peasant - IMPLEMENTED

Midonik

Re: Armed pessant

Post by Midonik »

Ok. Give pages is much,why its not acepted?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Redpill

Re: Armed pessant

Post by Redpill »

(I didnt know where to post, in the other thread or here... so here, i guess)
A poorly armed, cheap, and fast unit; the peasant is a quick infantry unit destined to protect cities in early stages
Cost:1
Attack:___! in the other thread there were posted several options, plus this one. Options are 2, 4 or 3 (I personally like 3)
Speed:___! the same, options are 4 or 5
HP: 5 (there was said 3 too...)
Sight: 5 (posted in the other thread, no other opinion)
Range: 1
Armor: 0
Pierce armor: 0
Can be builded only i TC´s
...So far, this is the general opinion on this unit. Thoughts?
Attachments
peasant_1.png
peasant_1.png (822 Bytes) Viewed 5745 times
makazuwr32

Militia

Post by makazuwr32 »

Militia will be Town-exclusive unit with leaving effect (i think 3 turns).
They can be trained for 1 turn only, but they are weaker, than even normal swordman.
They must be used as a last stand for your town.
They can't capture enemy towns
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Militia

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think this was suggested before? Although I can't seem to find the post...
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You must be thinking of peasants.
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

This is not a peasants, but rather a towns' own Militia army in case of you need them to hold off a little longer your opponent (for example while your main army will come to)
They either must have "leaving" ability or somehow made, so that they can't go far from their own town.
For example give all towns Militia aura (name WiP) and make it so that this aura gives them +2 to speed and out of the aura they have speed 1 and that they can't enter into wagons/transport or any other ways be transported.
Cheap, fast mass unit to protect the town for a while.

Historical help:
In eastern Europe most of towns had in 9-12 centuries their own army of militias to defend the city from invaders like mongols or saracens.
They have sometimes not as good equipment as princes' armies but there was a mass of volunteers in the city to defend it in case of.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds good, should they have upgrade to Train the the militia better?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Maybe just blacksmith upgrades. They haven't to be unkillable and so on.
But if you can to implement this then each Militia can be upgraded separately into swordman (or upgraded version if you upgraded them) for 2 turns near barracks.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

But they will fill the TCs,and we won't have any other option,except to delete it,so it should be able to walk 3 tiles from the TC
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

They will affected by TC aura, which gives them +2 to speed, but their base speed is 1
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Re: peasant

Post by COOLguy »

COOLguy wrote:Summing up the thread:
patroid wrote:Hi
Ok its earlier ready, i made it tonight...
:D
Patroid
Stats (mixing balint and patroid's ideas):

cost - 1
hp - 5
attack - 4
sight - 5
range - 1
speed - 3
build - 1

Good? :)
Thanks!
Josh
General Brave

Re: peasant - ACCEPTED

Post by General Brave »

Was this supposed to mean?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We merged 5 similar topics into one.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I had a great doubt,when I saw many different topic titles,but then I got to remember about merge feature
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Idea reimagine: Militias

Post by makazuwr32 »

Idea reimagine:
Name: Militias
Cost - 1 turn.
All of them must be counted as Infantries so both cavalry and archers get bonuses vs them.
Are affected by "Town patrol" tech only. Can't be affected by blacksmith upgrades/ambidextria. Can't capture tc's. Can't get Banner Bearer's bonuses.

For this we can get randomly one of 4 units:

Peasant
Hp - 6
Attack - 1
Mend rate - 3
Speed - 3
Sight - 4

Militia swordman
Hp - 11 (can be one-hit-one-kill by basic light cavalry)
Attack - 6 (no bonuses to any units)
Speed - 3
Sight - 4
No armor.

Militia archer
Hp - 7
Attack - 4 (no bonuses)
Range - 3
Speed - 3
Sight - 5
No armor.
30% chance to miss.

Militia Pikeman
Hp - 8
Attack - 4 (150% bonus against cavalry (10 damage) and 250% against elephants (14 damage))
Speed - 3
Sight - 4
No armor.

Also if they can get different spawning chances then i suggest to 20% for peasant, 35% for Militia swordman, 30% for Militia archer and 15% for Militia pikeman.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

A little worried about the various attacks of these units. We don't want to encourage a spam of 1 turn units. Make sure that they are underpowered to make sure they are not spammed (like the scout and bird are not spammed)
Thanks!
Josh
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

TO JUSTICE
scout eagle is of 2 turns.
I am in-support of the peasant unit pack,but one thing I don't agree is the turn cost
Homo homini lupus
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Although - we can't make it a more than 1 turn unit since that would change up the basic idea of the unit a lot
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

First - 3/4 units will not have any bonuses. None of them.

Second - they are as auxillaries - you can get completely random unit of 4.

Third - If they will still be a bit op we can just decrease their speed by 1 and maybe remove counter attack.

Fourth - they can't get any upgrades exept town patrol - good scouting and antirushing unit. Only. None of these units could be a threat for spartan hoplite/roman legionare/shielder/knight (with archer cover). and ballistas and catapults will just steamroll through them.

Militia swordman for example would be killed by first hit of light cavalry (without upgrades they do 11 damage to infantries). Normal archers will do to them 8 damage and with attack of 7 (longbowman with 1 blacksmith upgrade) will just kill them.
Militia pikeman can't even one-hit-one-kill same light cavalry (10 damage to them will do with 150% bonus).
Militia archer with 4 damage, 3 range (same as scirmisher and lower, than mongolian horseman) and 30% chance to miss can't be a treat from beginning. Even scout bird is better choice as well as normal archer.
And regular peasant is just a regular peasant with extremly low mending that can't be increased with ambidextria.

Also if they can get different spawning chances then i suggest to 20% for peasant, 35% for Militia swordman, 30% for Militia archer and 15% for Militia pikeman.

This way yes they can be spammed. But only for slowing enemy.

For example you have 8 this units (2 peasants, 2 swordmen, 2 pikemen, 2 archers), whileopponent has for same cost 1 ballista (current one), 1 shielder and one archer (from wagons).
Ballista with first shot can damage 1 swordman down to 1 hp and damage others for 8 damage (near swordman). Two times. And if near him someone exept other swordman they'll be killed because exept of militia swordman none of them has more than 8 hp.
shielder can hold extremly long versus this "army" and archer will kill suvivors
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

makazuwr32 wrote:First - 3/4 units will not have any bonuses. None of them.

Second - they are as auxillaries - you can get completely random unit of 4.

Third - If they will still be a bit op we can just decrease their speed by 1 and maybe remove counter attack.

Fourth - they can't get any upgrades exept town patrol - good scouting and antirushing unit. Only. None of these units could be a threat for spartan hoplite/roman legionare/shielder/knight (with archer cover). and ballistas and catapults will just steamroll through them.

Militia swordman for example would be killed by first hit of light cavalry (without upgrades they do 11 damage to infantries). Normal archers will do to them 8 damage and with attack of 7 (longbowman with 1 blacksmith upgrade) will just kill them.
Militia pikeman can't even one-hit-one-kill same light cavalry (10 damage to them will do with 150% bonus).
Militia archer with 4 damage, 3 range (same as scirmisher and lower, than mongolian horseman) and 30% chance to miss can't be a treat from beginning. Even scout bird is better choice as well as normal archer.
And regular peasant is just a regular peasant with extremly low mending that can't be increased with ambidextria.

This way yes they can be spammed. But only for slowing enemy.

For example you have 8 this units (2 peasants, 2 swordmen, 2 pikemen, 2 archers), whileopponent has for same cost 1 ballista (current one), 1 shielder and one archer (from wagons).
Ballista with first shot can damage 1 swordman down to 1 hp and damage others for 8 damage (near swordman). Two times. And if near him someone exept other swordman they'll be killed because exept of militia swordman none of them has more than 8 hp.
shielder can hold extremly long versus this "army" and archer will kill suvivors
I still don't feel any unit should be worthy of 1 turn,even the scout eagles take 2 turns.It would destroy the fun,just imagine how quickly they will spam around.

Probably,I am just suggesting,and not deciding
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But dog costs 1 turn.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

makazuwr32 wrote:But dog costs 1 turn.
Don't say you are comparing it with the "cute dog"
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

This "cute dog" could survive 2 shots from archer and 2 strikes from light cavalry.
And these guys are designed so that they CAN'T survive that (exept swordman who can survive 1 shot from archer)
They are also slower, have lower sight radius and, as dog, can't capture TC'S or have any bonuses (exept pikeman, who has some to cavalry).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Think about them as weak movable walls.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Exactly.
Just to slow down a bit enemies.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

That dog can't spawn,noone makes it because it is of no use in some maps.But these units can,I am not a continuous arguer,but I still think 2 turns, is must.As soon as the game starts,Peasants and pesants and peasant,I say,make them little strong,and then give them 2 or 3 turns.
Homo homini lupus
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

But that would kill the point, didn't you read before? They are supposed to be weak weak weak, just for last chance defense. Also i would rather train swordsman for 2 turns than some yahoo
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

LOA you opened my eyes,lol
It deserves its cost,as last sentence,what LOA said,"It is the last hope of defense."I think it is worthy,because just imagine,"-peaceful theme;serious tone;huge crisis;war about to be over;Player 2 going to defeat Player 1,Player 1,make Peasant,as his last hope.He thinks it will be a archer,swordsman or pikeman,but what comes out is......Peasant worker,lol;And then Player2 laughs on that,like 'Woken' Ayush Tiwari,hehehehehhehh,hohohohohoohoh,hahahahahhahah,hehehehehheheheh,ahahhehehehhahehhahaho,hoohohohohohohohoho.
he says like me,"I WILL DELETE YOU!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!

Wonderful ;-)
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Or for example you need 1-2 turns 'till your elephant/spartan hoplite/other unit you are counting on to hold up and you need a wall to slow down a bit enemy.

Also if you need for example fast worker unit and you hope for Peasant you can get instead one of three other units instead of.
And even more Laborer can at least build Palisades and Watch towers as well as they have 8 mend rate compared to Peasant's 3 and is affected by Town patrol Tech.

Yes they have pretty good damage for 1 turn unit. But without counter attack ablity, with such a low hp and counting as infantry they could be killed extremly easy and can't be a threat.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Merged in the serf topic
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”