Multiple Level.

General Brave

Multiple Level.

Post by General Brave »

Hey Stratego. I'm wondering how hard is it to make multiple levels? Which I mean is can we add floors to maps, imagine making a castle level, you have the ground floor which is the basic. Then you have the tower and dungeon, each its separate levels. If you are on the tower level, you can see the enemy on the base level because there's nothing that area of the second level. Basically like a overview. If your character was in the dungeon level and he needs to go through the moat, he could move under the bridge because it was on the the base level.

Think how the game can change and how Maps can be made. Kind of like other RTS games like Dwarf Fortress and Rising Empire which have the multiple level.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Re: Multiple Level.

Post by godOfKings »

Caves then could b entered as basic level on ground floor, the stairs could b used to move up the top of cliff on second level, like tactics ogre, different height levels could have effects on range of archers, moving above walls could b second level, this has such a huge prospect if implemented it could completely change game play and make it super awesome
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Actually I m thinking too much 3D like right now
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You're basically right, we can have a button that allows us to look through the different level.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Sounds fun and all, but I highly doubt the game will ever be able to handle it.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It could b like new layers, different terrain can b considered different layers in terrain properties , for example all cliff terrain can b set to b layer 2 while most terrains r ground floor, stairs could b tough to code the transition between layer 1 and 2, and may b map terrains can b separated into layer 1 tiles and layer 2 tiles with some tiles being common in both layers, but we have to select the correct tile from the desired layer for it to work between ground floor and 1st floor, just having two floors at the beginning is more than enough, that alone could open the doorway to a whole new world in age of strategy

Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

AGREED, like we were talking this on discord, this would allow us to bigger possibilities... To solve Midonik problems with AoG, i suggested such thing... Take these img i made to explain space battles in AOG. In this variant. Maps would be composed from 1 to 3 layers. Surface, Orbit and Space. And the units would be able to interact over these floors.
Plane test.png
Surface is the same old way we current play...
Atmo/Orbit would be made of aerial battles with floating islands or orbital asteroids (gray dots in map bellow) that can be used as place to build and land defenses. to rech those you will need transport or by a portal(that must be made on the tile bellow the asteroid (like an elevator). Also you can make bridges to space in order to build space stations and space buildings...
While on space will have those cool mega spaceship battles around orbital stations.
Plane test 1.png
Same can aply to other variants as underground battles for AoF with dwarves and orcs on mines and sky battles around floating islands with flying beings...

Also with floors, we woul be able to make custom floors like campaigns on rpgs, such as towers, castles, or with cave like places... also under ultramarine deepths... Many possibilities and ofc... I strongly support this out.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

For AOG i m starting to imagine huge, over 100x100 tile maps where u can have many somewhat large planets in between space, like four moderately large planet islands on four corners, separated by the ocean of space, with many moon islands in between, I think we don't even need to add sea, and space itself can b the sea in this game

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sorry for the bad news, but
- i really dont think it is a good idea making multiple floors this way (you see all layers above each other or something)
- the only way i could imagine is like the „going down to dundeon” option where a new „map” is loaded that is the dungeon beneath the earth.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Whatever is the way to give us multiple floors.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The second option could work for AOG where upper map is the space map and lower map is planetary

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:09 pm Sorry for the bad news, but
- i really dont think it is a good idea making multiple floors this way (you see all layers above each other or something)
- the only way i could imagine is like the „going down to dundeon” option where a new „map” is loaded that is the dungeon beneath the earth.
At least for aof this sounds fun.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

This sounds fun! How about the AI?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

if you can not show me an edited screenhot of how it would look for the user, i can not imagine it working.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Add button that shows second layer (like in heroes of might and magic) and just 2 maps.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, but please send me screenshot of game area (not because of buttons, i can imagine buttons - i can not imagine the game area this way)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I think it's can be similar like Dwarf Fortress, except it would be multiple maps which are connected. And the button would allow you to cycle through them.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Play into heroes of might and magic 3 (HoMM 3).
I imagine 2nd level like that.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:09 pm - the only way i could imagine is like the „going down to dundeon” option where a new „map” is loaded that is the dungeon beneath the earth.
this way is good enough too

Return to “Map Editor”