

As for myself, I am forced to retreat to the redemption round. General Brave, please pm me so we can get started.
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

Yes, my game with Sunrise Samurai ended with my victory. Before this stage of the tournament there were two developments. Either I play against Daniel (Stratego) or against Sunrise Samurai. I was ready for these two options. If I played with Stratego, then I would not change human race. But I played with Sunrise Samurai, so my plan was to destroy him faster speed than he destroyed his rivals. I saw some screenshots about him games against humans. He destroyed humans due to the initial advantage. My decision was to change the race to elfs (the fastest) to surpass Sunrise Samurai in speed.
Therefore, my main units were the cheapest elf archers. This game was developed as follows. During the start turns, I tried to build all elfs archery as close as possible to the Sunrise Samurai side. At the same time I spent turns my builders for the way to his side. Even reduction by one cell to the opponent side can speed up your units. Each outgoing unit from this building will move on the map 1 cell faster. And also for the sake of a faster start-up of units on Sunrise Samurai side, I firstly build elfs archery, sacrificing more earlier build elf blacksmith. Therefore, I received elf archery technology 2 turns later than Sunrise Samurai. Also I build fewer workers and almost all my tcs were directed for build elf rangers, but 1 tcs build elf druids. The map provided us with 15 tcs and in the early stages someone was supposed to get 8 tcs and someone 7. But having the above described production, I initially got more units and also blocked the way to tcs by wolf. Sunrise Samurai coped with the wolf and even managed to occupy this tcs, but he could not save this tcs. You can see this in the first screenshot. https://postimg.org/image/3xjn9o7nf/ My next purpose was to get the north east tcs. I sent 80% of my army to the north east of the map. Next, the archers shot the unicorn rider and several archers that are nearby. Next, I brought 4 units closer to this tcs and they had the opportunity to enter this tcs the next turn. Sunrise Samurai killed 3 out of 4 of these units and also wounded the fourth. He didnt have only one shot to killed fourth archer. So in the next turn I got this tcs. Further, Sunrise sent elf sentinel and studied evansion tech. Elf sentinel was a problem for me. But it would be an even bigger problem if Sunrise Samurai buffed it strengthen. So I sent the bait to a distance of 4 cells from elf sentinel. A more sensible decision was to buff the strenghten elf sentinel and try to retrieve the tcs. But Sunrise Samurai attacked this bait, so the next turn my archers deal 3 damage per shot. https://postimg.org/image/xdz9bs12j/ https://postimg.org/image/ius4ag08r/ I divided my army into two squards. The first squad was to get the 10 tcs, the other squad was to protect the 9 tcs. I also risked, leaving only one archer in tcs and closing the way with only one spearman. Sunrise Samurai could safely return this tcs, killing only two units. But he decided to protect 10 tcs, spending most of the shots for the archers who are near the 10 tcs. But my army was regularly replenished with new archers, so I didnt feel the losses. Next I had to get 10 tcs, but evansinos a little prevented me. I would have gotten this tcs for 3 turns before then I got it just through 3 turns actually. Then Sunrise Samurai sent to this tcs centaur. But I killed it in two turns and entered the tcs also wounded ranger, as in 9 tcs. Then he went into the defense and I got twice points. The defender always loses in this game to the attacker. Therefore, defense only postpones defeat.

The most difficult obstacle was the 2 Great trees. Also Sunrise Samurai wanted to build 3 Great trees, but I prevented this by killing many him workers (there were only 5 to the next turn) and lowering hp tcs to such an amount that sunrise samurai could not rebuild it in 1 turn. Should be noted that 1 ent builder gives 36 hp for 1 turn. Therefore, Sunrise did not have enough to rebuild only 3 hp. On the next turn I killed almost all of him workers and again reduced the amount of hp from this great tree. Next I sent 3 fire archers.
1 of them shot the Great tree, which finally destroyed the unfinished Great Tree. The next two turns were the last, as a result of which I got 11 tcs and almost destroyed another Great Tree. https://postimg.org/image/5qmjxufxn/ This game lasted 24 turns. Sunrise Samurai was one of the strongest players I've ever met. I'm glad for this game, but in any case we move on.
Last edited by Constantin on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

Also I would like to change race back to humans in next game
Sunrise Samurai

Ahh. You studied me :lol: that explains a few things. Typically I can use my methods to outspeed even most elf players while building a balanced, upgraded army for later. Obviously I need to be more alert to speed against more experienced elf players, even at the cost of development speed if this is any indication. I must say that was a fun game. I hope to get another shot at you later in the tournament. If so, I don't plan on being caught off guard in the same way again.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

So there is no currently going game?
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Me vs General Brave is ongoing, but it's a fog game. Beyond that, waiting on the one other game to finish.
Sunrise Samurai

Been a bit time crunched the past couple days and probably will be this week. If I don't take my turns in a timely fashion in any of my games, I apologise in advance.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Menselot still hasn't responded or taken his turn in well over a month. I was winning by a large margin on the last turn. I think it is time that I move on to face constantin :P
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

DoomCarrot wrote:Menselot still hasn't responded or taken his turn in well over a month. I was winning by a large margin on the last turn. I think it is time that I move on to face constantin :P
Yeah. You've both been gone a while, but I don't know if menselot is coming back. If you were already winning, I'd say it's perfectly fine to advance you. Updating brackets as soon as I can
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok cool :)

And yeah, I usually am only really active on weekends rn, as I am very busy during the weekdays. Sorry for being MIA often, but I assure you I have not/will not vanish permanently :lol:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

PM'ed you, constantin, about our next match
Sunrise Samurai

Im leaving menselot vs Stratego as is until my match with General Brave finishes. If he doesn't respond by then, I'll have to let Stratego skip him.

And usually I find it easier to play​ during the week, rather than weekends
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Are you going to take your turn?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Just did. Sorry, real life is a pain in the behind sometimes.

Return to “Championship”